161 replies to this topic

#41 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

We dont need Єklund to tell us that. Its quite obvious.

It is quite obvious

Yeah it fits like a glove.. Zach has always been a me first player dying for whatever time in the limelight he could get.. Name one game this season where he was going in with a 2 on 1 and actually passed it off? He wants to be on a team where he is the sole star and can carry a team to the Cup by himself, which is typically easy as we've seen

Especially after last season when Zach had to watch Kovy take over the team and become the new beloved player of fans.. He must have been so angry to see the love Kovy got all season long, and now he wants that from a fan base that actually cares about him..

Edited by Colin226, 10 January 2012 - 01:24 PM.

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#42 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

Єklund (2.3% accurate) must be talking to (N)Єverson again to get his insightful information.

How much more playing time can Parise possibly get? He plays in all situations, is on the PP1 AND PK1, and is the left wing on our first line. He takes a shot in every shootout we're involved in. The only thing Kovy gets that Zach doesn't is garbage time duty with Sestito and Boulton on the 4th line. If he wants that time too, he's being ridiculous! Maybe Parise would be happy to play in goal instead of Marty. That way, he'd play all 60 minutes (you can't get more ice time than that).

If Zach leaves, it will have nothing to do with being Kovy's teammate and everything to do with money.
Posted Image

#43 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

Isn't that the most preposterious thing you've ever exerienced, colin? It blows my mind that people are so stupid, but I guess that's life.

I've watched, played and now coached hockey for over 20 years. Kovy is a stud, period. Do I get frustrated when he misses the net on the PP and it leads to a breakaway the other way? Sure. Do I grit my teeth when he gives up on a play after making or receiving a sh!tty pass? Absolutely.

BUT. When he's on, he can be the best player in the building. Lemaire obviously made it clear that he needed to play more of a team game when he came here, and you can tell he's trying (and sometimes, fighting) it. These two morons in Sec 20 last game were yelling at him the whole game about how much he sucked...much to the chagrin of a man and his family next to them. When Kovy danced around that backcheck at full speed and put Patty's pass in the net for the 3-2 lead, the older man just looked at the two loud haters next to him and just shook his head. It was priceless.

The guy is an amazing player, no questions about it. If you cant see it, I'm sorry, but I cannot respect your ability to understand the game. His contract is a separate discussion all together...

You're awesome

#44 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

It is quite obvious

Yeah it fits like a glove.. Zach has always been a me first player dying for whatever time in the limelight he could get.. Name one game this season where he was going in with a 2 on 1 and actually passed it off? He wants to be on a team where he is the sole star and can carry a team to the Cup by himself, which is typically easy as we've seen

Especially after last season when Zach had to watch Kovy take over the team and become the new beloved player of fans.. He must have been so angry to see the love Kovy got all season long, and now he wants that from a fan base that actually cares about him..

Exactly. Parise is a me first player but the problem is that Kovy is the exact same way. While ZP shouldnt be bitter about having to watch Kovy make the team his last year, its human. The fan base does care about him....but we care more about winning then 1 single player. Look at all the hate Kovy gets. You either like him or hate him. Its not about individual players its about the team as a whole and winning the cup. If Parise, which I think is the case, wants to be the "Marty" so to speak of another team then he needs to pack it up because it wont happen here. He has to share the lime light with several other players, IE Kovy, Elias and this season Larsson (which is quickly dieing off). He has alot to think about. I am sure its on his mind after each game.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#45 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

Exactly. Parise is a me first player but the problem is that Kovy is the exact same way. While ZP shouldnt be bitter about having to watch Kovy make the team his last year, its human. The fan base does care about him....but we care more about winning then 1 single player. Look at all the hate Kovy gets. You either like him or hate him. Its not about individual players its about the team as a whole and winning the cup. If Parise, which I think is the case, wants to be the "Marty" so to speak of another team then he needs to pack it up because it wont happen here. He has to share the lime light with several other players, IE Kovy, Elias and this season Larsson (which is quickly dieing off). He has alot to think about. I am sure its on his mind after each game.

I think Colin was being sarcastic. Parise is anything but a "me first" player.
Posted Image

#46 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

**Heavy sigh** I've posted much on the topic... does anyone really want to read it again?

did anyone want to read it the first eight times even... :rolleyes:

hmeh -- I'll say it anyhow.

Zach should do whatever Zach wants to do.

You all have to understand and it reads like most do: This is one of those rare times when what is best for Zach if ABSOLUTELY what's best for the team as well.

Does it not follow -

If he stays because he thinks the Devils are winners, it's for the best.

If he leaves because he thinks the Devils are losers, it's for the best!

Edited by Pepperkorn, 10 January 2012 - 01:36 PM.

I'm here for the party

#47 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

Yeah so...I'm thinking Colin was being sarcastic people...Zach surely doesn't come across as a selfish player to me.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#48 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

Eh. Im just saying that he is becoming bitter and all the factors combined....its going to push him farther away.

Edited by Quinn01, 10 January 2012 - 01:43 PM.

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#49 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

Except Weber goes RFA after this season and there's no guarantee he stays. So now you're out Larsson, Parise and Weber. Big loss for a team whose D is already pretty fragile.

Agreed--pretty much contingent only on an agreement to sign long-term before hand. I wouldn't do this and leave it all to chance.

#50 Maddog

Maddog

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

Єklund (2.3% accurate) must be talking to (N)Єverson again to get his insightful information.

How much more playing time can Parise possibly get? He plays in all situations, is on the PP1 AND PK1, and is the left wing on our first line. He takes a shot in every shootout we're involved in. The only thing Kovy gets that Zach doesn't is garbage time duty with Sestito and Boulton on the 4th line. If he wants that time too, he's being ridiculous! Maybe Parise would be happy to play in goal instead of Marty. That way, he'd play all 60 minutes (you can't get more ice time than that).

If Zach leaves, it will have nothing to do with being Kovy's teammate and everything to do with money.

Per NHL.com total ice time for the New Jersey Devils

1 Zach Parise 903:46

2 Ilya Kovalchuk 887:02

Edited by Maddog, 10 January 2012 - 01:42 PM.

MDD_zpsbc48401d.png

#51 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

We really are starting to beat these parise free agent threads to death here. There is nothing we can do about it and let's just calm down and wait until he signs with another team in July.

#52 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:44 PM

Yes I was being as sarcastic as possible and would have been more so if I wasn't posting from my phone.. He is the complete opposite of what I was describing (and in an earlier TBL game he was in 2 on 1 twice, dished it both times, and we got 2 goals)

Quinn man I honestly don't get how you could see it he way you do, though I respect your opinion.. Zach has always been regarded as a hard working, team first guy.. And there is no way he could reasonably be that upset with his ice time (as outlined by an above poster)
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#53 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

Don't forget Kovy missed five games.

Average TOI:
1. Kovalchuk - 24:38
2. Parise - 22:03
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#54 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

Name one game this season where he was going in with a 2 on 1 and actually passed it off?

Instead of one I'll give you two of Henriques SH goals.
http://video.devils....N.J209&fr=false
http://video.devils....T.B418&fr=false
Devils.

#55 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,051 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

Fwiw, Kovy missed five-six games so his average per game is clearly higher.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#56 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

Yes I was being as sarcastic as possible and would have been more so if I wasn't posting from my phone.. He is the complete opposite of what I was describing (and in an earlier TBL game he was in 2 on 1 twice, dished it both times, and we got 2 goals)

Quinn man I honestly don't get how you could see it he way you do, though I respect your opinion.. Zach has always been regarded as a hard working, team first guy.. And there is no way he could reasonably be that upset with his ice time (as outlined by an above poster)

No your right. I will say that he has hands down the hardest working player on the ice day in and day out. He back checks like a mother fvcker this season, battles, and most of the time wins it. Your right, I misread the part about being a selfish player. Thats not what I meant. Instead of taking a shot on goal he would much rather dish it out..insert Henriques points here... I just think that between Kovy being who he is as a person and a player plus the lack of wins in the last 2 seasons and other issues going on that we may or may not know about behind the locker room doors, he is going to say thank you shake hands and part his way. Plus think about it, if the team you were working for was having internal issues like being in debt and all this other crap going on, would you start to worry about whether or not you were receive the reputation and respect that you think you deserve?

On a different level, for the sake of argument, lets say that he does sign long term here....how do you all feel about him being the captain until retirement/transfer, because realistically speaking, he will remain the captain?

Edited by Quinn01, 10 January 2012 - 01:50 PM.

Posted Image

#57 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,051 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

lol I think Colin overdid the sarcasm since more than half the board was thrown. Especially since a couple of those faux arguments really aren't too much of a stretch.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#58 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

On a different level, for the sake of argument, lets say that he does sign long term here....how do you all feel about him being the captain until retirement/transfer, because realistically speaking, he will remain the captain?

No-one else fits the bill as well as he does. Well, except Elias, but he doesn't want it and won't be around forever...and then we'll have the same discussion again.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#59 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:54 PM

lol I think Colin overdid the sarcasm since more than half the board was thrown. Especially since a couple of those faux arguments really aren't too much of a stretch.

Yeah he got me good. :whistling:

Edited by Quinn01, 10 January 2012 - 01:54 PM.

Posted Image

#60 Maddog

Maddog

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:54 PM

Don't forget Kovy missed five games.

Average TOI:
1. Kovalchuk - 24:38
2. Parise - 22:03

You are correct sir,not much difference though. :evil: