Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

https://twitter.com/#!/ChrisBottaNHL/status/159486867325202433

Chris Botta
@ChrisBottaNHL

(Since it won't make my newspaper) Tortorella: "I have my owner talking about the Stanley Cup. That's a bunch of bullsh!t."

:blink:

:giggle: I think?
What do you make of that?

Edited by ohms law, 17 January 2012 - 11:26 PM.

#2 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

Probably as in, it's too early to even be talking about the playoffs, let alone the Stanley Cup.

That'd be my guess

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#3 Dadds

Dadds

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:36 AM

THE PLAYOFFS?! DON'T TALK ABOUT THE PLAYOFFS! YOU KIDDING ME! PLAYOFFS?!
"I think I'm going to become a Devils fan so they start never winning again." A sad flyers fan

"**** this. NJ might as well be allowed to build a brick wall in front of the net and let Marty sit on the bench. Would be no difference" A sad penguins fan

#4 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:29 AM

ah hah!

John Tortorella not amused by Rangers owner James Dolan’s Stanley Cup talk

#5 Guadana

Guadana

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:17 AM

not metter what do you think about rags
but tort is a man. man with the balls
good reaction
best jersey - jersey without surnames - only with numbers

#6 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

Gotta love that organization. They are already patting themselves on the back, 40 games from the playoffs. I think they're already planning the cup celebration.

#7 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:38 AM

not metter what do you think about rags
but tort is a man. man with the balls
good reaction

Tortorella is an unprofessional idiot. When his teams lose, everyone hates him because of his antics. When he wins, everyone thinks his gritty style is genius.

What's funny is that Tortorella can't stand Avery, yet he is a coaching-world version of him.

#8 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:43 AM

This is hilarious. Talking about the Cup in January... smart

#9 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:48 AM

Tortorella is an unprofessional idiot. When his teams lose, everyone hates him because of his antics. When he wins, everyone thinks his gritty style is genius.

What's funny is that Tortorella can't stand Avery, yet he is a coaching-world version of him.

Hate Tortorella all you want, the man can coach. He did a fine job with a lot of young players in Tampa with a couple of vets sprinkled in, and he's doing the same with the Rangers.

This is hilarious. Talking about the Cup in January... smart

Which is why he was right to shoot down Dolan's premature talk of one.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#10 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:58 AM

Hate Tortorella all you want, the man can coach. He did a fine job with a lot of young players in Tampa with a couple of vets sprinkled in, and he's doing the same with the Rangers.

I don't hate him at all, the man is simply as unprofessional as it gets. But again, "the man can coach" is something that is said about every coach during a winning season. Read some of the Rangers message boards from the past few years to hear what the fans thought of him when the team wasn't winning. Better yet, read some Tampa fan comments from the years after the cup win (which was miraculous in itself).

#11 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:13 AM

I don't hate him at all, the man is simply as unprofessional as it gets. But again, "the man can coach" is something that is said about every coach during a winning season. Read some of the Rangers message boards from the past few years to hear what the fans thought of him when the team wasn't winning. Better yet, read some Tampa fan comments from the years after the cup win (which was miraculous in itself).

Not every coach that has a winning season has a Cup on their resume. Calling it a miracle is silly.

You guys can't have it both ways, you can't say the team stinks and is overachieving, then give the coach no credit for 'that'.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#12 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:49 AM

this is how i think of the dolt...would you want him as your coach? thats a big HELL NO

the rags are so image concscious they mistake real talk for a real coach
Posted Image

#13 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:49 AM

Its a funny quote, but its taken out of context.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#14 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,445 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:53 AM

tortorella's unprofessionalness, if that's a word (and i don't think it is), rarely extends past the media. the water bottle incident was indeed as unprofessional as it gets, but i think he's a fine coach.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#15 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

Tortorella is an unprofessional idiot. When his teams lose,everyone hates him because of his antics. When he wins, everyone thinks his gritty style is genius.

I go along with this
in fact there were a bunch of threads this year (and last year) by Rags fans saying Tort's is no good, he must go, he's not the right coach for NY etc, etc, etc........now that they're in first place everything has changed. Lets see what people are saying in April/May/June

Edited by hargsy, 18 January 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#16 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

tortorella's unprofessionalness, if that's a word (and i don't think it is), rarely extends past the media. the water bottle incident was indeed as unprofessional as it gets, but i think he's a fine coach.

I never said he's a bad coach, but I also don't think he's a great coach like some are saying he is. He's a decent coach, but that goes to sh!t when he has his temper tantrums and starts throwing dumb comments left and right. He is irritable and he has mood swings. There have been some problems between him and his players in the past (Avery the most obvious), and I'm sure it will only continue until he is eventually thrown out of New York. You only need to watch HBO's 24/7 this year to see how crazy he gets after every one of the opposition's goals. This is a coach who can ride a good (or streaky) team, but can't get more out of them when they aren't performing well, which in my opinion is the mark of a good coach. If you see what fans have to say about Tortorella any years other than this year, you'll hear the same.

I go along with this
in fact there were a bunch of threads this year (and last year) by Rags fans saying Tort's is no good, he must go, he's not the right coach for NY etc, etc, etc........now that they're in first place everything has changed. Lets see what people are saying in April/May/June

Exactly. The Rangers are overperforming and sitting pretty at the top of the NHL and suddenly Tortorella is a genius. Please.

#17 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

Dolon obviously loves him though.
It's a business thing. Success breeds forgiveness, and measures of success or failure are so obvious in sports that it kinda amplifies everything.

#18 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

This kinda puts a different (similar?) spin on things:

Devils begin playoff drive, or 'sprint to the finish'

“I think the term I used is it’s a sprint here to the finish and we’re in that sprint part,” DeBoer said today. “Unless you’re one of the teams at the very top or the very bottom, the other 25 teams are all in that push to the finish line. I know it sounds early to be talking about it, but it’s not.”

It does sound awfully early to be talking about this. At least DeBoer is just talking about the importance of getting every point possible, though.

#19 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

this just could bite the owner in the ass.

#20 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

Rangers have a trip to Boston on Saturday afternoon. Don't ya think Dolan's quote might be up in the locker room of the Stanley Cup champs? I'm sure they'll be thrilled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users