62 replies to this topic

#61 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,722 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

Koosman couldn't even get the starting day of training camp correctly in his original piece, FFS.
From the way that the team reacted after the one story (In December?) I'm pretty convinced that Koosman is talking out of his butt.

Because we know the team wouldn't have any reason to lie. I hate to keep going back to this but I heard denials from the Mets for two years about how they were in trouble financially, even when all the evidence showed they were until they finally had to acknowledge it before this offseason.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#62 titleofusername98

titleofusername98

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:50 AM

you've alsogotta think about this. A sports team usually isn't a profitable venture for any business or company. it's really only a benefit to the town and it's tourism. plus it's the mets. just wrap your brain around that.
Posted Image

#63 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:06 AM

Koosman just wrote another piece for the Post yesterday, by the way.
And no, there's really nothing new in it. He's speculating now that the NHL is floating the Devils money to make payroll (based on what, I have no idea), which everyone is denying (well, it seems as though they're ignoring him more than anything, but the denials are there nonetheless).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users