244 replies to this topic

#21 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

Also for those of you who are going to the game tonight, I offer you a challenge:

When the Devils score and the You Suck cheers are over, those few seconds of pure silence when everyone is settling back down, chant SOMEBODY LEFT THE GATE OPEENNNNNNNNNNN! My mission is to get this into a new chant form at the games. Ill be at the game on the 31st with some friends and we are going to do it.

Right on. Would be the best thing ever.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#22 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

Also for those of you who are going to the game tonight, I offer you a challenge:

When the Devils score and the You Suck cheers are over, those few seconds of pure silence when everyone is settling back down, chant SOMEBODY LEFT THE GATE OPEENNNNNNNNNNN! My mission is to get this into a new chant form at the games. Ill be at the game on the 31st with some friends and we are going to do it.

PLEASE, for the love of god, NNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!! That commercial drives me f'in nuts as it is. Having to deal with it at the game might make me jump off the balcony level. :rant: In all seriousness, that commercial sucks and makes my 3 year old ask me (like 30 times per game since it is on every commercial break), "how is she going to get down, daddy?"

Let's Go Devils!!! Beat the teddy Bears.
Posted Image

#23 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

PLEASE, for the love of god, NNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!! That commercial drives me f'in nuts as it is. Having to deal with it at the game might make me jump off the balcony level. :rant: In all seriousness, that commercial sucks and makes my 3 year old ask me (like 30 times per game since it is on every commercial break), "how is she going to get down, daddy?"

LMAO...I wonder a lot of things about that commercial.

#24 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

This would be great. You need something leading up to it though so people know when to do it. haha.
Would be cool if it was legal to bring in a cymbal and roll like it does in the song. otherwise get everyone to say "Duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh- SOMEBODY LEFT THE GATE OPENNNNNN

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=l0ot-LlyyCY

Yeah, just in that video I always cringe when you see them standing how many thousands of feet up, no guardrails, handholds whatever, and all you got is your own sense of balance and that rope to stop you from freefalling?! wouldn't be me standing up there.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#25 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:26 PM

LMAO...I wonder a lot of things about that commercial.

I have no idea how I can honestly answer his question. I want to say, hopefully she falls off the cliff so I never have to see this commercial again, but I can't say that for obvious reasons.

The best part about it is, my kid is a ball buster and he asks the same question every time because he knows I hate the commercial. My wife just laughs and says that he gets that trait from me and I deserve it.
Posted Image

#26 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:51 PM

Agreed, it's annoying and I'd rather not give them free advertising.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#27 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

Yeah...if that chant becomes a regular at the Rock...I aint going to anymore games, I hate that friggen commercial and song now.

#28 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

This is a big statement game. Gotta come out flying.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:15 PM

For those of you who saw the video I posted up of Taylor Hall catching a skate to the face during warmups on Tuesday night, he said he is "Feeling better."

Posted Image

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#30 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

Lou Lams driving the zamboni: 5
Baby Bruins: 2.

This predicition did not do well last time, but I'm feeling better this time around.

LGD!

For those of you who saw the video I posted up of Taylor Hall catching a skate to the face during warmups on Tuesday night, he said he is "Feeling better."

Posted Image

He looks like a $2 steak though.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#31 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:28 PM

Man, that is tough to look at. Look's like Frankenstein or someone put a zipper on his head. It's amazing that the more teams don't require their players to wear helmets in warmups (I believe the Devils require it).
Posted Image

#32 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

Posted Image

He still looks better than Bobby Holik at his best.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#33 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:44 PM

Looking at the head to head, the Devils need to score first, and go into the first intermission with a lead..

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#34 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

Looking at the head to head, the Devils need to score first, and go into the first intermission with a lead..

This. I feel pretty confident with this team going into the game tonight but I agree, they need to score first and quick. The first period is going to be the toughest period.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#35 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

Is that stastically true against any team though?

I'm not looking for a domiant first period... I just want a complete 60, 65 minute game... where we can hold our heads up the next day... win or lose. That last game against them was embarrassing and I cringed turning on XM the next day... or reading here, etc.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#36 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,157 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

for some reasons Bruins fans doesnt want Thomas to start since he's struggling lately

in his last 6 games he had 1goal against twice, 3goals against once and 4 goals against 3 times... which is the first time of the season he's letting more than 3 goals... i think they are overeacting a bit lol

but wtv... im up for another 4 goals against on Thomas tnight, CMON BOYZ

www.SterioDesign.com

#38 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

but wtv... im up for another 4 goals against on Thomas tnight, CMON BOYZ

Think bigger. 4 against Thomas, FIVE against Rask :D

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#39 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

I cannot say how much this game means about where our team is right now and whether we are the real deal or not.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#40 Guadana

Guadana

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

Hey You
Thomas`s mask
You have no cover for shelter
You
Chara`s a$$