134 replies to this topic

#81 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:18 AM

This. I've been at games where I felt like an a$$hole because I'm the only person in my section cheering. It finally gets loud after goals. The Supporters Section was a great idea to get Devs fans together to keep the building loud and positive, no matter what. Too bad the team sh!tcanned that, but that's a discussion for a different thread.

The team cancelled the supporter section???? I hated sitting there, but I respected their enthusiasm. That was a huge mistake by the organization. Just dumb.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#82 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:24 AM

The team cancelled the supporter section???? I hated sitting there, but I respected their enthusiasm. That was a huge mistake by the organization. Just dumb.

They didn't cancel it , but they made it exclusive to season ticket holders only.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#83 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:53 AM

I agree with Rags and Flyers, but not Habs. They're loud, they invade the arena, and they love their team, but they're not there to start trouble. I've had nothing but positive interactions with them. And I've had bad interactions with other fans.

I have to disagree. They are some of the most disrespectful people I've ever encountered. They sh!t on our national anthem and country every chance they get. Their self-entitled attitude has no basis in reality and is out of control. They are just as bad as Rags and Flyers fans in my opinion, but they just handle themselves differently (and, in typical French fashion, when you confront them, they back down).

I've relayed this story before, but at the last home game against Montreal last season, where the Rock had like 10,000 Habs fans in it, the row from Montreal in front of us started crap all night and gave teh Hitler salute when they showed the returning US soldier of the game on the scoreboard. When that happened, all hell broke loose between them and the four of us sitting behind them. They kept claiming they didn't understand English, although they were speaking it all night, and said they were stretching. Eventually, Security calmed the situation down. Unfortunately, this was not an isolated incident as I've heard from many people that this kind of stuff happened all over the arena that night.
Posted Image

#84 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:58 AM

I have to disagree. They are some of the most disrespectful people I've ever encountered. They sh!t on our national anthem and country every chance they get. Their self-entitled attitude has no basis in reality and is out of control. They are just as bad as Rags and Flyers fans in my opinion, but they just handle themselves differently (and, in typical French fashion, when you confront them, they back down).

I've relayed this story before, but at the last home game against Montreal last season, where the Rock had like 10,000 Habs fans in it, the row from Montreal in front of us started crap all night and gave teh Hitler salute when they showed the returning US soldier of the game on the scoreboard. When that happened, all hell broke loose between them and the four of us sitting behind them. They kept claiming they didn't understand English, although they were speaking it all night, and said they were stretching. Eventually, Security calmed the situation down. Unfortunately, this was not an isolated incident as I've heard from many people that this kind of stuff happened all over the arena that night.

This sounds about right with them based off of what I have seen at the Rock.

Also for some reason the Devils are declaring tomorrow night's game at the Rock a college night with $50 lowers and $25 uppers. This is at least according to the email the Devils sent me. I find this odd as this seems to be a pretty full game and even the inventory for this game on stubhub is pretty low.

#85 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:54 PM

i was reading another discussion on the matter http://www.goaliesto...anger-fans.html
Posted Image

#86 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:45 PM

Yawn.

#87 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:58 PM

hah cool story bro

Posted Image

Edited by lazer, 27 December 2011 - 09:23 PM.

Posted Image

#88 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:25 PM

If this topic interests anyone, there's been a LOT of great threads on the same subject on this site in the past. It's just a matter of finding them through search.

#89 daneyko_booster

daneyko_booster

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

I love it when the Rock is filled with Rangers fans. The atmosphere is way more exciting when you have competing chants and fans taunting each other after every goal and cracking jokes back and forth. When it's all fans of the same team in the building, it's not as much fun. It's the same thing when I go to see Yankees games against Boston. The fans screaming at each other and getting into fights makes the games hilarious.
Official Keeper of Ken Daneyko's missing teeth, Jeff Friesen's moustache, Shanahan's Pub in the CAA concourse (only place you could buy Guinness). Unofficial Keeper of Wayne Gretzky's perm.

#90 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:06 PM

This. I've been at games where I felt like an a$$hole because I'm the only person in my section cheering. It finally gets loud after goals. The Supporters Section was a great idea to get Devs fans together to keep the building loud and positive, no matter what. Too bad the team sh!tcanned that, but that's a discussion for a different thread.

Same here. I've been at games before were other Devils fans were telling me to relax. Like ..na, sorry, fvck you. I paid for these seats and I'm die hard. I will cheer as loud as I want. I respect the kids that are around. I don't curse but I'm definitely cheering very, very loudly..trying to pump other people up and they just don't get it and thats why the Rock is soft like a beach ball.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#91 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:08 PM

Wow. This makes me want to go to a Devils Habs game SO badly right now. Those scumbags.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#92 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

Same here. I've been at games before were other Devils fans were telling me to relax. Like ..na, sorry, fvck you. I paid for these seats and I'm die hard. I will cheer as loud as I want. I respect the kids that are around. I don't curse but I'm definitely cheering very, very loudly..trying to pump other people up and they just don't get it and thats why the Rock is soft like a beach ball.

I tend to be overall somewhat quiet at games, but will participate in most of the cheers at the rock. When someone like you who is cheering and trying to get the section into it, I actually kinda admire it and usually try to join in as long as it is not overly obnoxious.

#93 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:23 PM

I just don't get why some of our fans sit on their hands?!

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#94 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:26 PM

Wow. This makes me want to go to a Devils Habs game SO badly right now. Those scumbags.

Yeah they are pretty bad. They are now up there with the Rags and Philly fans IMO.

#95 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,943 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

I tend to be overall somewhat quiet at games, but will participate in most of the cheers at the rock. When someone like you who is cheering and trying to get the section into it, I actually kinda admire it and usually try to join in as long as it is not overly obnoxious.

A couple of games ago there was this drunk gasbag behind me that was annoying me and I wanted nothing to do with him...but when he tried to start the Devil chant I was like 'great, finally the first intelligent thing he's doing all night' - but then he screwed that up by going 'Give me an D...give me an E...give me an V...give me an L...give me an S'. Yes he forgot the I...that tells you the guy's in the bag :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#96 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:38 PM

A couple of games ago there was this drunk gasbag behind me that was annoying me and I wanted nothing to do with him...but when he tried to start the Devil chant I was like 'great, finally the first intelligent thing he's doing all night' - but then he screwed that up by going 'Give me an D...give me an E...give me an V...give me an L...give me an S'. Yes he forgot the I...that tells you the guy's in the bag :P

Haha well when they are drunk then I do not bother joining in on them as it usually only makes things worse.

#97 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:57 PM

i remember as a kid at the continental and the other team gets hit and goes down, obvious dive, not a stevens hit more like a hide your face and wait it out for the whistle, the guy was on the ice for like 10 seconds and im the only kid screaming "get the fvck up" i swear he could hear me and this guy in front of me is reading the courier.
Posted Image

#98 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

If you will it, it is no dream.

#99 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:33 PM

Tonight's game was a sellout. Now every seat wasn"t filled but sold out. Wanna know the dumba** that buy lower level expensive seats and choose not to show up.

#100 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:34 PM

Tonight's game was a sellout. Now every seat wasn"t filled but sold out. Wanna know the dumba** that buy lower level expensive seats and choose not to show up.

Our "fans"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users