16 replies to this topic

#1 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

So if anyone noticed, the new NHL tonight premiered last night on the rebranding of the network.

However, did anyone else get a little wobbly from the flying in graphics on every part of the show. I'm usually good with that stuff, but all the spinning graphics made it difficult to watch.

Anyone, bueheler?

#2 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:58 AM

So if anyone noticed, the new NHL tonight premiered last night on the rebranding of the network.

However, did anyone else get a little wobbly from the flying in graphics on every part of the show. I'm usually good with that stuff, but all the spinning graphics made it difficult to watch.

Anyone, bueheler?

Didnt see it but sounds like they're trying to be like every other major american network with the A.D.D. , 'look at how we are desperately trying to show you how hip, cool, tech-savy we are!' presentation. I cant even look at the Weather Channel anymore without asking what the hell is going on here lol. Rant over.

The NHL Network setup was just fine before.

Edited by devlman, 27 December 2011 - 11:59 AM.

#3 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:14 PM

I think all they did was change the network's logo to a big "NHL" on top of the shield, and the 10 PM highlight show is now called NHL Tonight instead of NHL On the Fly. On the Fly still airs beforehand, but as far as I can tell, it's pretty much the same. I didn't really notice much about new graphics though.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#4 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:30 PM

To be honest, I don't really get the point of the "re-branding."

NHL Tonight is the same as On the Fly, just a new logo. I liked the network the way it was before.

#5 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:35 PM

To be honest, I don't really get the point of the "re-branding."

NHL Tonight is the same as On the Fly, just a new logo. I liked the network the way it was before.

Yea it's no big deal, they didn't really make any big changes. It was fine before and it's fine now.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#6 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:36 PM

instead of rebranding, they should focus more on their programming. when the season was over, it did not make sense to replay the stanley cup playoffs the whole time. i would love to see them air documentaries, original shows, vintage games/all star games, or even stanley cup videos of other teams

#7 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:53 PM

Agreed, grc...; the 24 hours of non-stop playoff games was a waste. I pray they don't do that again next year. In Canada, they only saw a new game once per night, with a few scattered repeats, otherwise, they had regular programming, (different shows, top 10's, classic games, etc.).
And I want them to return to showing all the goals with the pbp announcers as their called.

#8 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:04 PM

I get re-branding as a concept but I don't really see why it's necessary for a niche channel like NHL Network...it seems like only NHL/hockey fans would watch NHL Network to begin with so I don't see the point of pouring money into it. Getting more on NBC or Versus would be my priority. But I guess they'll do what they do...but you can tell by the lack of variety of the commercials that they really lack sponsors...

#9 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:53 PM

I think all they did was change the network's logo to a big "NHL" on top of the shield, and the 10 PM highlight show is now called NHL Tonight instead of NHL On the Fly. On the Fly still airs beforehand, but as far as I can tell, it's pretty much the same. I didn't really notice much about new graphics though.

This post sums it up to a T

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#10 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:58 PM

I wish they would show more AHL games and not the usual AHL games from Toronto and Hamilton.
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#11 swampdevil

swampdevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:05 AM

I like the show , and the host....whatshername ?
NEW JERSEY, The most american of all states.It has everything from wilderness to the mafia.All the great things and all the worst.For example..............Route 22. - Jean Shepard : 1970 Newark Sunday news

#12 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

I like the show , and the host....whatshername ?

Kathryn Tappen

shes Jay Leach's wife... yeah
POTATO!!!

#13 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

Kathryn Tappen

that i didn't know. i appreciated the tight shirt she wore the other night. that was certainly a plus.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#14 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:59 PM

She actually knows a lot about the game, I've been watching the last few nights-not that bad.

The only thing is, this show suffers A LOT when the NHL has those 2 or 3 game nights, there's not a lot to discuss in that long period of time-things repeat a lot.

#15 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

She actually knows a lot about the game, I've been watching the last few nights-not that bad.

The only thing is, this show suffers A LOT when the NHL has those 2 or 3 game nights, there's not a lot to discuss in that long period of time-things repeat a lot.

yeah, she is very knowledgable (and nice to look at as well)
Turco just seems either stupid or nervous everytime he is on, but he knows his stuff, just cant seem to articulate his thoughts correctly over TV

but agreed, when theres a few games... the new content lasts max 20 minutes... then i just switch the channel
POTATO!!!

#16 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:49 PM

Kathryn Tappen

She's also a Rutgers alum. :koolaid:
--John Buccigross

#17 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,617 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

I wish they would show more AHL games and not the usual AHL games from Toronto and Hamilton.

Thing is, not too many AHL teams have their games on TV. I think Leafs TV has a few Marlies games, and CBC does a limited package involving the Canadian teams (and any US-based affiliates of Canadian NHL squads). Rogers Sportsnet might do a limited Canadian package as well, but don't quote me on that. As for the States, I think Chicago gets most of their games on TV, and the Rochester and Syracuse divisions of Time Warner Cable produce a handful of Amerks and Crunch games, respectively. Aside from those, there may be the occasional game here and there, but nothing consistent.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users