355 replies to this topic

#201 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

yea, being able to listen to Doc was my personal highlight. :)
*sigh*

#202 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:01 PM

the pk was nuts, we gave 1 up and im not using it as a positive but it was inspiring, thats all, they dont even get momentum from the pk and we just showed everyone why the best pk doesnt mean sh1t. vs. 5 on 5

i cant understand our 1st line and that clarky has 15 team leader and more turnovers/shg

these are major flaws, not to mention ANOTHER 3rd period meltdown

im not mad, but i am one who expects to win every game.

Edited by lazer, 04 January 2012 - 10:05 PM.

Posted Image

#203 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

Wow I can't wait to find the post where I said the Devils would lose 6-1 and everyone told me to calm down. This team is going no where. Easy to tell now.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#204 hattrick

hattrick

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

I can't believe the Devils had a short time lead in this game.
Good Is Not Good Where Better Is Expected

#205 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again - this team is going nowhere with the goaltending tandem we currently have, no matter how many goals we can manage on elite goalies (which so far isn't many). As it stands, the Devils probably have the worst goaltending in the league, and that's not going to change this year.

#206 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

The following game, Im counting the turn overs Kovy has. fvcking ridiculous. Also, Marty should have sat tonight. He should have sat after the 4th consecutive goal. DeBoer playing the 4th line for basically the last 3 min. of the game says alot as well.

Its so disheartening.

The best thing that came out of this game tonight was hearing Doc's reply to "Who last wore 21 on the Devils Doc? Uh.....Gionta." :whistling:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#207 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,746 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:06 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again - this team is going nowhere with the goaltending tandem we currently have, no matter how many goals we can manage on elite goalies (which so far isn't many). As it stands, the Devils probably have the worst goaltending in the league, and that's not going to change this year.

Ottawa and Tampa are probably worst

www.SterioDesign.com

#208 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,368 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:06 PM

The mistakes are there and for some reason they're never corrected. All starts with your GM.

But I want somebody to snap tonight. Someone to say publicly "We suck(ed)."

If that makes you feel better, but the Devils aren't in the Bruins' class right now. All the "we sucked" nonsense isn't going to change that.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#209 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

Lol at people blaming Marty. LOL.

#210 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:08 PM

It's a little late for that now, he should have been pulled at 5-1. He clearly wants no more part of this game (neither does the rest of the team).

Or the fan's who paid to watch this AHL team..I know the team isn't going to win every game,but to get mopped the fvck up like that deserves a refund.
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#211 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

It also kinda sucked see Lou's face on the screen and the lost expression. That was not good.

Edited by Quinn01, 04 January 2012 - 10:09 PM.

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#212 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,746 posts

i mean we cannot freak out after tonight's game... the Bruins are dominating EVERYONE right now, and they are playing with their full healthy roster.

we're an average team with 4 pretty important players out of the lineup... i dont know what you we're expecting really ?

www.SterioDesign.com

#213 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

Ottawa and Tampa are probably worst

Arguable, but not worth it. If you want me to change it to "bottom 3 goaltending", it doesn't change matters much.

Lol at people blaming Marty. LOL.

I don't think anyone's blaming Marty per-say. It's pretty difficult to win a hockey game scoring 1 goal. However, I think it's pretty easy to say that at least 1 or 2 of the 6 goals should have been stopped, and many more other ones throughout this season should have been as well. Every goalie gives up a bad goal here and there, but when you can count on your goalies to give up at least one per night, you're not going places.

#214 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

i mean we cannot freak out after tonight's game... the Bruins are dominating EVERYONE right now, and they are playing with their full healthy roster.

we're an average team with 4 pretty important players out of the lineup... i dont know what you we're expecting really ?

I can take a loss by Boston or any other team for that matter...its the 6 consecutive goals that I dont like. Id rather see a 0-3 loss.

Edited by Quinn01, 04 January 2012 - 10:10 PM.

Posted Image

#215 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,368 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

Wow I can't wait to find the post where I said the Devils would lose 6-1 and everyone told me to calm down. This team is going no where. Easy to tell now.

Oh please...it's not like they have to face the Bruins every single game. And it depends on what you mean by "going nowhere". No, they're probably not winning a Cup this year, but who was really expecting that? They do have a pretty good shot to get into the playoffs. That's a good thing for guys like Henrique, Larsson, Josefson, Tedenby, etc. A non-elite got blown out by a team that is clearly on top of its game right now. A result like that isn't a total surprise.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#216 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

Well obviously that sucked. Guess my confidence was misplaced. Bruins fans suck too. Act like you've been there.
Oh well. 3-1 in games I attended while home is pretty decent... And had fun going with a new friend so... Glass half full? Ah well

#217 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

im going to repeat myself here but this was technically another 3rd period meltdown, sure it was lost before that.
Posted Image

#218 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,746 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:14 PM

I can take a loss by Boston or any other team for that matter...its the 6 consecutive goals that I dont like. Id rather see a 0-3 loss.

yeah... i mean i really don't care about this season, we're OBVIOUSLY not winning the cup, so we need to use it to build something and get some good experience for our young guys

to me seriously i just want them to resign Zach, and after games like this i can only imagine how bad Zach does not want to resign lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#219 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,185 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

It's not the worst (not with Moose anyway)...there's a lot of hideous goaltending numbers right now. Tampa, Anaheim, Carolina, Columbus, etc.

It's amazing how quick we are to blame the goalies and we don't want to blame the D, which is awful (especially without Volch and Greene). I guess it's easier to blame an old guy than a kid.

I don't think anyone's blaming Marty per-say. It's pretty difficult to win a hockey game scoring 1 goal. However, I think it's pretty easy to say that at least 1 or 2 of the 6 goals should have been stopped, and many more other ones throughout this season should have been as well. Every goalie gives up a bad goal here and there, but when you can count on your goalies to give up at least one per night, you're not going places.

Yeah one or two of the third period goals should have been stopped but that's called not competing. Marty was fine when it was actually a game, when Tallinder and Larsson weren't making mongloid mistakes. Marty's been victimized by the D just as much as he's victimized them if not more but Marty's the only one that seems to ever get blame.

yea, being able to listen to Doc was my personal highlight. :)
*sigh*

Mites on ice was my highlight. Wish we didn't have to subject Doc to a 2010 flashback :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#220 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

Next time we should dress up this guy as Goalie.

Spoiler

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users