Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:52 AM

i wonder if parise stay and resign
but money situation
next year were awful - we will need to resign adam, jj, mattias, zubrus, elias, david, tao and fayne will have new contract by the time
it will be such a big problem

Next year? Only Tao and Fayne need new contracts. The rest expire in 2013.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#42 Guadana

Guadana

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:05 AM

sorry
i mean after next season
after this - we need to make a desicion about salvador, foster, sykora(his prise will be up) and goalies
but after next year situation is more dangerous(imho)

Edited by Guadana, 29 December 2011 - 03:09 AM.

best jersey - jersey without surnames - only with numbers

#43 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,110 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:47 AM

sorry
i mean after next season
after this - we need to make a desicion about salvador, foster, sykora(his prise will be up) and goalies
but after next year situation is more dangerous(imho)

Sykora won't sign with us next year and I doubt Lou will make him an offer.

#44 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

Sykora is giving us much better than expected play. The question really is, can he keep it up throughout the 2nd half of the year? His chemistry with Elias is undeniable, and it seems like they instinctively know where each other is going to be on the ice at all time.

If he keeps it up, and can pot 20+ goals this year, then I can see him playing here 1 more season before calling it a career (especially if he is willing to re-sign for around $750K).
Posted Image

#45 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:01 PM

Sykora is giving us much better than expected play. The question really is, can he keep it up throughout the 2nd half of the year? His chemistry with Elias is undeniable, and it seems like they instinctively know where each other is going to be on the ice at all time.

If he keeps it up, and can pot 20+ goals this year, then I can see him playing here 1 more season before calling it a career (especially if he is willing to re-sign for around $750K).

Anyone can play with Elias, he is the only player on the Devils who can make wingers better than they really are.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#46 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

Many out of towners just can't wait to see Parise as a UFA... it's a bit of a hype machine. It sells newspapers (or magazines). I'm sure that it's 99% hype, though. Parise did sign a 1 year contract with the Devs, after all. From Lou's side, there's a new CBA coming this summer. Granted, the 1 year deal actually gets Parise to the UFA point, but... remember, the team was struggling to deal with it's cap issues this last summer. Lou wasn't in a position to give Zach the kind of contract that he deserves. Parise has said repeatedly that he wants to stay, and sure I wouldn't expect a player to burn his bridges before a contract negotiation, but the body language that he has when interviewed about it is telling. If he was less optimistic, or even eager, to make a point of saying that he wants to stay then I'd be more worried.

That being said, of course there's some worry about loosing him. It'd be silly to completely ignore the possibility that he'll end up walking at the end of the season. I just refuse fly into histrionics about it, is all.

#47 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:39 PM

Many out of towners just can't wait to see Parise as a UFA... it's a bit of a hype machine. It sells newspapers (or magazines). I'm sure that it's 99% hype, though. Parise did sign a 1 year contract with the Devs, after all. From Lou's side, there's a new CBA coming this summer. Granted, the 1 year deal actually gets Parise to the UFA point, but... remember, the team was struggling to deal with it's cap issues this last summer. Lou wasn't in a position to give Zach the kind of contract that he deserves. Parise has said repeatedly that he wants to stay, and sure I wouldn't expect a player to burn his bridges before a contract negotiation, but the body language that he has when interviewed about it is telling. If he was less optimistic, or even eager, to make a point of saying that he wants to stay then I'd be more worried.

That being said, of course there's some worry about loosing him. It'd be silly to completely ignore the possibility that he'll end up walking at the end of the season. I just refuse fly into histrionics about it, is all.

LOSING, it's LOSING not LOOSING. No such word as LOOSING. The inflectional ending of -ing in Loose is LOOSENING, but what you wnat is LOSING not LOOSING. Don't take it personal. I'm just sick of people using the made up word "LOOSING".

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#48 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,909 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

LOSING, it's LOSING not LOOSING. No such word as LOOSING. The inflectional ending of -ing in Loose is LOOSENING, but what you wnat is LOSING not LOOSING. Don't take it personal. I'm just sick of people using the made up word "LOOSING".

Good point man, but don't loose your cool!! :P
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#49 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:48 PM

it's "loosing" if I want it to be! :P

:hijack:

#50 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

damn we're there... tomorrow is the day... obviously its not gonna be the day knowing Lou but certainly hope its gonna get done

www.SterioDesign.com

#51 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:23 PM

Did anybody hear the Parise interview on the radio after the game? He didn't seem to thrilled about being asked about the contract situation. He even told Matt Loughlin to not bring it up.

#52 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,552 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:28 PM

Did anybody hear the Parise interview on the radio after the game? He didn't seem to thrilled about being asked about the contract situation. He even told Matt Loughlin to not bring it up.

Yeah, I caught that...can't blame him, really...I'm sure he's getting sick of it. I understand what he's basically saying...when we have something to announce, we'll announce it.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#53 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:52 PM

If he wants the contract questions to stop, all he has to do is sign a new one this week.... :whistling:
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users