Just imagine a sold out rock full of devils fans

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#101 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:38 PM

Our "fans"

Okay, my mistake, I want to know who of our fans outta their right mind buy lower-level seats(the expensive ones) and choose not to show up.

Edited by BelieveinBrodeur, 28 December 2011 - 10:38 PM.

#102 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:52 PM

Tonight's game was a sellout. Now every seat wasn"t filled but sold out. Wanna know the dumba** that buy lower level expensive seats and choose not to show up.

those club seats are never sold. they are stupid expensive. however, the mezzanine and upper deck were completely packed.

#103 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:45 PM

I was at the Devils vs Flyers game in Philly and they had far more empty seats for their "sellout" which they don't even need to fake since they sellout all the time anyway
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#104 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:48 PM

This is cool. The Devils have played 35 games, but only 15 at home. Ten of their next 15 games are at home.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#105 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:51 PM

Tonight's game was a sellout. Now every seat wasn"t filled but sold out. Wanna know the dumba** that buy lower level expensive seats and choose not to show up.

They're in the Fire & Ice bars stuffing thier faces. That's the problem. The people who are supposed to sit in the seats, don't. The renovated MSG is going through the same thing now. You'll see seats empty when they should have bodies in them.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#106 trailblazer

trailblazer

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:24 AM

They're in the Fire & Ice bars stuffing thier faces. That's the problem. The people who are supposed to sit in the seats, don't. The renovated MSG is going through the same thing now. You'll see seats empty when they should have bodies in them.

correct, all new sports stadiums have this issue now.
the game is almost secondary with all the other places to hang out.
few things i notice at the Rock.
1. people go into Acela Club/Goal Bar and sit at the bar all game. Obviously their seat isn't filled but they are in the building.
2. I always see people in Fire/Ice Lounge sit at the tables when you first walk in and not watch 1 minute of live game action.
3. Recently noticed people at the "Digital Zone" and on the iPad while the game is on.

#107 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:49 AM

Glad MSG will look the same. Now those classless fvcks can see that it isnt a lack of fans, its the other places to watch the game from.

Oh, enjoy the rat turds Ranger fans.
Posted Image Posted Image

#108 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

Maybe they should close the lounges sometime during the game and force them back to their seats. Or just make a small portion of the black seats have access to them.

#109 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,870 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:49 AM

Maybe they should close the lounges sometime during the game and force them back to their seats. Or just make a small portion of the black seats have access to them.

Then there would be no justification for their high prices. No one buys the seats there for the view or because the seats themselves are more comfortable. I bet at least 90% of the people buy the seats there because of the perks like access to the lounges, free food and soft drinks and private bathroom. If you close the lounges during the game you take that away.

#110 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:19 AM

My firm has 2 season tickets in the club sections (ice lounge side). I've taken clients to numerous games, and am always amazed at how many people are sitting at the tables and on the couches in the middle of the second period, rather than their seats. To be honest, the club seats were meant to be purchased by corporations to use for client entertainment, as evidenced by the excessive ticket prices, and the game actually is secondary for those people.

Also, there are always a number of people standing behind the last row of seats and watching the game, rather than sitting in their seats. Same is true for Yankees and Giants games now. As a prior poster already said, it's a problem with stadiums in general nowadays based upon the number of amenities and how they are designed.
Posted Image

#111 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:55 AM

They didn't cancel it , but they made it exclusive to season ticket holders only.

Really? That was a mistake. Again, I sat there once, could not enjoy the game, as I tend more to appreciate the nuances and study the game and cheer only when something good happens. But again, the section is the only thing that could rally the crowd to make each game more of an event. I love BAUMAN for this during game.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#112 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,870 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:06 PM

Really? That was a mistake. Again, I sat there once, could not enjoy the game, as I tend more to appreciate the nuances and study the game and cheer only when something good happens. But again, the section is the only thing that could rally the crowd to make each game more of an event. I love BAUMAN for this during game.

What is up with Bauman? I heard different stories on why he doesn't go to games anymore ranging from financial issues to him not liking the new arena to him just not wanting to do it anymore.

#113 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:11 AM

Tonight's game was a sellout..

..yeah, and so was tonight's.
In fact, 4 of our last 5 have been sellouts. Not-to-mention an average of 16,000 over the last 10 home games.

..this thread is a joke.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#114 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

People tend to get bent out of shape over things that go on early in the season. Happens all the time.
Unfortunately, these types of stories tend to take on a life of their own and they become "the storyline". That way, they're still being talked about at this time of year, causing distractions.

#115 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

will be going to 5 home games in March, with a friend, so will be doing my part to fill up the Rock!

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#116 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,870 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

..yeah, and so was tonight's.
In fact, 4 of our last 5 have been sellouts. Not-to-mention an average of 16,000 over the last 10 home games.

..this thread is a joke.

Games between Christmas and new years always sell well due to people being off from work and school.

Also add in a caps game with ovechkin, a rags game that always sell well and niedermayer night I think the last 10 games are more the exception than the norm. To me the only stat that is important is the average over the entire season. You can bet the devils will be again in the bottom 1/3 of the league.

Edited by DevsMan84, 01 January 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#117 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

Games between Christmas and new years always sell well due to people being off from work and school.

Also add in a caps game with ovechkin, a rags game that always sell well and niedermayer night I think the last 10 games are more the exception than the norm. To me the only stat that is important is the average over the entire season. You can bet the devils will be again in the bottom 1/3 of the league.

if the devils sold out every game they'd still be bottom 1/2 of the league.

#118 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,870 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:52 PM

if the devils sold out every game they'd still be bottom 1/2 of the league.

I'm talking about average attendance based on % of the building full. They are usually in the mid to upper 80's which puts them in the bottom 10 and with an arena like the prudential center which has a capacity that is relatively small it makes the issue much worse.

#119 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

I'm talking about average attendance based on % of the building full. They are usually in the mid to upper 80's which puts them in the bottom 10 and with an arena like the prudential center which has a capacity that is relatively small it makes the issue much worse.

http://www.andrewsst..._90/118-2008-09

check out this link. look at the devils attendance from 94-95 to 98-99. they won 2 cups since then and attendance has gone down. please explain that one. 17,321 in 97-98 was 7th in the league!!!!!

#120 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:04 PM

one of the things that's always bugged me, even more than attendance, is "fans" who seem to actually hate the team.
Not that I think you really hate the team, it's just... my impression is that it's kinda "cool" to be negative about the team that you're a fan of. It's like a meme or something, and it's certainly not limited to the Devils (it just seems more widespread among the Devils fan base, to me. That's probably just selection bias on my part, but so be it). If you read, and put any stock into, blogs and comments online it'd be easy to believe that the Devils are in worse shape than the Blue Jackets or the Ducks!

I don't know, sorry for bringing this up. I'm not looking to put you down or anything. Sometimes the negativity just grates, I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users