Patrick Kane was the best last night.

#82 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

Anyone else feel like the draft results were decided a few days before the actual draft?? Some interviews with players make it seem like the players knew a lot ahead of time.

#83 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:17 PM

I also got a kick out of Price last night. He seemed to be having a ball. I was dieing when he was facing the glass in net.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#84 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

i didnt really like the skills breakaway challenge... i'd like if they'd really try to make crazy moves like Tavares was trying or moves like this...

i dont like when they use props... its not about skills anymore its about who's putting on the best show (its not "bad" but those guys have crazy skills i'd rather see what they can really do)

www.SterioDesign.com

#85 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,992 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

Probably within 5 years. Only 5 cities that haven't hosted yet.

Although, New Jersey did host the game once in the mid-80s in East Rutherford. ... Next year's game will be in Columbus.

I'm still bummed out that there are no Devils there this year. We always used to have at least one or two representatives. Yes, I know the game doesn't mean jack. But I still enjoy seeing our best mix it up with the rest of the league's best. Hopefully next season we'll have a player or two go.

Edited by 95Crash, 29 January 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#86 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

Although, New Jersey did host the game once in the mid-80s in East Rutherford. ... Next year's game will be in Columbus.

I'm still bummed out that there are no Devils there this year. We always used to have at least one or two representatives. Yes, I know the game doesn't mean jack. But I still enjoy seeing our best mix it up with the rest of the league's best. Hopefully next season we'll have a player or two go.

Yea, I still think Newark will have it within 5 years. We have one of the newer arenas in the league. The NHL will want to have most teams/cities have it before repeating. (I know they've repeated before, but not recently.)

#87 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

Just saw this on puck daddy, the locker room malfunction:

http://l.yimg.com/bt...892627-copy.jpg

That would be Brian Campbell in the background and obviously Datsyuk signing an auto. :giggle: NSFW I Guess

Edited by Quinn01, 29 January 2012 - 04:28 PM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#88 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

Yea, I still think Newark will have it within 5 years. We have one of the newer arenas in the league. The NHL will want to have most teams/cities have it before repeating. (I know they've repeated before, but not recently.)

I see the draft coming to Newark before the ASG comes. The problem with the ASG is its only played 3 in 4 years due to the Olympics which cuts down on opportunities. Then you have the issue of tradition laden teams wanting to celebrate annaversaries (ex. Montreal, Toronto, Boston, Detroit, Philly) wanting to grab the game. Out of all of the teams with "new" arenas that are older and thus would probably come before NJ you have Chicago, Washington, Anaheim, St. Louis, all which are sexier and better equiped sites than Newark.

Lastly you need convention center space to house the NHL Fan Fest, hotels, and other festivities within a short distance away from the venue. Newark doesn't have this downtown. Even with the new Courtyard that'll mean 1 good (Hilton)and 1 diecent hotel downtown with all of the good hotels at the airport or in Jersey City.

I can see the ASG and draft going to venues where teams not sexy enough for NBC to be part of the Winter Classic get some run and the Devils certainly quailfy for that description. I just see the draft being a lot easier to pull-off for Newark between it being very accessable for Europeans, hotels at the airport, no need for massive fan-fest or massive corporate schmoozing.

#89 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

I see the draft coming to Newark before the ASG comes. The problem with the ASG is its only played 3 in 4 years due to the Olympics which cuts down on opportunities. Then you have the issue of tradition laden teams wanting to celebrate annaversaries (ex. Montreal, Toronto, Boston, Detroit, Philly) wanting to grab the game. Out of all of the teams with "new" arenas that are older and thus would probably come before NJ you have Chicago, Washington, Anaheim, St. Louis, all which are sexier and better equiped sites than Newark.

Lastly you need convention center space to house the NHL Fan Fest, hotels, and other festivities within a short distance away from the venue. Newark doesn't have this downtown. Even with the new Courtyard that'll mean 1 good (Hilton)and 1 diecent hotel downtown with all of the good hotels at the airport or in Jersey City.

I can see the ASG and draft going to venues where teams not sexy enough for NBC to be part of the Winter Classic get some run and the Devils certainly quailfy for that description. I just see the draft being a lot easier to pull-off for Newark between it being very accessable for Europeans, hotels at the airport, no need for massive fan-fest or massive corporate schmoozing.

We could use NJPAC, but that might be a little tight...

#90 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,992 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

I agree, the draft would probably come to Newark first. Columbus hosted the draft a few years back and handled it well. Supposedly, that is one of the reasons -- along with a new Hilton that is being built nearby -- that the league is letting them host the ASG next year.

#91 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:01 AM

Anyone else feel like the draft results were decided a few days before the actual draft?? Some interviews with players make it seem like the players knew a lot ahead of time.

I doubt it, I don't think these guys are good enough actors to pull off the draft show if it wasn't genuine.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users