161 replies to this topic

#81 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

It all comes down to what you can get for him. If you can get a Bouwmeester + then you really have to think about it.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#82 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

don't listen to ANYTHING Єklund (2.3% accurate) says... his "sources" are usually total garbage and lead to nothing, so take them with an entire mountain of salt...

yeah it would SUCK horribly if he left, and we as a fanbase would murder things...

the article doesn't really say anything we don't already know.. he wants to get paid but also win a cup.. so do the other 690 NHL players... whats so bad about that...

It's almost pretty easy to tell that when Parise is on the bench next to Kovalchuck he's like "Aw man, this guy is a tool." I seriously feel like Kovalchuck wants to try to adapt to Parise's style of play, but he's just trying too hard. Things have been better the last 16 games or so but the big picture is Parise being unhappy with Kovalchuck overall IMO. Which sucks because he should just play the game and not worry about it. That's what leaders do they make it work no matter what the situation is.

Easy to tell? you're reading into something that isnt there... i've never thought that while watching ANYONE on the bench.. they all seem focused and ready for the next shift.

Neither one of these guys are selfish, egomaniacal players (as Colin sarcastically stated in an earlier post, which i applaud by the way) and they will do what the team has them do...

The speculation is one thing, but people "knowing" his thoughts is pure garbage
POTATO!!!

#83 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

IMO if he isnt signed before the trade deadline then you trade him. Imagine if we lose parise for nothing, that would be devastating. Trade him for a stud on D and or a young goalie.

Our offense is still deep without Zach...

Kovalchuk Zajac Henrique
Sykora Elias Zubrus
Tedenby Josefson Clarkson
Palmieri Carter Boutlon

The idea of Lindback and Weber or Suter on this team would be great.

Edited by Zubie#8, 10 January 2012 - 04:47 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#84 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

his value at the deadline would be pretty slim - there's no "stud dman" coming for 2 months of parise.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#85 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

If we don't win at least one playoff round, chances are Parise will be partially to blame for it, just as he has been every other year we've underachieved in the playoffs. Zach hasn't exactly lit the world on fire in the postseasons he's been in, so maybe he should look in the fvcking mirror, eh?

Bang on.

#86 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

If we don't win at least one playoff round, chances are Parise will be partially to blame for it, just as he has been every other year we've underachieved in the playoffs. Zach hasn't exactly lit the world on fire in the postseasons he's been in, so maybe he should look in the fvcking mirror, eh?

he's a PPG guy in the playoffs other than his rookie year. he's been the least of the problems. the biggest problems in the playoffs have been brodeur and luck.

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-

#87 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

It's almost pretty easy to tell that when Parise is on the bench next to Kovalchuck he's like "Aw man, this guy is a tool." I seriously feel like Kovalchuck wants to try to adapt to Parise's style of play, but he's just trying too hard. Things have been better the last 16 games or so but the big picture is Parise being unhappy with Kovalchuck overall IMO. Which sucks because he should just play the game and not worry about it. That's what leaders do they make it work no matter what the situation is.

C'mon SMT3, you're reading way too much into this, lol complete speculation! sure theres a gap, but that gap is due to a soft spoken russian vs a golden spoon NHL baby. any frustration your reading is chemistry, and that can be remedied by a health travis

#88 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

We don't need Parise that money should be spent on defense.

#89 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

his value at the deadline would be pretty slim - there's no "stud dman" coming for 2 months of parise.

exactly, even before that the scenario would have to be perfect. too many factors would have to align. its not realistic

#90 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

lets not get spoiled yet! removing his scoring would but a serious dent in our offense

#91 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,275 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

he's a PPG guy in the playoffs other than his rookie year. he's been the least of the problems. the biggest problems in the playoffs have been brodeur and luck.

Zach had one good playoffs, mostly against a bad Tampa team when he was a secondary guy but hasn't done as well since he's become the main scorer.

Good luck with that, I have to parrot a Tri comment in that there are about seven guys worth spending real big money on and they don't generally become available.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#92 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

Tom Gulitti - Zach Parise: “I’ve said before, I’ve always liked to play in New Jersey. I want to stay here and nothing has changed.”
hes said this before, and hell say it again.. if hes lying or is saying that for this season.. we won't know until the signature
POTATO!!!

#93 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,785 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

ok lets focus on this and ignore the negative things

Per TGL
Zach Parise: “I’ve said before, I’ve always liked to play in New Jersey. I want to stay here and nothing has changed.”

www.SterioDesign.com

#94 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

I wonder how much effort players like Brodeur, Elias and Kovalchuk put in to try and convince a guy like Parise to stay.

#95 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

It's almost pretty easy to tell that when Parise is on the bench next to Kovalchuck he's like "Aw man, this guy is a tool."

Sorry man but this is Єklund (2.3% accurate)-level "make up bullsh!t to fit my agenda/idea/view".

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#96 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,619 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

Meh, I wouldn't call him the least of the problems. He's a scorer and his scoring hasn't been there when NJ has needed it. I'd give his playoff performances a B- or so.

If you like being depressed, here's something to check out:

http://www.hockey-re...order_by=points

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#97 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

C'mon SMT3, you're reading way too much into this, lol complete speculation! sure theres a gap, but that gap is due to a soft spoken russian vs a golden spoon NHL baby. any frustration your reading is chemistry, and that can be remedied by a health travis

True. I'm only basing it off once or twice they've been on camera on the bench together haha. But I'm telling you man I remember one time during a time out it looked like Kovy was trying to talk to him about something and Parise just seemed like really annoyed lol

I have no idea why you think that. They're doing just fine together right now, and I've never gotten the idea that there's any friction there. People see what they wanna see I guess.

Just a few instances I noticed on the bench.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#98 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

Parise is one of a kind player but yea I agree, if he doesn't want to be here let's trade him and get 2 solid D men. Defense wins championships!
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#99 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

If you like being depressed, here's something to check out:

http://www.hockey-re...order_by=points

oof. thanks for that. shows that zajac could stand to do a little more too.

20082719943.png
-

#100 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,275 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

True. I'm only basing it off once or twice they've been on camera on the bench together haha. But I'm telling you man I remember one time during a time out it looked like Kovy was trying to talk to him about something and Parise just seemed like really annoyed lol

Perhaps Zach had just missed a scoring chance and was pissed and Kovy was trying to encourage him? You can't tell anything by a snippet, other than creating a narrative you want (or fear).
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users