Posted Image

#22 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:59 AM

The banner they raised to the rafters - the font on the #2 is wrong. I can't add a picture from the game but I'm sure there are pics online. I can't explain it properly but where the diagonal part of the two raises up to the right from the bottom of the number - on the banner it stops short and forms a straight line up. The font of the devils #2 does not do this. In fact, the replica banner they gave out got it right.

Amazing.

It's wrong on both the 2 AND the 7. I caught that immediately, as I'm sure many others did. It's also correct in the limited edition print BTW, as well as the mini-replica.

It wouldn't surprise me if the company that manufactured the banner was at fault, and by the time the banner was delivered to the Devils, it was simply too late to do anything about it. I'm pretty sure if WE noticed it, THEY must have noticed it too. I also find it hard to believe they would've have specified the incorrect font when placing the order. The whole thing IS unfortunate...if anything, I would love for the Devils to order a replacement with the correct font.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#23 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:50 AM

It's wrong on both the 2 AND the 7. I caught that immediately, as I'm sure many others did. It's also correct in the limited edition print BTW, as well as the mini-replica.

It wouldn't surprise me if the company that manufactured the banner was at fault, and by the time the banner was delivered to the Devils, it was simply too late to do anything about it. I'm pretty sure if WE noticed it, THEY must have noticed it too. I also find it hard to believe they would've have specified the incorrect font when placing the order. The whole thing IS unfortunate...if anything, I would love for the Devils to order a replacement with the correct font.

I'm not so sure about the 7. I know that now, our 7 looks a little different (ie, the top right corner is angled), but if you look at pictures of 2004 and before, the 7 on the jerseys is like the one on the banner, so I think that at least is correct.

#24 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

Do Daneyko's and Stevens have the correct font?
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#25 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:07 AM

That's the 2nd thing that I noticed. The first is that the numbers are inconsistent between Stevens and Niedermayer. Stevens played his last game on 1/7/04 and retired on 9/7/05. His banner has 2005 as the last year. Niedermayer played his last game as a Devil on 4/17/04 and signed with Anaheim on 8/4/05. His banner has 2004 as the last year. They should either both say 2004 (when they played their last games) or 2005 (when they stopped being active members of the Devils).

the lockout throws this into a wreck - i'm ok w/ the years.

Do Daneyko's and Stevens have the correct font?

yes, they do.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#26 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:18 PM

At least DM got it right on the message board banner -- that's what really counts.

The 7 had the diagonal top right corner - it's block on the banner.

:giggle: you get what you give Nieds - it may be half-assed but it's still awesome.

I'm here for the party

#27 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:58 PM

Maybe Vanderbeek didn't pay the bill. You get what you pay for.

#28 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:24 AM

the lockout throws this into a wreck - i'm ok w/ the years.

I understand that the lockout confuses things but they should at least be consistent. I would prefer that they both say 2004, for the last game played.
Posted Image

#29 Guadana

Guadana

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:58 AM

can you ask for me to one question?

when nieder sad special thanks for lou - devils fans say booooo
best jersey - jersey without surnames - only with numbers

#30 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:03 AM

No no Fans Devils say Louuuuu

#31 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:03 AM

they said "Lou"

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-

#32 Joe B

Joe B

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:52 PM

they said "Lou"

I was saying boo-urns.

my seats were next to the boxes were Nieds family was. For as graceful Scotty was on the ice, he came real close to falling down as he was walking down the stairs and possibly going over the glass. Stumbled down a few stairs but regained his balance, it was just a sureal moment when I saw it.

and getting back on topic since all I really wanted to do was throw in a simpsons reference is.

Aren't the fonts inconsistent on a few banners? don't think it's one of the cup banners but I do remember some of the banners being off. I will have to check tonight.

Joe
Joe

#33 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

Kinda looks like a mishmash of Christmas Tree era 2s.

Take the top of this 2 ...
Posted Image

... and the bottom of this 2 ...
Posted Image

... swap black for green and bada bing bada boom, you kinda sorta end up with this bastardized 2 ...
Posted Image

Makes perfect sense.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#34 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:38 PM

Kinda looks like a mishmash of Christmas Tree era 2s.

Take the top of this 2 ...

Makes perfect sense.

Could be since Niedermayer did get drafted when they wore the old jerseys.

Am I the only one who is most annoyed about the "R" in his name? I do not think they used that font at any point.

#35 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:41 PM

Am I the only one who is most annoyed about the "R" in his name? I do not think they used that font at any point.

Damn it stop pointing these things out! Now I wont be able to look at the banner!

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#36 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:01 PM

wow - missed the R - yup another terrible job there.

the 2, i suppose, could be like the kitchen jersey but it's still wrong in my eyes. they might as well have done the rangers 3d font

20082719943.png
-

#37 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:26 PM

Funny DIG, I remember thinking the same thing, that it reminded me of the second Xmas font. The first Xmas one was kinda weird looking...the numbers were too skinny. When you watch old Devils videos, those numbers just look primitive somehow.

Still can't believe the fonts are so off...especially when Stevens and Daneyko were correct. Gotta think the manufacturer blew that one...
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#38 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

Aren't the fonts inconsistent on a few banners? don't think it's one of the cup banners but I do remember some of the banners being off. I will have to check tonight.

Joe

They may be, but this is a glaring error because in this case there is an actual correct font--the one used on the jerseys. The Stevens and Daneyko banners have the correct font, but the Niedermayer one does not.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#39 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:34 PM

Does anyone think they'll replace the banner, or just leave it as is? I'd imagine it wouldn't be a cheap endevor.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#40 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:56 AM

Does anyone think they'll replace the banner, or just leave it as is? I'd imagine it wouldn't be a cheap endevor.

I really do think the banner company f'ed up, and that there simply wasn't time to replace it. I just find it hard to believe that the Devils would screw something like that up...why would they ever send the wrong fonts over to the company that manufactured the banner? Especially when they were correct on the mini-banner and print?

If that's the case, I would think it's on the manufacturer to replace it free-of-charge, as it was their screw-up to begin with.

#30 FOREVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users