537 replies to this topic

#321 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:56 PM

And yeahh-- the Marty haters can all go get run over by a truck for all I care. They've been saying the same "Mister Softee!" sh!t since 2003. Now that he's getting up there in age and not playing the way he used to, they all puff their chests because they "TOTES CALLED THAT YO"

if you are referring to me, i have never hated marty before this season. and when i did shrug him off it was this year when i said, "yo, he's not the same we can't rely on him every game"... you cannot disagree with that like come onnnnnnnn

Edited by Onddeck, 20 December 2011 - 09:56 PM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#322 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,891 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:56 PM

"they can't beat this team dude" is pretty much justified by that Lundquist vs. Marty career record. its disgusting and repulsive to any Devils fan

We've had some sh!t seasons against them in recent years, yep, but that has nothing to do with this year's team.

If Foster's puck was half an inch to the left, the entire board is asking off work for the day of the Stanley Cup parade.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#323 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:57 PM

Let me ask you folks - if you could have picked this game or Niedernight to win - which one would you have?

EXACTLY

Nieds night was great, they fed from the emotion and took care of a gassed team on a cruel road trip.

You an't win all 82, and with this lineup you won't - nor should you expect "mistake free hockey" with this blue line.

Look at the Rangers blueline tonight. Anton Stralman, Stu Bickel (1st nhl game) and Tim Erixon. Half of the defense.

Really? Erixon, Bickel and Stralman? Yet, should the NYR have come in tonight and said "fvck it, we gotta expect mistakes and we can't win 'em all"?
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#324 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,891 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:57 PM

if you are referring to me, i have never hated marty before this season. and when i did shrug him off it was this year when i said, "yo, he's not the same we can't rely on him every game"... you cannot disagree with that like come onnnnnnnn

Clearly no

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#325 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

Kinda had a feeling we'd lay an egg in this one
Posted Image Posted Image

#326 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,661 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

Lundquist and the Rags get up for these games though. Marty and the Devils view them as nothing more than another team. I guess we're just too far removed from 1994. Well, unless you're a Rags fan then 1994 is all you talk about.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#327 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:00 PM

They werent playing they way they should/could. Its frustrating as hell to watch. Regardless happy to see Zajac get his first goal of the season. That was good to see. Marty......ugh.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#328 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Very frustrating game, but that's how Rangers games are nowadays. We obviously outplayed them by quite a wide margin, but Lundqvist always brings his absolutely best game against us and Brodeur hasn't been able to keep up with him (I think Lundqvist is now 21-5 against Brodeur). Also Rangers are hot and when teams are hot, they get bounces and this game was no exception. Rangers got bounces going their way both to score goals and to prevent goals.

Unfortunately, the reality is that most nights we'll lose to the Rangers, and 90% of that reasoning is because of Lundqvist.

#329 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Lundquist and the Rags get up for these games though. Marty and the Devils view them as nothing more than another team.

Clearly you didn't read what Sykora had to say about the rivalry in the NJ.com article yesterday.

#330 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

ok so then will you agree that Marty did not show up as a great goalie tonight?

How many times have I said this? yes. Its just not the reason we lost.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#331 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:07 PM

Lundquist and the Rags get up for these games though. Marty and the Devils view them as nothing more than another team. I guess we're just too far removed from 1994. Well, unless you're a Rags fan then 1994 is all you talk about.

Wait you think the Devils just view the Rangers as another team? You're living under a rock. And hopefully not the prudential center because Ranger fans might laugh in your face. Granted the Devils have more bragging rights than the Rangers do since the Devils have been in existence ...but we can seriously win 10 in a row ..play the Rangers and lose. It's happened before.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#332 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

By the way, for those of you who are saying that the Devils didn't get up for this game, or that we didn't play well, you're smoking crack.

#333 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

this was Debo's first taste of this rivalry, I think next time we play the rags, the lineup will be our best available

#334 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,661 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

Changed my wallpaper from Patty Elias to TV on the Radio. That might have sunk us since I added the wallpaper after our last game.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#335 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

By the way, for those of you who are saying that the Devils didn't get up for this game, or that we didn't play well, you're smoking crack.

I think the Devils got up but we didn't play well for a full 60...as usual.

#336 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

I can't believe Marty's record against Lundquist is 5-21. thats repulsive

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#337 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

Just wanted to take a moment and highlight a few of the worst offenders in the "stuff people say on this forum that piss everyone off" club. BS comments like these irritate me to no end. Let me clarify - I am disappointed in the way Brodeur played tonight. In fact, I was just talking about how we need to start Hedberg more. But there is no need to take this bad situation and turn it into a smug, self-serving remark like these. We all know that Brodeur is old and declining. Why are so many of you acting like you're some kind of hockey genius for "predicting" that he would have some bad games?

It's one thing to be frustrated that the team lost. Everybody on here is feeling that. It's another thing to "celebrate" that loss with posts like this. The team played well and lost. Marty wasn't great. These things happen. Take the loss and move on.

Please a post like this is only doing the opposite of the point you are trying to make.

Marty has been declining for some time and the queen has had his number for years. He simply cannot play in high pressure situations anymore and really never has done all that well in these type of games in recent years.

It is amazing the justifications the fanboys of Marty on here make to defend him. What he has don't in the past is the past. He simply cannot beat the rags anymore. He was terrible and I thought the rest of the team was at least solid tonight.

Edited by DevsMan84, 20 December 2011 - 10:13 PM.

#338 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

I think the Devils got up but we didn't play well for a full 60...as usual.

We played well for very close to 60 minutes. Close enough that it's not worth mentioning. The Rangers didn't win this game because we didn't play for 60 minutes. They won because of Lundqvist, Brodeur, and bounces.

#339 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:14 PM

We played well for very close to 60 minutes. Close enough that it's not worth mentioning. The Rangers didn't win this game because we didn't play for 60 minutes. They won because of Lundqvist, Brodeur, and bounces.

Gotta disagree there. Bounces yes, Lundqvist yes. Broudeur could have been better? yes. But we did not play a full 60. We slugged along for major parts of the 2nd and third periods. We also made mistakes that we have been making all season - from giving up the lead again to handing the opposing team an odd man advantage goal. That does not equate to playing well.

#340 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:15 PM

I can't believe Marty's record against Lundquist is 5-21. thats repulsive

what is our record against the rags at the Rock.....I can only remember 1 or 2 wins against them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users