161 replies to this topic

#121 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

There's been a consistent amount of fan interest in Parise to Minnesota since... about this time last year, actually. It's all predicated on the idea that Parise is somehow going to be magically drawn to play hockey where he grew up. I think it's all bullsh!t personally, but you never know (think about it, would that be that large of a consideration for you personally, if you had the choice between a few job offers? To some it is [see: Brent Sutter :rolleyes:], but it's not that big of a deal to most.). He certainly hasn't said anything to give the hopeful speculation reason to continue, though.

I'd think that what his (soon to be, right?) wife wants is more important than where he grew up. It should be if he knows what's good for him, anyway. lol!

#122 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

We have a CLutterbuck in David Clarkson. I say Harding and Setoguchi for Zach and a pick.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#123 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

We have a CLutterbuck in David Clarkson. I say Harding and Setoguchi for Zach and a pick.

I would burn the Pru Center down myself if thats what we got in return.

If traded, I'd expect a #2 defense men or a #1/#2 center in return.

Weber from Nashville? Larsson and Weber patrolling the bluelines for years to come wouldnt be bad.

#124 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:37 PM

Did'ya see the smile on Zach's face tonight after scoring the winner in OT, and the hugs he got from Kovy and Elias? ... I think he's staying!!! :koolaid: :koolaid:

:boogie: :boogie: :dance: :dance:

#125 mort4345

mort4345

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:44 AM

Assuming Parise really wants to stay in N.J., what does the board think is a fair contract offer? I think going $8 mil a year is too steep (unless it's for a short-term contract of say 3-5 years - which wouldn't be my first choice). I'm thinking something of the order of an average cap hit of $7.4 for 8 years ($59.2 mil) is about what we can and should expect. Now, if Parise were to hit the open market, I'm sure he'd get $8 mil from some team. And quite honestly, I think his numbers/stats alone won't justify an extravagant contract. However, it's the little things he does and what he means to the heart of soul of this team that makes a mid $7-million annual offer justified. As of right now, I'm really not sure what to think as far as a timeline for signing. Simply put, what is Lou waiting for? Does he not want to negotiate during the season to back up past precedent? Is he waiting for more info as to the long-term salary cap projections? Is he waiting to see where the Devils are at regarding playoff positioning with regard to whether or not he'd even contemplate trading him? At this point, your guess is as good as mine. As usual, it's yet another potential soap opera. Sure it's intriguing on some levels. But man, it's really starting to get frustrating. But then again, what isn't frustrating about rooting for the Devils these days?

#126 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:15 AM

i dont know... i'd go something like 7 years 50m (7.1m cap) or 10 years 60m (6m cap)

what i hate is that meehan is obviously gonna compare with other players... but most of those guys with similar stats are way overpaid... not helping

what i'd like a guy like Zach do... is sign a "good contract" but not a contract where they are grinding to get TOP DOLLARS... not that i think that Zach doesnt deserves it, he does! But then when you have those HUGE contract and that you have a bad year or bad streak you have that in the back of your mind and if it goes real bad youre the one getting all the hate cause youre overpaid...

personally i'd go with something lighter but alright and that i'd feel okay with... guys like Richards/Carter never get bash about their contracts

Edited by SterioDesign, 12 January 2012 - 01:27 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#127 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

you can say that it really doesn't matter if Zach grew up in Minnesota or whatever, but when the guy's father comes out that confidently and says what he said, you gotta worry at least a little

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#128 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

If parise doesnt re-sign i'm personally going to vanderbeeks home and burning it down and pissing on the ashes for spending our money on kovi instead of the unquestionably more talented parise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCujz2HzE7M
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#129 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

If parise doesnt re-sign i'm personally going to vanderbeeks home and burning it down and pissing on the ashes for spending our money on kovi instead of the unquestionably more talented parise.

Parise is more talented than Kovy? Are you basing this off of career statistics or off of this year's performance? Because you're wrong based on both.. Koval-hate much? Can't blame you when a large portion of the fan base still hates on him excessively because, hey, there's gotta be a scapegoat

Edited by Colin226, 12 January 2012 - 03:47 PM.

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#130 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

Cool story bro Posted Image

#131 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

Parise is more talented than Kovy? Are you basing this off of career statistics or off of this year's performance? Because you're wrong based on both.. Koval-hate much? Can't blame you when a large portion of the fan base still hates on him excessively because, hey, there's gotta be a scapegoat

On the Fayne thread he wished Fayne to be injured. I called him out on it and then he launched into a tirade on me about how I am a loser since I have over 3,000 posts amongst other things. He is just an idiot.

#132 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

If Parise decides to go elsewhere, we have a bucket of money to spend on defense. It really isn't any more complicated than that to me. (It's a good thing I'm simple :) )

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#133 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:13 PM

Sick smiley bro. My 13 yr old sister uses them texting as well, you guys the same age?

Wwwwaaahhhh!!!!!

Dude you really showed me in that last post of yours. I mean I have no defense at all and you are so cool I wish one day I was like you. I wish I could come up with the great 15 year old taunts that you put up here and the great contributions you make here.

I wrote a little thing about how idiotic your posts are and then you come back with an entire huge rant about me in this thread and on the fayne thread and you are calling me the whiny Bitch? Haha go look in the mirror buddy.

Edited by DevsMan84, 12 January 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#134 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:47 PM

Sick smiley bro. My 13 yr old sister uses them texting as well, you guys the same age?

well just like when Mike Richard was a rookie and mouthing at Elias then Patty and Brylin told him he needed to shut his mouth and show respect to veterans that he was way too young and new to the game to act that way...

i think you should do the same dude

www.SterioDesign.com

#135 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

Nah, I'm 21, not that it's AT ALL relevant to anything. I figured that was all I needed to post because I knew everybody was going to lambaste you for your idiotic post anyway.

You threaten to burn down JVB's house if we don't sign ZP, citing the Kovalchuk contract (which has no bearing on whether or not we sign ZP.) You attack members because they call you out on your inane comments. You give no respect to Kovalchuk though this team would be nowhere without him this year. Why bother with you? You're wasting all our time.

Cue the "you're a jerk, look how many posts you have omg WOW no life" retort now. To save you the embarrassment, I have been here since 2005 and which gives me less than half a post per day on this site. So you can come up with something a little more original now.

Not to mention you claim Zach is "under appreciated here." That to me shows how clueless you truly are if you don't understand there is not one person on this board that does not want Zach Parise to be a Devil for life.

Edited by DevilsFanSteve30, 12 January 2012 - 09:07 PM.

#136 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

I'm 28 so I'm cooler! On topic.. Give Parise 7-7.5..maybe 8.. If he wants more let him walk. Pretty simple and I think everyone would agree.

#137 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

well just like when Mike Richard was a rookie and mouthing at Elias then Patty and Brylin told him he needed to shut his mouth and show respect to veterans that he was way too young and new to the game to act that way...

i think you should do the same dude

Good post but the issue with him as I see it is not new poster vs veteran poster. Instead it is jackass poster vs non-jackass poster. Post counts does not matter in this arguement.

#138 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:17 PM

Good post but the issue with him as I see it is not new poster vs veteran poster. Instead it is jackass poster vs non-jackass poster. Post counts does not matter in this arguement.

agreed... every post he has made has been "here's my opinion" followed by posts insulting anyone who disagrees.

#139 Joe B

Joe B

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:08 AM

How exactly are you sure he would sign if the team didn't sign kovy? Much rather have a chance of having both then a chance at not having either.
Joe

#140 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:43 AM

Why are Devil fans fighting amongst each other? :blahblah: Such a weird fvcking fan base man. People are going to have opinions so just realize how dumb you're acting when you get mad at someone for thinking or saying something different than you. Like for instance, I don't really like Debour and I think Marty should have retired 3 years ago...you can agree or disagree with what I'm saying but don't be an a$$hole about it it's so lame, especially on a forum when you don't have to worry about having some courage and confronting someone face to face. :blahblah:

Anyway..IF the Devils are going to sign Parise, then hopefully it's something super long term to make sure he retires a Devil.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users