355 replies to this topic

#321 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

Didn't say it was ALL young fans who feel this way, but I do see the "Devils should keep being elite just because" attitude among that age group more than I do among the older fans. You're clearly not of that mindset.

I agree. Stereotyping this is certainly bad, but... it's usually fairly easy to pick out the kids. I guess that seeing that attitude just doesn't bother me, is all (which is where my earlier "they'll get over it" was coming from).

Anyway, I agree "There was something a little more compelling about the late 80s teams". There was a feeling of being on the ground floor of something great that was being built, for one thing (which certainly worked out). The players back then... maybe it's my memories being colored with foreknowledge now, but it feels like a lot of them had a bit more cachet to them, or something. I don't know, but the point is that I definitely agree.

Unless something changes your top 7 defensmen will be Fayne, Tallinder, Greene, Volchenkov, Salvador, Foster and Larsson. The only player I see getting sat before Larsson is Foster who mans the 1st PP unit. There is no chance in hell I want the 7th defensmen to be a 19 year old 4th overall pick. If Larsson doesn't outplay Foster there is a very good chance he gets sent down to the AHL until the playoffs. Taormina is the ideal age and type of player to be a 7th defensmen. He can plug into any hole in the lineup. This would require our bandaid defense to be healthy.

I doubt that Foster will be resigned... unless Lou can resign him for less than $1 mil per, which probably won't happen because he's playing decently for the Devils so other teams will have some interest in him.

#322 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

WOW, What a crappy game. I switched after the 3rd goal to watch the Montreal/Winnipeg game which definitely had a similar outcome for the Jets (except more scoring). Speaking of scoring, where was it? I know the team lost 6-1, but there was no real spark or jump to get anything going minus Elias. I found a lot of the forwards seemed "vanilla" on doing much and this was not limited to Kovalchuk (who we all know I "love" and "cherish").

As for the Defense, I think they are playing at the best they can. When it comes to Andy Greene as your number 1 guy, there is a problem. Greene is a good player, just not a #1 yet here we are...
Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#323 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

I think it is time to break up the top line. When Zajac is healthy we have the talent to role 3 very solid lines. If Zajac is healthy enough, I think he needs to be put with Parise or Kovy with Henrique centering the other one. This top line just doesn't work together. Kovy is trying but this line does not suit his game at all and it hurts Parise's on top of that.

This crappy 4th line has to go too. Eric Boulton is truly awful. We'll soon have the talent to role 4 very solid lines. We have had no need all year for 1, let alone 2, goons in the lineup. Every Cam fight has been staged.

I agree. I'm about done with the top line. It's OK, but sometimes I think Zach and Kovy could do better if they were split up.

#324 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

GS has actually put together a pretty good team and a lot of players would really like to play for GS's organization.
Remember it's Lou who made the baffling decision to sign to Goons to play on the 4th line and didn't make any attempt at getting a backup goaltender who isn't on the downside of his career.
I mean Hedberg is good but there's no way we should have a goalie tandem that's the equivalent of the two old guys in the balcony of the Muppet Show.
Posted Image

I have never said, but thought the same thing except I don't think they laugh nearly enough as those two. Call me crazy on that one!

Oh and Kovy giving the puck over... is classic form for him. Not picking, but merely stating the factual truth backed up by numerous videos. I wish it was different, I wish he would learn, and I wish our PP was far better, but here we sit and there they Shit!

Edited by Chorske17, 05 January 2012 - 04:19 PM.

Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#325 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

I doubt that Foster will be resigned... unless Lou can resign him for less than $1 mil per, which probably won't happen because he's playing decently for the Devils so other teams will have some interest in him.

What? You tell two people to read a statistics book then you make this post.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#326 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

What? You tell two people to read a statistics book then you make this post.

Meaning? What, you think Lou should sign him for 6 years at $2.5 mil each, or soemthing?

#327 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,383 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

Need to regroup the lines again:

Parise-Henrique-Clarkson

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Palmieri

Zubrus-Elias-Sykora

Tedenby-Carter-Boulton

or

Tedenby-Carter-Zharkov

or

Tedenby-Josefson-Zharkov

Edited by CarpathianForest, 05 January 2012 - 04:59 PM.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#328 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:16 PM

Meaning? What, you think Lou should sign him for 6 years at $2.5 mil each, or soemthing?

Other way, chap.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#329 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

Did anyone see when Kovy was out with elias and sykora for that one shift last night? They were dominating the play same with zubrus with henrique and parise they were working good.

I want these!

Parise Henrique Zubrus
Kovalchuk Elias Sykora
Tedenby Zajac Clarkson
Sestito Carter Zalewski

When JoJo gets back...

Parise Zajac Henrique
Kovalchuk Elias Sykora
Zubrus Josefson Clarkson
Tedenby Carter Zalewski/Zharkov/Palmieri but we all know its sestito janssen or boulton :angry:

Edited by Zubie#8, 05 January 2012 - 05:20 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#330 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

Other way, chap.

Which is exactly what I said... ?
:blink:

A couple of you guys seem to just like to argue. Don't try putting words in my mouth, please.

Did anyone see when Kovy was out with elias and sykora for that one shift last night? They were dominating the play same with zubrus with henrique and parise they were working good.

I did. I hope DeBoer gives that a second look (I suspect that it wasn't really planned, though. Didn't that happen because Kovy get caught out on the ice during a change?).

Edited by ohms law, 05 January 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#331 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

"If Larsson doesn't outplay Foster there is a very good chance he gets sent down to the AHL until the playoffs."

What made you think I was talking about next season. I am talking this season, if Foster stays on the PP Larsson should be sent down.

#332 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

humm... this started with "Unless something changes your top 7 defensmen will be...", which made it seem as though you were talking about next season.
As for sending Larsson down, I said something about that already.
:noclue:

#333 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

I tend to agree with the notion that the top line should be broken up. Why can't we at least give Kovalchuk and Parise a shot to play on separate lines for at least a few games? I don't understand... from the looks of TG's posts today regarding practice, it's going to be the same top two versus Florida... with Zalewski centering Clarkson and Sestito. Interested to see what he will bring to the table.

#334 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

I tend to agree with the notion that the top line should be broken up. Why can't we at least give Kovalchuk and Parise a shot to play on separate lines for at least a few games? I don't understand... from the looks of TG's posts today regarding practice, it's going to be the same top two versus Florida... with Zalewski centering Clarkson and Sestito. Interested to see what he will bring to the table.

Yeah it should be interesting with Zal in the line up. Hedberg to get the start tomorrow also with Zajac and A-Train both D-t-d. Madden should also be in the line up tomorrow night. :whistling:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#335 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

humm... this started with "Unless something changes your top 7 defensmen will be...", which made it seem as though you were talking about next season.
As for sending Larsson down, I said something about that already.
:noclue:

Like I said, Larsson is either a #7 defensmen or he is a #1 defensmen for Albany. I know for a fact which one is better for his development. #1 PP time and #1 PK time.

#336 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

Yeah it should be interesting with Zal in the line up. Hedberg to get the start tomorrow also with Zajac and A-Train both D-t-d. Madden should also be in the line up tomorrow night. :whistling:

I wouldn't count out Zajac or Volchenkov sitting out tomorrow. DeBoer was reported in the S-L to have said that "he's not oppose to playing both if they convince him they're ready to play Friday.", which to me means that if they show up and skate in the morning then they'll probably play. But, we'll see.

Like I said, Larsson is either a #7 defensmen or he is a #1 defensmen for Albany. I know for a fact which one is better for his development. #1 PP time and #1 PK time.

On this year's team, I don't think of Larsson as a #7 defenseman. he's not top 2 or 3 either, by any means, but... the #7 defenseman is a part time player, which is not at all where Larsson is or should be. He's not playing terrifically, but... 7th defenseman? Really? Not to me.
He certainly would be a #1 defenseman in Albany, but I said earlier why I don't think that's a good idea.

#337 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:46 PM

I realize there are a lot of people here that are saying not to blame Marty but QUITE A FEW of those that he were in were just soft. I hate to say it but he was playing like a rookie like there. It doesn't help that we never know if this team will either score one goal a game or will blast out five. They just are erratic when it comes to scoring.

Also I was in 131 and there was this obnoxious, drunk Rangers fan that I just wanted to strangle. Typical loud mouth Rags fan. Shouting obscenities and was taunting and trying to pick fights with the people near my section too...anyone else encounter this fool?

n2eg.jpg

#338 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

i think we shouldnt feel ashamed of last night's game just look at the game tnight... its 7-0 for the Bruins so far against Calgary with about 35 min played...

in the last few weeks they destroyed the Flyers 6-0 and Florida 8-0

since November they are 23-2-2... scoring 106 goals and allowing only 43 goals in 27 games... so i dont think there's a shame about last night really lol they are just super powerful right now

www.SterioDesign.com

#339 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:48 PM

Just an FYI: Boston has put-up a touchdown tonight on Calgary. B's have scored 13 unanswered goals within 24 hours.

Fake Marchand Twitter: "The Flames would be better off with the drummer from Def Leppard in net."

#340 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

9-0
Devils.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users