• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,785 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:21 PM

2SterioDesign
Visentin is a starter tonight?

yeah its Visentin...

its still gonna be a blood bath already 2-0

Edited by SterioDesign, 29 December 2011 - 08:21 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#25 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

Visentin starting tonight is a good sign Wedgewood is getting the USA game. If he plays well in that then I think he's got the job.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#26 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:49 PM

A lot of Jon Merrill updates from the USA-Czech game:

1st Period
Merrill won't get an assist but he made a nice first pass through the neutral zone on the PP that lead to the first US goal. 1-0 USA

Merrill was on the ice for the Czech goal. Got stuck playing a 2 on 1 and was taking away the pass. Not a whole lot he could've done. 1-1

2nd Period
Merrill gets an assist on the 2nd US PP goal. He set up Zucker on the boards who fed a quick pass to Arnold for the goal. I like his offensive instincts. 2-1 USA

The Czech's keep answering back. Merrill's outlet pass was stolen and Hertl came in for an easy goal. 2-2

Merrill takes a bad tripping penalty to negate the US PP. Been an up and down day for him so far.

3rd Period
Miller had a huge hit on a Czech player that Merrill was covering from behind the goal line. Shortly after Archibald gets sprung for a break away, gets taken down, and then stopped on the penalty shot. Mrazek celebrated a ton after it (channeling his inner Francisco Cervelli) which seemed to rub the American bench the wrong way. Just like he did the other night against Canada.

Edited by thefiestygoat, 30 December 2011 - 05:35 PM.

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#27 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:40 PM

I've been updating my earlier post with tidbits on Merrill and the game so I don't clog this thread, but this is worthy of a new post. The Czech's just took a 3-2 lead with 7 minutes and change left in the game. The US is in serious trouble of advancing if they lose this in regulation.

#28 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,785 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:47 PM

jesus christ... USA really sucks this year lol kinda disappointed i was expecting a good game tomorrow... but Canada is going to destroy them so bad

Edited by SterioDesign, 30 December 2011 - 05:48 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#29 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:47 PM

Game Over, Man! Hopefully the Czech win will get Sykora and Elias pumped.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#30 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:50 PM

That goal seals it. What an upset. Mrazek owned the US team. We'll see what the final shot totals look like but with 2 minutes and change to go it is 53-26 US. Just an insane performance by Mrazek.

Looks like the US will be heading to the relegation round.

Holy sh!t, Mrazek almost got himself a goal to go along with his performance!

#31 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,785 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

Mrazek is hilarious hahahaha look at him go

www.SterioDesign.com

#32 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:58 PM

Shots 54-29 USA, they couldn't beat Mrazek. Off to the relegation round, really disappointing tournament. I expect Canada to crush them tomorrow.

Merrill had a real up and down day. Bad giveaway that lead to the 2nd Czech goal but also was a big part of setting up the 2 US goals.

#33 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:09 PM

Mrazek was like a brick wall. US couldn'tt get anything through him, especially in the 3rd. Not expecting a lot in the US-Canada game tomorrow, I hope I'm wrong.

#34 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

Ugh, that was embarrassing. I don't even know if it'll be worth it to watch the Canada v. US game, it might get ugly... I was expecting a lot more from the US, but they just looked lost for most of this game. They seemed to get down on themselves after not being able to capitalize on their 3 million PP chances. They also were not nearly physical enough in all of their games. Canada has been beating other teams into submission and it's worked very well in keeping the opposing teams in check, but the US, at least their forwards almost never hit anyone in all 3 games.

#35 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

US loses. Again.

What is even more disappointing than the loss today is the amount of attention this thread, aka the whole tournament, is getting by some people here. People gotta know that there is hockey outside of the NHL.

Does anyone know how Merril played? Apparently only Miller played with heart and Campbell wasn't playing great.

Edited by Mayday, 31 December 2011 - 12:19 AM.

#36 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

meh... I love hockey and all, but I'll stick with the NHL. The national teams, international play, and foreign leagues just don't really grab me. Sorry.
Call me provincial if you'd like, I don't mind (especially since I've actually traveled the world). Stuff outside of the NHL is just too... minor league, I guess. I'm not sure how to describe it.

Of course, if the US team ends up with a chance to win the gold, and they actually get some (non-premium cable) television time, I'll gladly jump on the bandwagon. Otherwise... just can't be bothered, I guess.

#37 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:38 AM

I love international hockey even more than the pros because the players are playing for their countries, not for whatever team owner is paying them. "Team USA" really means something whereas "New Jersey Devils" is really just a business.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#38 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:02 PM

Wedgewood getting the start against USA tonight. Hopefully he does well and takes the starting role from here!

#39 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

lets go usa.

i dont expect a win (i would like one) but please dont get blown out. i can just feel the mockery that will come on HF if canada blows the us out. hard fought thats all we need. lets go!!!

#40 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:09 PM

USA has nothing to lose--have to play for pride. Campbell needs to play his best game tonight. Go USA!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users