90 replies to this topic

#21 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,130 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

As sad as it is , i am a bit dissapointed.

Patty should have been selected.

Nice to see Henrique and Larrson getting some recongnition.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#22 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

i did say "pretty much", but you see TG's tweets saying that getting snubbed means tons more to fans than the players. For reasons Triumph mentioned before, these guys absolutely welcome the break. For younger guys, this is no doubt a thrill. for guys like kovalchuk and elias who have been to a ton of them, i'm sure they're glad they can be with their family and away from hockey.

I don't think any of them are dying to go but I do think they would have liked to do it. As mentioned in my last post, they would never say it but I think they secretly hope to be picked. It's a stupid game but being around the other stars on a night of celebration is a good feeling. Its not so much playing in the game as it is being there as an all-star.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#23 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

whatever, kovy and parise had a slow start and although they picked it up, this isn't completely surprising.

Henrique is going to do work and im glad we at least got 2 rookies in there

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#24 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

whatever, kovy and parise had a slow start and although they picked it up, this isn't completely surprising.

Henrique is going to do work and im glad we at least got 2 rookies in there

So awesome for them and Henrique will stand out on the big stage I hope...I however hate the rookie selection thing.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#25 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=76666

No Devils selected to the game. I would've liked to have seen Elias there. We have to settle for Henrique and Larsson as All-Star rookies.

How Kovy or Patty aren't there is quite astonishing.

#26 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

How Kovy or Patty aren't there is quite astonishing.

its seriously because of that rule that every team gets to have at least one player in. it screws things up when people like Logan Couture get in

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#27 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

The annual game with every good players with a chance to get hurt while this "game" doesn't count! Glad no one got picked aside from the 2 rookies. the rest can rest up for the epic run to the playoffs - where it COUNTS!

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#28 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:47 PM

It really isn't that big of a deal that none of them are going, but the "more rest" and "it's an exhibition game anyway" type of comments strike me as being justifications after the fact. We shouldn't be mad that none of them are going, but... come on, the Devils should have representation on the team.

#29 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

This is probably the worst all star lineup ever. Im not even annoyed that there isn't a devil in the lineup, cause we get to see henrique and larsson in the skills comp (which is better than the game imo) but some of these players should never be called "all stars." Wideman, edler, girardi, campbell, tavaras, pominville, lupul, couture, benn, and price are all good players but none of them are all stars.

#30 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

It really isn't that big of a deal that none of them are going, but the "more rest" and "it's an exhibition game anyway" type of comments strike me as being justifications after the fact. We shouldn't be mad that none of them are going, but... come on, the Devils should have representation on the team.

I always liked the skills competition, but the All-Star game usually sucks. They are just boring score-fests and honestly it is more like meh. Since the WC came in, I care more about that game than the All-Star Game.

#31 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:59 PM

fvck that

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#32 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

This is probably the worst all star lineup ever. Im not even annoyed that there isn't a devil in the lineup, cause we get to see henrique and larsson in the skills comp (which is better than the game imo) but some of these players should never be called "all stars." Wideman, edler, girardi, campbell, tavaras, pominville, lupul, couture, benn, and price are all good players but none of them are all stars.

Girardi's been the best player on d for the top team in the conference. Campbell's having a big time year for a suddenly big time team. JT's putting up good numbers. Couture looks really good, I know we don't watch the west coast, but he's a good player and we're gonna see him for awhile. It's sour grapes to bash these guys, especially considering our big 3 are all borderline. Ottawa stuffing the ballot is a little inconvenient, but I'm not bashing any of the guys who are there. Especially after Elias got in last year.

Edited by mouse, 12 January 2012 - 03:05 PM.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#33 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

I always liked the skills competition, but the All-Star game usually sucks. They are just boring score-fests and honestly it is more like meh. Since the WC came in, I care more about that game than the All-Star Game.

You'll get no argument from me about the game, but... I said it somewhere earlier, the all-star game is not for fans like us, and I'm fine with that.
It's still a problem that none of the Devils star players are going.

That, and I agree with njd3b1ink. This is a bad all-star team all around, for both conferences. Again, like I said in the other thread (I think that was about ballot stuffing), it's not that big of a deal but it is annoying.

#34 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

Oh well.. More rest for Zach, Kovy, and Elias.. Good exposure for our young stars

True enough, and it's even more of an excuse for me to ignore it although it's ironic that Elias went last year and not this year, when he deserved it more this year. Just goes to show how having one rep from every team leads to goofy results.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#35 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

Do you want to win the ASG or the cup? lol

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#36 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

So we got snubbed, and who else?? Carolina, Columbus, Colorado, Edmonton I think thats it

While, in reality, its no big deal to have not 1 of our players actually in the game, it does show how the NHL feels about certain teams. It's no coincidence that we get lumped in with these other teams who they could give a flying F about. If the Rangers were in our position and you exchanged our roster for theirs, Parise and Kovy definitely would be playing in that game.
Posted Image

#37 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

True enough, and it's even more of an excuse for me to ignore it although it's ironic that Elias went last year and not this year, when he deserved it more this year. Just goes to show how having one rep from every team leads to goofy results.

But we don't have a rep. ... Or does that include the rookies?

#38 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

This
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#39 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

And we're not winning the cup this year.

#40 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

The cup, of course. But having or not having a rep at the ASG isn't going to make a bit of difference to our playoff chances, one way or another (the Devils chances, that is). The ASG is all about team and individual player exposure. As Devils fans, we should want the team to get as much exposure as possible.

The problem here is:

While, in reality, its no big deal to have not 1 of our players actually in the game, it does show how the NHL feels about certain teams. It's no coincidence that we get lumped in with these other teams who they could give a flying F about. If the Rangers were in our position and you exchanged our roster for theirs, Parise and Kovy definitely would be playing in that game.

Agreed.

---

And we're not winning the cup this year.

Any team that makes the playoffs has a shot. That's been proven true for decades.
The Devils are not the Canucks or the Bruins, but they are competitive despite all of "the sky is falling!" fan comments this year and last.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users