58 replies to this topic

#21 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

Ya, Devils can talk to Parise and his agent since he is under contract with/property of the Devils.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#22 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

there... now i can be fvcking worried in peace

www.SterioDesign.com

#23 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:57 PM

humm... that's not what I remember reading. But, I'm not an agent or anything, so what do I know?

What McKenzie statement were you referring to exactly, in the post that I quoted from above?

#24 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

humm... that's not what I remember reading. But, I'm not an agent or anything, so what do I know?

What McKenzie statement were you referring to exactly, in the post that I quoted from above?

i'm not sure about mckenzie, but TG has reported numerous times that Parise states that there have been no contract discussions since his arbitration hearing.

that being said, TG is Parise's mouthpiece like no other so you can skew that however you'd like.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#25 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

Yea, I think I saw one of their headlines screaming about how unhappy Zach is this season.
Like I said before, I'm just going to wait and see. Not that I'm unworried or anything (I am, a little), it's just not worth the angst and stress to think about it too much.

#26 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

Great article tonight by Rich Chere: Devils' Zach Parise: Money matters, but Cup chances are key to new deal

#27 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:53 PM

im getting so nervous reading those interviews

but i guess its good that our kids are doing great right now it shows zach that there's a good future ahead of us

also has a LW what you look at is who am i gonna play with? im pretty sure Zach feel safe in NJ cause he knows he can easily play with Henrique, Zajac and Elias with no problem.

Edited by SterioDesign, 09 January 2012 - 08:55 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#28 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,099 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:56 PM

We are only a week into the year, but if Lou doesn't make contact before the end of the Allstar break, we can probably consider Zach UFA. And then all bets are off.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#29 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

We are only a week into the year, but if Lou doesn't make contact before the end of the Allstar break, we can probably consider Zach UFA. And then all bets are off.

If he is walking, we better get something in return in the least. Of all people we can not jsut let ZP walk out the door and say "Well thanks for everything good luck!"

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#30 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

i'd like to think that most teams ahead of us in term of contenders are contenders cause they have a good core of top players and near the cap... so they couldnt fit Zach anyway...

i may be wrong... but if i am i'd rather not know

www.SterioDesign.com

#31 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

i'd like to think that most teams ahead of us in term of contenders are contenders cause they have a good core of top players and near the cap... so they couldnt fit Zach anyway...

i may be wrong... but if i am i'd rather not know

But if you have a shot at taking Parise you make room for him any way you possibly can.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#32 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

if i were zach, i would be pretty impressed with the amount of young talent we have climbing up. any other team that will throw more money than us probably can't afford a group like that.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#33 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,893 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

Some of you are really going to drive yourselves into the loony bin over the next six months. There are more immediate needs to worry about, like the team's performance and getting back into the playoffs. If you want Zach to stay, the team's performance (and the ownership situation, another thing that isn't going to be resolved overnight) is going to be paramount, he himself has all but admitted that.

Lou's not trading him, the only way he would have is if the team was about as out of it as they were last year. I have the feeling I'm going to be typing that a hundred times as everyone demands Lou trades him if he's not signed. As if not being signed on February 28 automatically equals he's gone.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#34 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:37 PM

i just don't get Lou's thought process... why NOT at least start the talks... there's NOTHING but risks the more you wait and that's a fact

the more he's waiting the more Zach will consider other options, seriously i don't give a sh!t about the financial problems and all... what do they have to lose by working on a framework or something and at least know what both sides wants... at least they will have this done IF the financial problems are over or something.

www.SterioDesign.com

#35 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,099 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

i just don't get Lou's thought process... why NOT at least start the talks... there's NOTHING but risks the more you wait and that's a fact

It's Lou and his old school mentality. He wants players to essentially beg to be Devils. Look at some of the stuff Greene said leading up to free agency. He mentioned not even getting a monetary offer until the last second. I don't know if that style works too well these days.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#36 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

What NJDevs4978 said.

Besides, who's out there with a better chance at the cup that also has cap space? The Rangers are pretty much out, along with the Flyers, Sabres, Sharks, Canucks, Blackhawks, Penns, and Bruins... I mean yea, he's worth making some room for, but you can't trade your whole team on the chance of signing him (and he's not that good, anyway).

I suppose that Montreal and Tampa Bay are somewhat of a concern, but... I mean, does anyone think that Minnesota really has a significantly better chance at the Cup than the Devils do? Sure, it's where he grew up, but his (in season) home is here now... I'd think that those arguments are a wash, and he doesn't strike me as being too drawn by that anyway based on my reading of his replies.

Besides, he said himself that he recognized that Lou rarely, if ever, negotiates contracts in season. I wouldn't be surprised to hear about some preliminary discussions at the all-star break, but I would be surprised if he's actually signed before the end of the season.

#37 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,505 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

Zach's as good as gone and we can thank Lou's "old school" tendencies for that. As far as where he goes, I'm thinking Zach could possibly end up in Minnesota.

#38 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:18 PM

here is a link for the article from the Wall St Journal
http://online.wsj.co...WORDS=jp parise

#39 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:24 PM

I think you've gotta be a subscriber for the WSJ article, but I'm not sure. That's the only reason that I didn't post it before.
Not that it hurts to post it, but it's usually "de rigueur" (don't worry, I had to look up the spelling too. lol) to mention that a subscription is required.

#40 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:25 PM

the fact that nobody knows what the next cba will have to say about the cap makes this a little tough if he makes it unsigned through the season.

that being said, if we assume all things remain about the same, the most likely landing spots are (in the order i'd think):

DET
MIN
NJ
NYR
PHI

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users