84 replies to this topic

#1 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

So i'd guess with the WJC starting today that we'll have bunch of stuff to talk about since we have a few prospects playing

hopefully Wedgewood get the star eventually with Canada and that Merrill is having a good tournament

www.SterioDesign.com

#2 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

Looks like the games are going to be on NHL Network if anyone wants to watch. Canada is currently leading Finland 3-1 a few minutes into the 2nd.

I'm still hoping Visentin doesn't play well so Wedgewood can steal the starting job. Also look forward to watching Merrill at 8 tonight when the US takes on Denmark.

Schedule Here

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#3 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:59 PM

Sweden will stomp everyone.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#4 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:35 PM

I'm still hoping Visentin doesn't play well so Wedgewood can steal the starting job.

Visentin is a non-factor so far since Canada is dominating that game as usual... heard they would split the games for their goalies though...

www.SterioDesign.com

#5 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,094 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:44 PM

Visentin is a non-factor so far since Canada is dominating that game as usual... heard they would split the games for their goalies though...

I hope so. I want to see what Wedgewood can do for himself. He sounded pretty calm about the whole experience.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#6 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,080 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

I want to see what Wedgewood can do too. Hoping he plays the next game for Canada, but I'm looking forward to seeing how Merril looks after such a long time between game action.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#7 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:27 PM

https://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie

"Nothing official just yet but I'm hearing Devante Smith-Pelly's X-rays showed a fracture and he's likely out of #2012WJC. Stay tuned. #TSN"

Bad news for Canada...also some bad news for Finland:

"FIN also lost a player -- defenceman Olli Maata, a likely first rounder in 2012 NHL draft from London Knights, suffered apparent concussion."

Edited by thefiestygoat, 26 December 2011 - 07:28 PM.

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#8 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,080 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:11 AM

Merril had an assist last night- anyone see any of the game? Was wondering how he looked.

#9 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:54 PM

Merril had an assist last night- anyone see any of the game? Was wondering how he looked.

OK. Just OK really. The whole team looked choppy. They were really forcing the puck alot. Merril threw it away a couple of times. Good skater with a shot and thats what I hope he brings to NJ. Needs work, no doubt.

Campbell looked weak on the 2nd Denmark goal.

I hope the US plasters Canada. All game it was 'lets go denmark'. i cant wait till we demolish them :D

OK. Just OK really. The whole team looked choppy. They were really forcing the puck alot. Merril threw it away a couple of times. Good skater with a shot and thats what I hope he brings to NJ. Needs work, no doubt.

Campbell looked weak on the 2nd Denmark goal.

I hope the US plasters Canada. All game it was 'lets go denmark'. i cant wait till we demolish them :D

#10 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,080 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

Cool thanks. Yeah, I figured he'd be rusty seeing as he hasn't played a game since last spring. Hope the US can clean it up a bit before they have to take the step up in competition to the Canadas of the world.

#11 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

huge blow for Canada to lose Smith-Pelley, its gonna hurt

www.SterioDesign.com

#12 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...ost.htm?id=5121

Wedgewood gets start for Canada vs. Czech Rep.

#13 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:01 PM

Finland 4 - USA 1, yikes... they should have went with Gordon Bombay behind the bench

www.SterioDesign.com

#14 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:07 PM

The Finnish goalie played well, the US was getting shots but couldn't finish. They also seemed to be passing up chances a bit too much but that's nitpicking. I don't think you can blame Gibson solely for the US collapse in the 3rd but the penalty he took when they got the PP and had all the moment was a huge turning point. Merrill didn't do much of note (the 3rd Finnish goal deflected off of him though) but overall I thought he was steady. Skates well and seems to see the ice well.

DVR-ing the Canada game tonight to watch Wedgewood.

#15 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,584 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

The Finnish goalie played well, the US was getting shots but couldn't finish. They also seemed to be passing up chances a bit too much but that's nitpicking. I don't think you can blame Gibson solely for the US collapse in the 3rd but the penalty he took when they got the PP and had all the moment was a huge turning point. Merrill didn't do much of note (the 3rd Finnish goal deflected off of him though) but overall I thought he was steady. Skates well and seems to see the ice well.

DVR-ing the Canada game tonight to watch Wedgewood.

The US could've won that game, but good lord do I hate their team plan. When they cross the blueline they are looking to shoot. If the shot's not there, try to make a move so that one is there. Whatever you do, DON'T PASS THE PUCK TO A TEAMMATE, he is probably not as good of a shooter as you!

It's upsetting that the apotheosis of American hockey right now is Zach Parise. Parise is a great player obviously, but that's basically the ceiling for this style of play.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#16 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

Flipped to the Canada game during the commercial break just in time to see Wedgewood make a beautiful Brodeur-esque pass to set up the 2nd Canadian goal. Love it when goalies get assist!

#17 njdevs89

njdevs89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:34 PM

Wedgewood looked solid tonight. Got the shutout and an assist. Wasn't tested too too much, but made the big saves when he had to and looked calm and collective in the crease. Look for him to play against USA new years eve.

#18 Dadds

Dadds

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:25 AM

GO WEDGEWOOD GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Dadds, 29 December 2011 - 12:25 AM.

"I think I'm going to become a Devils fan so they start never winning again." A sad flyers fan

"**** this. NJ might as well be allowed to build a brick wall in front of the net and let Marty sit on the bench. Would be no difference" A sad penguins fan

#19 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:59 AM

Wedgewood's Post Game Interview

#20 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:21 AM

it was so awesome the the crowd was chanting "Wedgewood" after the game... Visentin must have felt like sh!t really lol

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users