• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:33 PM

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/7426297/video-shows-philadelphia-flyers-fans-attacking-new-york-rangers-fans

The Philadelphia police department has released a surveillance video of a brutal attack following Monday's Winter Classic game in an effort to identify the three suspects involved in the beating of two men wearing New York Rangers jerseys outside a South Philadelphia cheesesteak shack.

Dammit, now I want a cheesesteak. :(
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#42 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

Jim's has my favorite cheesesteak, S.O.S. second (pleasant surprise when I was in a rush and Jim's line was out the door), Tony Luke's third.

Edited by mouse, 05 January 2012 - 03:41 PM.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#43 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

Best cheesesteak is at Carmen's in Bellmawr, NJ :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#44 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:34 AM

Best cheesesteak is at Carmen's in Bellmawr, NJ :)

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

It's almost 5AM and I am now dying for a cheesesteak.... aghh

#45 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

Don't they tech hand to hand combat for our military and police?
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#46 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

I imagine so, but they don't turn you into Casey Ryback.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#47 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

1. He was outnumbered.
2. He was suckerpunched.
3. He earned the Purple Heart for a reason. He was hit by a sniper in Iraq, and one story says it "blew apart one of his calf muscles" while another quotes the Woodbridge Mayor (where the victim is a police officer) saying "his leg was nearly taken off."

If any of these Philly pusscakes had the stones to take him 1-on-1, I'd take the one-legged Marine over the Rocky wannabe any day of the week.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#48 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

Edited by Daniel, 06 January 2012 - 10:02 AM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#49 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:02 AM

I wouldn't say sucker punched. Someone has to throw the first punch in a fight. Anyway, I think he should of atleast knew how to defend him self. Back to a previous member stated. He shouldn't of let himself get put in that situation anyway
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#50 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:49 AM

Yes, let's bash philly. This sh!t happens all the time and they have the worst fans. We need to start bustin skulls at home against these a$holes, because if you go to their arena they'll do it to you.

Home opener, walking out toward Penn Station I witnessed a fight about to happen. Kept walking, and even I yelled sh!t out to them as I went by. I was in a rather large group all wearing Devils jerseys so I would think they either didn't hear me or thought I wasn't worth the risk of getting their ass kicked because of the group around me. It either way, unless the cops got wind of it in time, I'm sure punches were thrown. They were posturing just like the players do on the ice before the first punch is thrown.

It's like they live like Russell Crowe on that South Park episode - looking for a fight anywhere anytime.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#51 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

Every time one of these stories pops up and people start saying ridiculous stuff like "he shouldn't have put himself in that situation" while completely ignoring the fact that this is a recurring theme in Philly, I think of this. Then I laugh.

My link
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#52 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

Every time one of these stories pops up and people start saying ridiculous stuff like "he shouldn't have put himself in that situation" while completely ignoring the fact that this is a recurring theme in Philly, I think of this. Then I laugh.

My link

lol
That's a great article, right there!

#53 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

I imagine so, but they don't turn you into Casey Ryback.

WINNER! A Casey Ryback reference, haha.....Don't mess with the cook!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users