End of season clean-up....

CRASHER

Well I guess I gotta start with Brian winning... :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

ok....now that I'm done with that :P

Post any and all suggestions, rule changes and whatever in here....

the rosters are LOCKED as of this morning so no shenanigans can be pulled......

things I'd like to put in for next year....

Bonuses for 100 yard rushing/receiving games (+2 points)

Bonus for 350 yards passing (+3)

The before-mentioned rookie draft round (and making any rookie drafted in the rookie round, keep ineligible as well)....and how we would implement the rookie draft order as well

Keeper clean-up.....re: Peyton Manning-type keepers, if a player was drafted and then cut do we want the keeper penalty to be where the guy was drafted REGARDLESS of who drafted the player, or if you grab a cut guy off the waiver wire, does he become a last-round keeper (this is the one the debate will be over)

Any and all ideas to add to next season should be put HERE, and hopefully this thread can stick around for next August to be able to put said rule changes here....

I vote for having keeper values stay at where the player was drafted and only UDFA's being eligible for the 15th round rule, that way add/drops can be more organic and you aren't just hanging on to someone to avoid giving another team a 15th founder.

I'm for the bonuses, but think more in terms of the traditional 100/300 split (RB and QB) with each being worth 2, along with 100 yards receiving.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I figured 350 on the passing, because with the rules as they are, any fool can throw for 300 yards in any given week.....wanted to make the bonus a little more special rather then a given

Well I guess I gotta start with Brian winning... :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

ok....now that I'm done with that :P

Someone's jealous about not being the only two-time (two-time!) NJDevs Fantasy Football winner. :whistling:

Post any and all suggestions, rule changes and whatever in here....

1. PPR
  2. Small Reward/Penalty (.1 per throw) for a complete/incomplete pass, respectively
  3. -1 pt for missing an extra point
  4. 1 IDP
  5. Ban Zack Ryder-themed team names.

OK, maybe the last two aren't quite serious...

things I'd like to put in for next year....

Bonuses for 100 yard rushing/receiving games (+2 points)

Bonus for 350 yards passing (+3)

Yes.

The before-mentioned rookie draft round (and making any rookie drafted in the rookie round, keep ineligible as well)....and how we would implement the rookie draft order as well

Places 1-6 get order picks 12-7, respectively. Winner of consolation (7th) gets to choose where to pick in the rookie round, most likely first since it's one round separate from the rest. The rest of them pick 12th place to 8th place in that order.

So for the rookie round next year, the picks would be:

1. Masked Maurauders

2. Big Blue

3. Smirking Revenge

4. Wack MC's

5. Sworn Defenders

6. Waiver Wire Whining

7. Long Island Iced Z

8. MantaRavens

9. New Jersey Swamps

10. #OCCUPY MANTA

11. Team Name TBD

12. Stacked with VALUE!!

Any rookie not picked becomes eligible for general consumption and follows general consumption rules.

Keeper clean-up.....re: Peyton Manning-type keepers, if a player was drafted and then cut do we want the keeper penalty to be where the guy was drafted REGARDLESS of who drafted the player, or if you grab a cut guy off the waiver wire, does he become a last-round keeper (this is the one the debate will be over)

They keep their draft position, much like they travel with their keeper status.

1) I can live with 100/350. If I see a QB with under 300 yds, I think he had a bad day now. Especially when you have Brees/Rodgers/Brady throwing for miles it seems.

2) I'm not a fan of the rookie draft. I think the impact is too small if we aren't doing some sort of development plan season by season.

3) I think we should make the rule going forward, that players drafted retain their original round. It avoids issues like Manning completely... and makes it easier to track. I picked up Wayne solely for keeping purposes (but I did play him my last 2 weeks).

PPR bumps the value to #1 receivers, slot receivers, TE and receiving RB's... It changes the draft value around on a lot of players - but overall, it's just an inflation tool for points and depth. I really have no preference as long as I know its PPR before we draft.

Edited by aylbert

Like the 100 receiving/rushing / 350 passing bonuses

ANTI rookie draft B.S. If you want a rookie just draft em like normal where you think you can get him and if he's yer keeper next year, nice nab. (cof Murray)

I'd be ok with the PPR, like aylbert sed, as long as I know ahead of time. (but keeping receiving points at 1pt/10 yds)

I believe any player drafted should retain his draft value for keeper purposes.

What were the clocks for the draft this year? I think those should be dialed back somewhat. I just can't remember what our limits were, but I do recall thinking they could be a little smaller.

What were the clocks for the draft this year? I think those should be dialed back somewhat. I just can't remember what our limits were, but I do recall thinking they could be a little smaller.

Last year's clock was 12 hours with a 6 hour deadzone at night.

The only problem we had with the clock was establishing whether the 6 hour deadzone was localized to the drafter's location or Eastern Standard Time for all parties...and that's really only a problem for Clown AFAIK. 12 hours is a fine amount of time, and typically people picked within 20 mins of being online when they knew they were up.

I like the 350/100 bonus, I'm all for that.

I could go either way on PPR, I think it adds another strategic element to the draft, which could make things more interesting. I like Crasher's idea to balance it out with 15 receiving yards being 1 point.

I'm against the rookie draft. Just because this year's been a bit of an anomaly with productive rookies doesn't mean we should make them the focus of their entire draft, especially if we can't keep them and let them develop for a year or two. If that were the case, I might have a different opinion on it.

the draft clock always evened itself out, more so because we had me, Brian, Laflamme in the same room and LCB on the phone, and you'd end up getting 8 picks in that one sit-down, which shot the average right back to on pace....it was never a worry at all B )

the draft clock always evened itself out, more so because we had me, Brian, Laflamme in the same room and LCB on the phone, and you'd end up getting 8 picks in that one sit-down, which shot the average right back to on pace....it was never a worry at all B )

Again, that sucks.

I'd like to try dropping the draft clock to, at most, 8 hours per pick. Main issue being does anyone in the league really have any trouble checking the site once every 6 hours under normal circumstances? And under other than normal circumstances, there's always contacting the commish &/or ayl with yer pick. And even then it wouldn't be everyday, only when yer turn was getting close.

I think the midnight to 6am layover should be local to the persons timezone.

I'm with ayl and RSC here, I found this extremely annoying. Like it would be if I were to finagle with the people who draft near me to milk the clock and flood the draft with several picks all at once.

I'm with ayl and RSC here, I found this extremely annoying. Like it would be if I were to finagle with the people who draft near me to milk the clock and flood the draft with several picks all at once.

We're not...it's not....we don't sit here and go, let's try to guess who everyone wants in the next two rounds and take them here and screw them all over.....seriously....two of the people come to my house every Monday Night, the 3rd gets off work when they get here....it's just timing and LOGIC, it being "annoying" (which Lord knows how you find it so since it moves that half of the draft along FASTER, since you get eight picks in one day as opposed to a scattered pick here, then waiting for Cali to wake up, then 3-4 hours later Brian MAYBE picks...or he says "screw it, it's busy at work it can wait"....and then it gets done at the SAME TIME anyway)

if anything we're OPTIMIZING our use of the clock, if anyone else in the draft knew anyone else personally and did the same I'd have no objection to it either, it really gets MASSIVELY overblown

it really gets MASSIVELY overblown

by you.

It's annoying.

wasn't there a round where you wound up not picking for like over 12 hours for some reason? Since, you know, you were entitled to that time? Were you trying to pull off a trade or something? Or were you just trying to completely F with everyone?

by you.

It's annoying.

wasn't there a round where you wound up not picking for like over 12 hours for some reason? Since, you know, you were entitled to that time? Were you trying to pull off a trade or something? Or were you just trying to completely F with everyone?

How am I overblowing something by asking HOW it's annoying?

And no, if I remember right which is possibly incorrect, it was one of my bookend picks....and between my own work and hockey schedule it was just easier to rip them all out at once....I did have an oddly busy August with working and two hockey leagues....I shall not apologize for having a life during the process either B )

I don't think I've ever made an in-draft trade....I'm not a fan of it for my own but I do like the dynamic......

It's too early in the offseason to argue about the draft :lol:

Especially since for all we know, they might not be picking back to back to back to back this year anyway. It depends how the draft order works out. There's a chance one of them either gets the first pick or gets stuck at the back of the draft order (or both).

Plus at least Laflamme tries to work out trades, so he wasn't totally apart from the draft. Usually VALUE does too, though I think he was pretty quiet on that front this year. The other two aren't going to trade anyway :P

It's a forum draft. Not a live draft - but I wouldnt mind a bar draft ;) But still, part of the forum fun is checking in to see the picks. That fun disapears when there is a lull and then 6-8 picks at once.

I'd rather have a much shorter clock with irrversersable auto-picks than what we had this past year. but I really don't want that. I just want a straight forward draft where we see double picks at the front and end... and your normal flow inbetween. That really isn't much to ask for I don't think.

<chant>BAR DRAFT! BAR DRAFT! BAR DRAFT!</chant> have car, will travel :)

As always it was an enjoyable season.

Its good to put this out on the table early while its is still top of mind to debate and establish for next year.

Thanks Crasher for taking the initiative.

As far as a live draft (which we do for the Hockey League), I am for it. I don't think its possible geographically to get everyone at one physical spot Ayl.

Personally I enjoy the forum draft...but if we did make it a live draft, I know three of us are basically in The Rock's shadow and as of right now one is just not going to be available (Clown). I don't know where everyone else lives, but I know I've seen Hasan at The Rock for games so he can't be too far from it.

I live a ways away from the Rock (half hour) but do have seasons and usually in 120 though I managed to stow away in the lower level last Saturday.

I do like the forum draft very much, even with the drama that always crops up. Plus as I was reminded about in the hockey league, with a live draft there's always the possibility your season's over on draft day if you can't make the live draft or have computer issues...

I live a ways away from the Rock (half hour) but do have seasons and usually in 120 though I managed to stow away in the lower level last Saturday.

I do like the forum draft very much, even with the drama that always crops up. Plus as I was reminded about in the hockey league, with a live draft there's always the possibility your season's over on draft day if you can't make the live draft or have computer issues...

Any roto fantasy sport, the bolded is true. But H2H football it's possible to miss the draft and win if you set your preferences / send in an absentee draft order ahead of time. In the league I run, our second place team this year was not at our draft. The draft-pick-trading would disappear though, which I like as part of the chaos of this league.

I most likely wouldn't be able to go to a live draft at a bar since I'll either be staying in Carolina this summer taking classes or studying abroad, so I'd obviously prefer we keep the draft as it currently stands.

Edited by RSC