#21 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:10 AM

As always it was an enjoyable season.

Its good to put this out on the table early while its is still top of mind to debate and establish for next year.
Thanks Crasher for taking the initiative.

As far as a live draft (which we do for the Hockey League), I am for it. I don't think its possible geographically to get everyone at one physical spot Ayl.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#22 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

Personally I enjoy the forum draft...but if we did make it a live draft, I know three of us are basically in The Rock's shadow and as of right now one is just not going to be available (Clown). I don't know where everyone else lives, but I know I've seen Hasan at The Rock for games so he can't be too far from it.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,423 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

I live a ways away from the Rock (half hour) but do have seasons and usually in 120 though I managed to stow away in the lower level last Saturday.

I do like the forum draft very much, even with the drama that always crops up. Plus as I was reminded about in the hockey league, with a live draft there's always the possibility your season's over on draft day if you can't make the live draft or have computer issues...
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

I live a ways away from the Rock (half hour) but do have seasons and usually in 120 though I managed to stow away in the lower level last Saturday.

I do like the forum draft very much, even with the drama that always crops up. Plus as I was reminded about in the hockey league, with a live draft there's always the possibility your season's over on draft day if you can't make the live draft or have computer issues...

Any roto fantasy sport, the bolded is true. But H2H football it's possible to miss the draft and win if you set your preferences / send in an absentee draft order ahead of time. In the league I run, our second place team this year was not at our draft. The draft-pick-trading would disappear though, which I like as part of the chaos of this league.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#25 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:14 PM

I most likely wouldn't be able to go to a live draft at a bar since I'll either be staying in Carolina this summer taking classes or studying abroad, so I'd obviously prefer we keep the draft as it currently stands.

Edited by RSC, 05 January 2012 - 02:14 PM.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#26 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:18 PM

This would be "just another draft" without all the quirks, holdups, drama and panic buttons it gets from being on a two week timer....I'd fight that to the end to keep it on the forum!!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#27 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

This would be "just another draft" without all the quirks, holdups, drama and panic buttons it gets from being on a two week timer....I'd fight that to the end to keep it on the forum!!

I enjoy the forum draft as well. Power outages aside.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#28 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

A-ha! Exactly! Keep it on the forum and NOT in your WWE den of corruption!! Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#29 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

Im against a PPR league, because Im already in one and i want variation in my 2 Leagues :P

Even though Value was joking, an IDP league would be cool.

On principal i'm going to name my team after both The Miz AND Zack Ryder this year just to spite him :P

Im on the fence about ROokie round, I dont care either way.

About keepers, I was already under the assumption it was the round they were drafted, so thats my opinion on that.

Im against bonuses (at least at 100 yards rushing...SO many people get that on a weekly basis. If theres going ot be a bonus make it 150 for both rushing and reciving)

Edited by VivaLaFlamme, 06 January 2012 - 10:48 PM.

#30 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

(at least at 100 yards rushing...SO many people get that on a weekly basis)

Just a fun fact on this....19 WR's went over 1,000 yards receiving..... 14 RB's went over 1,000 yards rushing, only ONE RB went over 1,600 yards (barely) who is the only one who averaged said 100 yards a week B )

Calvin Johnson averaged 105 yards a game..... Victor Cruz and Wes Welker were in the high 90s a game....maybe you should be worried about 100 yard WRs :lol:

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#31 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

Side note: just finished watching Season two of "The League" on Netflix streaming. A must watch for fantasy football league participants.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#32 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:40 AM

Side note: just finished watching Season two of "The League" on Netflix streaming. A must watch for fantasy football league participants.

Season 3 was alright... the fantasy talk makes slightly more sense, but I felt like it lost steam near the end.
I was joking about a live in-person draft.

I like the distinct pace of our draft, sans the offline draft portion where you see nothing for a day, and then have 8 picks unloaded at the same time.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#33 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

Fantasy Football is open on yahoo, oh my :D
Is it August yet?

Edited by aylbert, 13 June 2012 - 01:37 PM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#34 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

Fantasy Football is open on yahoo, oh my :D
Is it August yet?

Geesh.....I'm just barely STARTING to turn to football now....though I've been watching the NFL Network all morning for the last two weeks....I'll have to re-activate the league again soon....

CMON PRE-DRAFT DRAMA!!

#35 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

Can we start arguing yet?

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#36 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

Did we ever truly stop arguing? :o

#37 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:24 PM

Did we ever truly stop arguing? :o

yeah, when I avoid you guys at home for a week :P

#38 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

Here's an argument. Manning, the 15th round keeper... I'm more likely to roll the dice now.
It's gonna be an epic draft year.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#39 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

Here's an argument. Manning, the 15th round keeper... I'm more likely to roll the dice now.
It's gonna be an epic draft year.

yup.
Brady rule should apply. Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#40 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

yup.
Brady rule should apply. Posted Image

I asked for that beforehand, and was told no; even after protest. It would have been very simple to call it as such in the moment.

Now? Let's rumble.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users