42 replies to this topic

#41 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

I agree with the Hockey IQ of Elias, he seems to just glid past other players, making small turns as they fly past him as he goes up the ice. It is quite comical at times to see him make it as he doesnt even need to try to get past other players and make a great play happen. Not flashy at all but more effective than flash anyday!

All i really need to say regarding Elias can be summed up by this -->. :hail:

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#42 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

I agree with the Hockey IQ of Elias, he seems to just glid past other players, making small turns as they fly past him as he goes up the ice. It is quite comical at times to see him make it as he doesnt even need to try to get past other players and make a great play happen. Not flashy at all but more effective than flash anyday!

All i really need to say regarding Elias can be summed up by this -->. :hail:

Lol, You def summed it up better than I could. I kind of went on a tangent on my love for Elias...

#43 brickwall30

brickwall30

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

I went to college in Philadelphia. Let me put it this way, judging by their sports talk radio, Elias is anything but forgettable to Flyers fans and they appreciate how good he is.

This is very true. I've lived in PA for 12 years now and ALWAYS philly fans recognized Elias as a great player. I think that may have been mostly because of all the backbreaking goals he scored against them in the playoffs through the championship years of the franchise, but they have definitly always given him his due. I would have to say a good portion of the blame for him being largely unrecognized in the eyes of the league is because all the other teams in the league don't see him as often. Philly, more than any other team (other than us obviously) has really been the only team to feel the full impact of what Elias can do as a player. The Rangers were trash for most of Elias' career and so probably just want to ingore everything they saw, ditto islanders, ditto penguins.

Forget the All-Star Game, It will truely be a travisty if Elias isn't chosen to go to the hall of fame. Part of one of the most dynamic lines of all time, eventually 1000+ point getter, 2 time cup champion (and hopefully more before he retires) and all while being blatently ignored by the VAST majority of analysts and fans that don't watch him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users