60 replies to this topic

#41 Joe B

Joe B

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

at 1:43 into the game, after deb and the maven talk there is a shot of the group.

You can see the guy a few seats from me passed out.
Joe

#42 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:04 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Devils fans unite!! We takin over baby!!! Go Devils!! Jersey pride!!

Theres me with my green vuvuzela!! They took it away from me walkin to my seat. They let us in with it but take it away in the concourse and I didn't even blow it yet. Didn't matter we were loud enough that we drowned out all the Icelanders fans. That was a blast. Just watched the replay on MSG you can hear us easily!! That was some of the most fun I ever had at a hockey game!!! Thank you Jamie for organizing it and I had a blast with everyone on the bus!!!Let's Go Devils!!!!

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#43 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,006 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

Looks like a fun time, and you got to see a memorable win.

#44 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,232 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

Suffice it to say you guys made your presence felt...the "Moooooooooooooooose" chants were plenty loud on TV.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#45 Gunslinger27

Gunslinger27

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

Very Proud and Very Loud................... Rock on my brothers.....
#46 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

Theres me with my green vuvuzela!! They took it away from me walkin to my seat. They let us in with it but take it away in the concourse and I didn't even blow it yet. Didn't matter we were loud enough that we drowned out all the Icelanders fans. That was a blast. Just watched the replay on MSG you can hear us easily!! That was some of the most fun I ever had at a hockey game!!! Thank you Jamie for organizing it and I had a blast with everyone on the bus!!!Let's Go Devils!!!!

Yeah I had my Devil mask on and this security whore came and told me masks aren't allowed in the arena.. I said its not listed on the website and her reply was "It's an unwritten rule. What if you punched someone and tried to run out? We wouldn't be able to identify you"

So I was a bit of a smart ass before walking away lol.. What a joke of an arena
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#47 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,232 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

Yeah I had my Devil mask on and this security whore came and told me masks aren't allowed in the arena.. I said its not listed on the website and her reply was "It's an unwritten rule. What if you punched someone and tried to run out? We wouldn't be able to identify you"

I gotta admit, I do feel sorry for some old-time Islander fans...what they have seen their franchise become. They WERE the class of the NHL once upon a time.

I've only been to that arena to see a Grateful Dead show back in the early 90s, so suffice it to say my memories of that place are scant at best. Is it that bad?
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#48 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

I don't know i got after the trip, i guess i was abduct again by alians lol hahah.

But sure i had a great time

Tetando do meu HTC EVO

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#49 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

I gotta admit, I do feel sorry for some old-time Islander fans...what they have seen their franchise become. They WERE the class of the NHL once upon a time.

I've only been to that arena to see a Grateful Dead show back in the early 90s, so suffice it to say my memories of that place are scant at best. Is it that bad?

It is. I have a couple of friends who are season ticket holders so I've gone to a game here or there. The CAA was a nicer, newer arena than Nassau. They really, really need a new building. It's got a nice old hockey feel and I appreciate that at an AHL game, but not in the bigs.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#50 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,009 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

It really is an AHL arena for an NHL team, my joke was that it made the CAA (and MSG) look like a palace.

I've only been there once - the steps are uneven (like two little ones followed by one big one) so you have to look down when you're going up and down stairs or you'll trip on one, the concourse is cramped and there wasn't much of a variety in food selection. On the plus side, it wasn't as complicated driving in as I was led to believe and it was only ten dollars to park plus you got a few bucks back in food credit at the nearby hotel, so I wound up having a chicken fingers-fries there instead of eating anything at the arena. Basically it was around $15 for parking and dinner all told, not a terrible deal. I did have to walk like ten minutes from where I parked to the arena.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#51 devs82fan

devs82fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

it was fun..when's the next 1?

#52 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,202 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

I would have made you take it off too, in the same position.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#53 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

I want to extend a special thank you to Jaime and the Devils Army Generals. My first road game that I saw was a 6-1 Devils win over the Rangers at MSG in 2006 and Saturday's game blew that one away. I had so much fun and I hope we can all do it again sometime next year.
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#54 cj241

cj241

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

Sorry I haven't responded until now - I've been home with the flu all week. Thank you to everyone that came out and made this trip a great success! I look forward to planning the next one and I'm open to suggestions. I've heard both Philly and Washington - I'd prefer Washington (not a fan of Philly at all)...but again, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks again to all that came out!

#55 devs82fan

devs82fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

Sorry I haven't responded until now - I've been home with the flu all week. Thank you to everyone that came out and made this trip a great success! I look forward to planning the next one and I'm open to suggestions. I've heard both Philly and Washington - I'd prefer Washington (not a fan of Philly at all)...but again, I'm open to suggestions.

hi jamie,
can we go to MSG? it's always fun to see the devils play the rangers.

gina

#56 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

boston or montreal would be great.

#57 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

hi jamie,
can we go to MSG? it's always fun to see the devils play the rangers.

gina

Jaime did a MSG trip once.. Problem with it is that open tickets aren't in big enough clusters so we'd be all spread out.. Kinda defeats the strength in numbers.. I'd say The Caps or Bruins are our best bet.. I'd be up for Philly but I'm in the minority on that I think
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#58 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

FYI: You'll have to get the Washington tickets in the summer and expect to pay upwards of $75+ just for the ticket. If you did that trip I'd suggest making a whole-day event with time enough for sightseeing (ex. arrive at noon for a 7:00 p.m. start). There's no tailgating as Verizon is in the MSG mold of a downtown arena, but there's plenty of bars around the arena and quite a few have a GREAT beer selection.

#59 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

I'd be interested in a weekend in Pittsburgh, Boston, DC, or Montreal. See if we could get a block of hotel rooms together.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#60 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

FYI: You'll have to get the Washington tickets in the summer and expect to pay upwards of $75+ just for the ticket. If you did that trip I'd suggest making a whole-day event with time enough for sightseeing (ex. arrive at noon for a 7:00 p.m. start). There's no tailgating as Verizon is in the MSG mold of a downtown arena, but there's plenty of bars around the arena and quite a few have a GREAT beer selection.

You mean the Prudential Center mold ;)

I think it would be fun to train to DC like the Flyers did on 24/7 but that would be tough to coordinate
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users