52 replies to this topic

#21 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:23 AM

This is only getting the attention because the guy was a cop. Otherwise it would just be oh someone got beat up. Similar to the girl with the brain damage at the sharks game. And him being a cop, didn't handle the situation properly at all either.

Its a typical camera phone clip. You dont know what was said or what happened prior to the punches being thrown. While I do think he should have held his composure better, on the other hand the one flyers individual seemed to start to get in the face of the other Rangers fan and then the victim jumped in, thus getting thrown to the pavement and hit with a barrage of punches and kicks. But again, you dont know what happened first.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#22 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

Philthy is an overrated, garbage of a hole on the map. Their fans are inbreds and their cases of violence always involve them fighting cowardly - 3 on 2 in this situation. If youre gonna fight, at least man up and do it one on one.

Edited by devlman, 05 January 2012 - 11:28 AM.

#23 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

Philly fans are animals, and it does happen there more than anywhere else, but I've seen our fans get stupid when they're drunk. There has to be a better way to limit alcohol consumption. I'm not for banning it -- I've had a bunch of beers at games over the years, but there's a difference between enjoying a drink and getting smashed, and when you're smashed at a sporting event, especially a close game, you get stupid.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#24 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

These people are the scum of this country and this is another example of that. I was rooting hard for the Rangers because as annoying as their fans are, at least they are civilized human beings.

Not at our home arena they aren't.

#25 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

I know this is off topic but I highly recommend Geno's if your ever in Philly.

#26 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

Philthy is an overrated, garbage of a hole on the map. Their fans are inbreds and their cases of violence always involve them fighting cowardly - 3 on 2 in this situation. If youre gonna fight, at least man up and do it one on one.

Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#27 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:48 AM

How should he have handled the situation when he was on the ground and 3 Flyers fans are pounding him?

Prior to that. A cop should have known to either walk away or not retaliate with a shove.
Devils.

#28 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

I know this is off topic but I highly recommend Geno's if your ever in Philly.

I'm a Tony Luke's man myself, but I've heard Geno's aint bad.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#29 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

I'm a Tony Luke's man myself, but I've heard Geno's aint bad.

I think Geno's is practically horsemeat...it was a huge letdown for me.

I like Pats and TL's, though. I put Pat's slightly ahead.

Was going to try Jim's the last time I was in Philly (based on some good reviews I'd heard), but the guy we were with at the time (who is pretty familiar with Philly) suggested we avoid it and hit Pat's instead.

Edited by NJCroMag, 05 January 2012 - 12:18 PM.

"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#30 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

These people are the scum of this country and this is another example of that. I was rooting hard for the Rangers because as annoying as their fans are, at least they are civilized human beings.

It's well known you carry a serious grudge toward Philadelphia and their fans by your experience there a few years ago. Can't say i blame you but, sorry, that you weren't part of the Devils fanbase starting from 1984 like i was because the Rangers have some of the worst human beings possible among their fanbase. I grew up with it more then the Devils fans of today.

Just utter stupid, knuckle dragging, arrogant "NOO YAWKERS" who hide behind the team's "tradition" (LOL) and long history in the league. It doesn't end there. Add in the assclown Northern NJ people who for some reason (either by birth or choice) need to lean on NY for an ego boost or fulfillment of following a major market team who has won one Cup in 71 years. The worst Rangers fans are the middle aged and older crowd becuase they've been through watching the Devils win and the Rangers fail with the exception of one season in their life.

I guess people had to be around in the early days of the Devils through the 90's to really understand that. If you need a bit of a refresher, head on to the next Devils/Rangers game at either building and don't sit in the expensive suit seats, either. How many physical altercations have we seen at either building that went un-recorded? Christ, i saw a carfull of Devils and Rangers fans in the 1994 Playoffs literally stop in the parking lot, empty and go at it.

If cam phones existed in the 80's and early mid-90's you'd see how "civilized" Rangers fans are....

Both of these fanbases are human cesspools of filth. The only difference is the Rangers are far more "corporate" right now and their filth is more diluted and priced out but the DNA is there, trust me. It'll come out at the right time. It always does.

Edited by SJP20, 05 January 2012 - 01:10 PM.

NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#31 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

It's just that bad 99% of Rangers and Flyers fans that give the rest of them a bad name.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#32 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

It's just that bad 99% of Rangers and Flyers fans that give the rest of them a bad name.

Haha good one.

#33 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

Here's a fun video to watch. This is pretty much the Flyers fanbase to a "T". Fat, drunk and knuckledragging. The guy with the orange Abercrombie shirt is the poster boy for Philadelphia.

Edited by SJP20, 05 January 2012 - 12:59 PM.

NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#34 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

It's well known you carry a serious grudge toward Philadelphia and their fans by your experience there a few years ago. Can't say i blame you but, sorry, that you weren't part of the Devils fanbase starting from 1984 like i was because the Rangers have some of the worst human beings possible among their fanbase. I grew up with it more then the "Cup Kids/Fans" of today.

Just utter stupid, knuckle dragging, arrogant "NOO YAWKERS" who hide behind the team's "tradition" (LOL) and long history in the league. It doesn't end there. Add in the assclown Northern NJ people who for some reason (either by birth or choice) need to lean on NY for an ego boost or fulfillment of following a major market team who has won one Cup in 71 years. The worst Rangers fans are the middle aged and older crowd becuase they've been through watching the Devils win and the Rangers fail with the exception of one season in their life.

I guess people had to be around in the early days of the Devils through the 90's to really understand that. If you need a bit of a refresher, head on to the next Devils/Rangers game at either building and don't sit in the expensive suit seats, either. How many physical altercations have we seen at either building that went un-recorded? Christ, i saw a carfull of Devils and Rangers fans in the 1994 Playoffs literally stop in the parking lot, empty and go at it.

If cam phones existed in the 80's and early mid-90's you'd see how "civilized" Rangers fans are....

Both of these fanbases are human cesspools of filth. The only difference is the Rangers are far more "corporate" right now and their filth is more diluted and priced out but the DNA is there, trust me. It'll come out at the right time. It always does.

HAHA I agree !!
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#35 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

Here's a fun video to watch. This is pretty much the Flyers fanbase to a "T". Fat, drunk and knuckledragging. The guy with the orange Abercrombie shirt is the poster boy for Philadelphia.

Damn! Abercrombie and Fitch? More like Abercrombie and Tits! That guy needs to cut down on the cheesesteaks.
One thing I'm surprised at is that someone actually had a Blair Betts jersey.

Must I post the Bill Burr rant again? Okay:

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#36 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

Classic
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#37 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

God Id love to see him in a wet t-shirt contest. :uni:

Edited by Quinn01, 05 January 2012 - 01:28 PM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#38 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

That dude's got a rockin set of tits.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#39 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

Guy seriously have some nice B cups there at least.

And god Damn how trashy is that chick? I guess she was there because they don't have cable yet at the trailer park.

#40 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

Guy seriously have some nice B cups there at least.

And god Damn how trashy is that chick? I guess she was there because they don't have cable yet at the trailer park.

I'm sure she gets abused in all kinds of ways with that filthy mouth. And I don't mean physically.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users