#1 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

http://www.nj.com/de..._was_proud.html

"Being able to win that first championship was amazing. An unbelievable experience, especially because we were going in as pretty big underdogs. In some ways maybe that made it more special. We obviously believed in our room that we could do it. We believed in ourselves and were able to do it. It was a fun time."

Memories of playing in New Jersey: "I think the best memory, and it's more than one, is the teammates. The guys I played with. Talk about Scotty and Dano, but the list is long. Obviously Marty (Brodeur). He saved my butt on a number of times and made me look better than I probably was out there. So many great players-- (John) MacLean, Randy McKay, Sergei Brylin. Some great friends like (Jay) Pandolfo. So many great people. Teammates, people that worked for the organization, the coaches and training staff that probably works harder than us players. So that really are the memories I cherish now more than anything now. Maybe more than

What did you know about New Jersey when you arrived?: "I actually had a older green and red jersey when I was a kid. So I knew the colors of the team. I'd worn that jersey around. I remember, I think it was '87, the playoff run (actually 1988), watching the playoff run on TV as a kid and kind of getting caught up in the excitement that was here at that time on TV. I obviously knew some of the players. As a kid you know who the players are in the NHL.

"When I got here I was young, green. I didn't really have any expectations whether it was New Jersey or anywhere in the NHL for that matter. It was a whole new world for me. I went out and tried to do my best, figure it out as I went. It became home after a while. Initially when you're here you're kind of immersed in what you're doing. Then you start having kids and they're going to school and playing sports. You start getting plugged into the community a little bit. And we really enjoyed our time. We probably would never have ended up on the East Coast had I not been drafted here, we're glad we had the experience of living out here as long as we did."
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#2 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,343 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:01 PM

You know -- these things always annoy me.

Nieds is just never the man I want him to be.

He's wonderful and great and smart and interesting enough and all... he's complex enough. He's very honest. I don't find him guarded or distant. He loves family. He's loyal - you can see he's a loyal guy. He's a needy vulnerable guy even. He gets passionate and out of control. I get a sense of where he's coming from -- but then ... I just don't feel it.

I can never really appreciate him a much as he really does deserve. What is it about Scott Stevens that makes him so much more adorable?

I guess I want Nieds to have his same skills but Stevens personality. So close... and yet sooooo far!

I'm here for the party

#3 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:08 PM

You know -- these things always annoy me.

Nieds is just never the man I want him to be.

He's wonderful and great and smart and interesting enough and all... he's complex enough. He's very honest. I don't find him guarded or distant. He loves family. He's loyal - you can see he's a loyal guy. He's a needy vulnerable guy even. He gets passionate and out of control. I get a sense of where he's coming from -- but then ... I just don't feel it.

I can never really appreciate him a much as he really does deserve. What is it about Scott Stevens that makes him so much more adorable?

I guess I want Nieds to have his same skills but Stevens personality. So close... and yet sooooo far!

I feel the same way about Scarlett Johansson. :giggle:
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#4 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:27 PM

i wish they all could be california

if you watched the game365 you get it

if not then you never will, i dunno i became a big fan on nieds night

plus the game was big and the celebration was humble
Posted Image

#5 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,343 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:47 PM

Well my secret crush on Fran Healy didnt' help Nieds much either...

see his surfing annoyed me. he just annoys me :saddevil:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 19 December 2011 - 03:47 PM.

I'm here for the party

#6 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,343 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:51 PM

all this posting is cutting into my bandwidth and I can't watch an uninterrupted Netflix download of old Ghost Whisperers. JLH has some HUGE tits...and that can! It's cute but yeesh how much work for her to not be a fatass...

and I hate Scarlett Johanson -- she's a big soft flabby titty flabb flabster flabby puffed up estrogen flab monster. I'm glad dudes like her though -- then there's hope when I'm all fat and hormonal. "You're sexy" -- I"M FAT AND HORMONAL DON"T TOUCH THOSE!!! :lol: poor men.

I'm here for the party

#7 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:17 PM

this
Posted Image
plus this
Posted Image
equals this
Posted Image

Edited by lazer, 20 December 2011 - 12:53 PM.

Posted Image

#8 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:52 AM

Jennifer love hugetits Ooooo yeah
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#9 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:35 PM

all this posting is cutting into my bandwidth and I can't watch an uninterrupted Netflix download of old Ghost Whisperers. JLH has some HUGE tits...and that can! It's cute but yeesh how much work for her to not be a fatass...

and I hate Scarlett Johanson -- she's a big soft flabby titty flabb flabster flabby puffed up estrogen flab monster. I'm glad dudes like her though -- then there's hope when I'm all fat and hormonal. "You're sexy" -- I"M FAT AND HORMONAL DON"T TOUCH THOSE!!! :lol: poor men.

If this post had pictures, it'd be Post of the Year.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users