28 replies to this topic

#1 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

All I can say is WOW! Congratulations Patty!! :yea: :beerbang: :cheers: :w00t: :gd: :clap2: :boogie: :devil: :hail:

I will be at the hospital doing a shift (in Newark of all places) and will miss the game, but I hope he has a monster game and gets first star, game winning goal, hat trick, etc! :)

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#2 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

Yeah I hope he gets a standing ovation at some point in the game regardless of the outcome. We all know he deserves it.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#3 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

He's been a great Devil and deserves the standing O that he will get tomorrow night.
Posted Image

#4 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

Yeah I hope he gets a standing ovation at some point in the game regardless of the outcome. We all know he deserves it.

this should def happen
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#5 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

It's about time, ya bum!

;)

#6 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

Much love and thanks to Patty!

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#7 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

Grats Patty!
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#8 Steven M.

Steven M.

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

I really wish I could be there. I'll be on an airplane home and miss the game entirely :(

CONGRATULATIONS to Patty, easily one of my top 3 favorite Devils of all time... his number is cemented in our history, and will be in the rafters in due time.

But he's still got some good years left. He's due for a goal or two right. How perfect would it be...

Regardless, long live #26

http://youtu.be/56AbPlUntNA

http://youtu.be/cSlOLojTsmY

Posted Image

100601larry-david2.jpg

#9 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

i kinda feel ashamed for not having an elias jersey yet... he's the next one im getting though

www.SterioDesign.com

#10 Steven M.

Steven M.

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

i kinda feel ashamed for not having an elias jersey yet... he's the next one im getting though

I just recently got an Elias throwback... I'm pretty much obsessed with it lol

100601larry-david2.jpg

#11 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,890 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

Congrats Patty on another milestone! Glad I'll be able to witness it in person.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#12 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

Ill be there tomorrow as well. Hes a beast and I think underrated.

I agree his 26 will be in the rafters along 4, 3, 27, and eventually 30 in due time. For now keep playing a beast Patty!

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#13 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:02 AM

How many seasons do you think theres left in that guy?

Personally id guess 3 maybe 4 if he can stay healty ... But id play safe with his next contract tho since its gonna be a 35+

www.SterioDesign.com

#14 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:54 AM

I think he's the 3rd player to log 1000 games with NJ (Daneyko, Brodeur) so Congrats !

Turning 36 in April I feel he'll play just 2 more seasons after this one, ending in spring of 2014.
Seems unlikely he'll play at age 38 in 14-15.

#15 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:02 AM

Congrats to the greatest forward this franchise has ever seen!
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#16 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,493 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

I know it is hard to compare since the Devils have a much longer history with great players and have accomplished a lot more as an organization, but when Daniel Alfredsson played in his 1000th game a while back, the Senators really made it a special evening for him and the fans. Hope the Devils honour him before the game with something, and the crowd gives him a very long standing ovation.

1000 games with one team in this day and age is very special.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#17 thefansvoice

thefansvoice

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

Check out an article about Elias' 1000 game from the Generals!
http://bit.ly/wHD3wI

Follow us @devilsgenerals on twitter for game coverage tonight, discussions and of course your #Devils1stgoal guesses... more possible prizes for winners!

#18 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

I think he's the 3rd player to log 1000 games with NJ (Daneyko, Brodeur) so Congrats !

Turning 36 in April I feel he'll play just 2 more seasons after this one, ending in spring of 2014.
Seems unlikely he'll play at age 38 in 14-15.

I don't know, the way that DeBoer was talking about him playing so well and looking so young... Of course, that was part of an interview specifically about his thousandth game. That and those of us who are older know first hand that when you're youth goes it tends to leave you in a hurry. *sigh*

But yea, he's the third Devil to reach 1000 games, after Daneyko and Brodeur. Pretty amazing when you think about it.

#19 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

I know it is hard to compare since the Devils have a much longer history with great players and have accomplished a lot more as an organization, but when Daniel Alfredsson played in his 1000th game a while back, the Senators really made it a special evening for him and the fans. Hope the Devils honour him before the game with something, and the crowd gives him a very long standing ovation.

1000 games with one team in this day and age is very special.

I'm going to guess they will mention something during the game but save a ceremony for after the road trip.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#20 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:32 PM

I propose its now time to take down the Nieds banner up there and put some sort of elias banner...anyone second this motion?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users