23 replies to this topic

#21 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:43 AM

What hurts the Islanders is (still) Mike Milbury.
I mean comeon... Louongo is still playing (for another team), if nothing else.

#22 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

What hurts the Isles; they have been a sh!t team forever now (with a spot playoff appearance here and there). I know a lot more Islander fans in the NY area, than I do Devs fans... but you don't show up to watch a sh!tty team, and you don't watch them on tv... Try years of November 2010 Devils hockey... it's going to hurt.

I think we're fine... the new arena is much easier to get to for me, although I still don't want to hang out in Newark which is disappointing. I'm very much get to the parking garage, walk to the stadium, get back to the car... or train... but I tend to drive in. I don't think we'd sell out every night though - even with a 00-01 squad on the ice. But the playoff revenue would definitely help :)

We really need to keep Zach - or somehow replace him; which won't happen. Kovy is doing great now, but snipers are streaky. But its fun watching the Devils play, no doubt.

In all honesty dude this is your own fault.. With Uber Burger, BCBnG, Loft 47, and Edison Ale House all within 10 yards of the building there is literally no excuse to go straight from your car into the arena.. I understand the crime statistics in Newark but they rarely happen in that area of the city, and can you name me one time someone was robbed or assaulted before/after attending a game?

Edited by Colin226, 18 January 2012 - 10:58 AM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#23 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,948 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:04 AM

Speaking of ESPN, i was passing by a TV that had it on the other day and when I first saw it it was "Around the Horn" and they were talking hockey. When I looked again 5 minutes later...they were still talking hockey, it was a bit of shock to me. Has anyone noticed more attention being payed to the NHL by ESPN because I haven't tuned in, in years?

Im sure they were talking about some brawl that happened, or whether the glow-puck should come back.

#24 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

or whether the glow-puck should come back.

:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users