All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:47 PM

Lol aww you're so cute.

Xoxoxoxo
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#322 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

Wow! You must have no life. :whistling: :rolleyes: :giggle:

I really don't have a life! I just go to work and watch hockey all day, and usually drink my face off. But what's that got to do with my post count?? Posted Image

I mean, I had stopped posting and was just lurking for the past few years, but I needed a place to talk Devils hockey again. Being that the only other Devils fans I know are acquaintances and my Dad I needed a place to chat it up again. So I've been racking em' up lately but like Quinn, a lot of my posts are just in the GDT's...

@Devils Dose, agree with your points. It would be awesome to send a statement and beat both Boston and Philly this weekend but let's be real, these are both good hockey teams and we've won 5 out of our past 6. We can't expect to win every game! I'd love to see us win both but I'd be happy to see us win either (if I had to choose, let's beat the piss out of Philly!). As long as they come out and play some good hockey I'll be happy with it. We're playing well lately, and even if we lose a game they have shown all year that they know how to respond.

As for the "GUYS IT WAS JUST WINNIPEG" I don't buy it. You need to give credit where it is due. If the Jets beat us, do you think their fans would be like "Well guys, don't get too excited, they were missing Zajac, Henrique, and Greene so we really accomplished nothing." They shutout a redhot Senators team the night before. Every hockey game is a battle and when you win one decisively it's best to just enjoy it rather than detract from it.

#323 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

@Devils Dose, agree with your points. It would be awesome to send a statement and beat both Boston and Philly this weekend but let's be real, these are both good hockey teams and we've won 5 out of our past 6. We can't expect to win every game! I'd love to see us win both but I'd be happy to see us win either (if I had to choose, let's beat the piss out of Philly!). As long as they come out and play some good hockey I'll be happy with it. We're playing well lately, and even if we lose a game they have shown all year that they know how to respond.

I agree, which is exactly what I was saying earlier.
As for the Bruins, I'll be happy if we keep it within a goal. Philly is the real target here though. We need the Devils not to get too caught up with Boston so that they're ready to battle with the Flyers.

As for the "GUYS IT WAS JUST WINNIPEG" I don't buy it. You need to give credit where it is due. If the Jets beat us, do you think their fans would be like "Well guys, don't get too excited, they were missing Zajac, Henrique, and Greene so we really accomplished nothing." They shutout a redhot Senators team the night before. Every hockey game is a battle and when you win one decisively it's best to just enjoy it rather than detract from it.

I understand where you're coming from on this, and I don't really disagree. However... I mean, you can just tell that the Jet's were gassed as soon as the puck was dropped for the opening faceoff. They just didn't show up for that game. Not that I'm complaining, I'm just saying that there's some merit to the "let's not get over excited about this" comments.

#324 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

I understand where you're coming from on this, and I don't really disagree. However... I mean, you can just tell that the Jet's were gassed as soon as the puck was dropped for the opening faceoff. They just didn't show up for that game. Not that I'm complaining, I'm just saying that there's some merit to the "let's not get over excited about this" comments.

But no one here EVER accepts that as an excuse when we lose a back to back game - why is it a cop out for the opponent when they face us?

I mean to clarify, am I ecstatic we beat up on the Jets - no. I am more excited about how the Devils played, if that makes sense.

Edited by DevilsFanSteve30, 18 January 2012 - 09:19 PM.

#325 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

It's different when it's your own team!
:D

Seriously though, I accept it... not as an excuse (and I don't think it's an excuse for the Jet's either), but at least as an explanation.
Conditioning is usually the primary issue that most people talk about, with this.

But yea, I'm pretty happy about the way the Devil's played as well. Not so much that they dominated, but that they never seemed to have let up. That "killer instinct" is a good trait for a team to develop. That, and I'm really happy that the team was able to take advantage of the opportunity here to put some distance between themselves and their opponents who are below them.

#326 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:08 PM

Thank you goons for ruining the last few breaths of this glorious GDT. :glare:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#327 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

Since we were talking about it earlier in this thread:

The aftermath of Taylor Hall's accident
Posted Image

yeesh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic