90 replies to this topic

#41 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

It isn't even like anyone of them really got snubbed. Anyone who thinks so, what's your case? Sure you can list where they are now in individual scoring, but the NHL has been planning this for a week or two now, and a few Devils have got hot to move way up in the list. Even so, with the rules in place, I can't argue that any Devil deserves to be there.

The Oilers were told today that Eberle would have been an all-star if he didn't get hurt anyway. Looking at the teams with multiple all-stars, did any Devil deserve to be there over Toews, Lupul, or Seguin. I don't think so? The only case to be made is a Devil over Kane and even then that is picking hairs. And Kane may have only got a spot because Eberle couldn't go, and his name rings out as a star.

As for the names not sounding all-star...well the NHL clearly tried a bit with Ovechkin getting a spot over Backstrom that he didn't deserve. I guess they could have selected Vanek over Pominville, but that wouldn't have been right.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#42 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

We probably also got penalized by the NHL another first rounder for not having an all-star

Edited by devlman, 12 January 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#43 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

The fewer Devils that go, the better. Those minute munchers need all the rest they can get.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#44 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:20 PM

Would rather have our rookies in it so they get some league exposure but no one else--neither Kovy nor Zach is having an "all star" season I think and Elias is too old to be too popular.

#45 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,679 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

it doesnt matter and im actually glad Zach is not going.... he wont be chilling with other guys telling him how cool is it to play with their teams and lure him to consider leaving lol

yes im paranoid but its kinda true

www.SterioDesign.com

#46 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

it doesnt matter and im actually glad Zach is not going.... he wont be chilling with other guys telling him how cool is it to play with their teams and lure him to consider leaving lol

yes im paranoid but its kinda true

I for one would hate to see him leave,but what do the Devils offer him that other teams can't...meaning WHY would he not want to go to a team that has a better chance of winning a cup in the near future (3-4 years)
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#47 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,679 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

why would Iginla stick in calgary... Nash in Colombus... Gorges in Mtl... etc etc... some guys are loyal and i'd assume Zach to be the same... i dont think he's desperate yet... he has plenty of years in front of him

www.SterioDesign.com

#48 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

did anyone actually vote? you can only vote 3 forwards and 2 defense and a goalie, am i going to pick elias and parise and kovy? no and im going to pick hanky? yes for reasons already said.
Posted Image

#49 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

Our 3 stars have already been there done that. As a fan I'd like to see them in the skills competition. but kovy has a home being built, Zach is getting married shortly, and patty is a senior citizen so they all will enjoy the time off

#50 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:38 PM

Good now I finally have a reason to not watch the All Star game. Giant wankfest if you ask me.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#51 robdeselich88

robdeselich88

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

erkkkk, i think i'll be watching the AHL allstar game to see our boy TAO...
img]http://jerseydatabase.com/sig/temp.png?ran=987145633[/img]

#52 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:28 PM

one thing that really annoys me is no Rinne in the All-star game. IMO Rinne is the best goalie in the NHL.
25smul5.png

#53 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

Jason Pomminville got selected over Kovy/Patty?

#54 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:40 PM

Still disappointed... I like watching Devils in the All-Star game.
Most people seem to get this... but for those wondering: Every team has to be represented by at least one player in the All-Star OR the Rookies game.
Posted Image

#55 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:18 PM

I thought that they (the league) dumped that rule.

#56 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

I thought that they (the league) dumped that rule.

Its hard to actually find the rule somewhere... I Googled it and this SportNet article came up where the writer says having all teams represented is a requirement. http://www.sportsnet...allstar_roster/

They did used to need to have a player from each team in the main all star game.
Posted Image

#57 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

wierd.

Well, whatever. I'm over it anyway.

#58 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

Elias is the only Devil they should have made it. But having the Sens first line starting is a travesty. The fans should NOT be allowed to vote.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#59 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

meh

It's for those kinds of fans, so whatever. If they want to see their own first line up in Ottawa enough to stuff ballot boxes for them , then more power to 'em.

#60 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:16 AM

Elias is the only Devil they should have made it. But having the Sens first line starting is a travesty. The fans should NOT be allowed to vote.

lol what??

the all-star game is solely for the fans... of course they should be able to vote. It should be obvious that the all star game is "represented by whoever the fans want to see", so of course they are gonna get to vote

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users