355 replies to this topic

#261 Gunslinger27

Gunslinger27

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

Yep a 4th line would be nice. Would be a good change also.
#262 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:34 PM

Yep a 4th line would be nice. Would be a good change also.

the days of the "goons" are long gone.......and we have 2 of them on the 4th line why??

#263 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:35 PM

Off Duty Woodbridge cop and his son who took that beating.
Philly is just filled with scum bags

Wow. From what I heard the Flyers fans were attacking a homeless person, Ranger fans saw what was happening and started swinging at the Flyers fans. That was probably a mistake if you ask me. Try and break it up..don't go in there swinging right away.

Wait, are we in 8th now?

These guys need to get their rears in gear. It's going to be an epic fight for them to maintain 8th spot for the rest of the season.
You know for some odd reason I felt a little more at ease this time last season than I do now. I mean we were in last place, but a win was a much bigger deal and a loss was par for the course.
This season this team looks like they don't know what the hell they want to do.

Yea the Habs housed the Jets pretty sure the 8th seed is still ours at the moment.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#264 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:38 PM

What ever happened to Lou's philosophy that good isn't good enough, when better is expected

When "better" stopped being possible?
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#265 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:38 PM

Anyway everyone have a good night. I better get going because now I'm being accused of being a troll? Whatever the fvck that means. Talk to you boys and girls Friday. Hopefully we get it together and compete a little better against Florida. Seems like every team we play now is in the playoffs.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#266 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

[quote name='ScoreMoreThan3' timestamp='1325738153' post='1079468']
Wow. From what I heard the Flyers fans were attacking a homeless person, Ranger fans saw what was happening and started swinging at the Flyers fans. That was probably a mistake if you ask me. Try and break it up..don't go in there swinging right away.

Your kidding right....In Philly..wearing Rangers Jerseys and..... try and break it up..without those a$$holes Philly fans throwing punches...WAKE THE FVCK UP!!
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#267 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:42 PM

1030am team meeting tomorrow for them.

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#268 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,505 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:44 PM

Sometimes I get the feeling that we shouldn't have gotten rid of guys like Gionta, Madden and Pandolfo.

BTW. what happened to Anssi Salmela?

#269 Dadds

Dadds

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:45 PM

Bad game but I will chalk it up to the the fact that the devils are a young team and are experiencing growing pains. I hope this is a good learning experiance for the all the young players we have. You have to come out and play 60 minutes of hockey against a team like Boston, not 5.

BTW did anybody else think Tallinder was just awful, -4, 4 pim one of which was turned into a goal, and a defencive zone turn-over that lead to a goal. He needs to play better than that, but i guess the team as a whole was kinda flat.

Heres to turning it around on Friday! :cheers:
"I think I'm going to become a Devils fan so they start never winning again." A sad flyers fan

"**** this. NJ might as well be allowed to build a brick wall in front of the net and let Marty sit on the bench. Would be no difference" A sad penguins fan

#270 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,505 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:46 PM

Wow! So they'll win the next game and then things will revert back to the way they were.
I learned in my classroom management class that you can't keep threatening with a warning. You need to follow through.

#271 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

I hope Kovi isnt late !

#272 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

Sometimes I get the feeling that we shouldn't have gotten rid of guys like Gionta, Madden and Pandolfo.

we let a bunch of players walk right out of the organization and replaced them with mediocre talent
I think Anssi went back to Europe or the KHL

Edited by hargsy, 04 January 2012 - 11:51 PM.

#273 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

we won 9 of our last 14 games... i dont think we should panic like we are now

www.SterioDesign.com

#274 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:54 PM

If we kept Gio, everybody on this forum would be bitching about how we over paid for him. Montreal's paying him $5.5 million annually. He's one of my favorite players in the NHL, but no way in hell is he worth that much.

Madden and Pando are waaaaaaaaaay over the hump. There's a reason that nobody signed Madden until January and that Pando is on the Islanders one year after playing for the Springfield Falcons. They aren't the players they were when they wore Devils sweaters. I'll take the growing pains of the youth movement at this point in lieu of nostalgic mediocrity.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#275 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:55 PM

at least after this season we're just gonna have to play those guys twice in a season

:boogie:

www.SterioDesign.com

#276 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,505 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:00 AM

If we kept Gio, everybody on this forum would be bitching about how we over paid for him. Montreal's paying him $5.5 million annually. He's one of my favorite players in the NHL, but no way in hell is he worth that much.

Madden and Pando are waaaaaaaaaay over the hump. There's a reason that nobody signed Madden until January and that Pando is on the Islanders one year after playing for the Springfield Falcons. They aren't the players they were when they wore Devils sweaters. I'll take the growing pains of the youth movement at this point in lieu of nostalgic mediocrity.

I'd rather have a 4th containing an over the hill Pando and Madden over what we currently have.

#277 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:04 AM

we won 9 of our last 14 games... i dont think we should panic like we are now

thats a good way to look at things........its just the beating we took tonight, it really pissed me off

#278 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,274 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:06 AM

Seriously, just shut your fvcking trap. Not just you, and I'm sorry you had to be the scapegoat for this one, but the whole collective group of butt-hurt fans who act like they're entitled to see the Devils clean the schedule in first place and waltz to a fvcking stanley cup... as if the Devils were doing you some personal injustice by losing this game.

It's a game in January against the best team in the conference and we got our butts handed to us. It happens. But all of these stupid fvcking fans who think that just because we won 3 cups in 9 years almost TWO DECADES ago, we're going to skip our way to the playoffs with a division crown and home ice advantage, need a fvcking reality check. Go look at our fvcking roster, we have talent to COMPETE, but we have a blue-line dominated by kids who are BOUND to have bad games, erratic-at-best stars and a top 6 that changes every fvcking night. Our goalie uses fvcking rogaine, our coach has barely been in place for 6 fvcking months, our superstar goes from Wayne Van Dorp to Wayne Gretzky and back every fvcking night, and our 'sniper' has a daughter that's old enough to sleep with legally... we are not going to dominate like we used to and that's just a simple fact.

Accept it that this team is a playoff contender, accept it that we won't dominate teams with any consistancy, ENJOY the fvcking season because you LOVE the team you root for, or go the hell away.

Getting better but miles to go. Tone it down a bit will ya?

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#279 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:11 AM

Getting better but miles to go. Tone it down a bit will ya?

Man, it's a forum. I think the people who were saying sh!t like that were being stupid, so I told them that I thought they were being stupid. I don't think any less of ScoreMoreThan3, and quite obviously his contribution to the board sparks discussion and that's what this place is all about. Sorry if I offended you with the language, but it gets boring when everyone is too scared to say "Hey man, shut up".

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#280 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,491 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:21 AM

Did anyone honestly think we would blow these guys out of the water tonight? I know at least I didn't and honestly this loss doesn't piss me off too much as they are pretty much the best team in the league and being where we are most of the times we should statistically be losing to them. I guess maybe that close game we had with them a couple months back got some peoples hope up, but remember that was a Bruins team just getting over their Stanley cup hangover at the time and are now looking like the Stanley cup champs.

Also just remember, the Bruins tonight look like how the devils were when they were defending the cup in 2000-01 season so now we get a taste on how it is on the other side. We had that nice taste for quite a number of years and we will eventually have it back sometime in the future amd you can bet we will prob not have to wait as long between cups like our two closest rivals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users