#161 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

Rich Chere just said it best:

"There can be no doubt that the Boston Bruins have an extra gear which the [rest of the league] are unable to match."
*SMDH*

Forgot the link: http://www.nj.com/de...n_bruins_3.html

Edited by ohms law, 19 January 2012 - 10:10 PM.

#162 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

thats how i am with kovy...not a fan and not a hater...thats how he plays too

im all for moose vs rangers

i just dont want to see a game over with time left and 3-1 no matter who we play
Posted Image

#163 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,646 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

First goal you can't blame Marty. He couldn't even see it. Second goal was on the PK, and if you blame him there too you're pretty lame. Third goal he did let up a rebound, but the play was so frantic can you blame him? Where was the defense in front of the net? People here are dumb. We only scored ONE goal against the best team in the league. That's never going to cut it.

Not in today's NHL. And you definitely can't allow those kinds of chances for the Bruins of all teams...they will capitalize.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#164 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:14 PM

we need to trade for Hynoski

im not the only giants fan here
Posted Image

#165 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:18 PM

last thought on those 3rd periods, they tend to be games in which we dont really score anyway, obviously, so yeah yeah didnt clarky have the lone goal last bruins game that just wont do it.
Posted Image

#166 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:23 PM

In all seriousness what else does this team need within the next 2-3 years in order to beat teams like the Bruins and Rangers? Besides outstanding goaltending. The top 6 teams in the NHL all have that, including the two mentioned. Could it be just that?
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#167 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:28 PM

If you watched this game, no.

#168 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,507 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

Good solid D-Men would go along way.

#169 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:38 PM

Agreed. It'll only take one top defenseman, too. Our current defensive corp is good, and the entire league is relatively (compared to the late 90's, early 00's) defensively poor, so one real #1 defenseman would make a huge difference.

#170 The Facepainter

The Facepainter

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

I wouldn't compare the Rangers to the Bruins. The Rangers are in the same pack as the rest of the teams. I think it's obvious how similar they are to recent Devils teams, who focused on minimizing mistakes and capitalizing on opportunities. They are a solid team, but very beatable.

I think the Devils need another physical defenseman who can chip in offensivelly, plus a 4th line which can contribute. I hate ference on the Bruins, but that guy would make this team better.

I liked Mills, Jansen and zalewski today. It would be great if they could play like that all the time, except add a few pts here and there.

Edited by The Facepainter, 19 January 2012 - 10:57 PM.

#171 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:07 PM

Big trade coming.

Big or really big? ;)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#172 Stolen

Stolen

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:07 PM

I don't care if disliking how we played tonight makes me a bad fan or a bandwagon fan, but you'd have to be pretty blind to be 'okay' with how we did. I don't care if it's the Bruins...usually, they blow teams out and we had 'em 1-0 in the 3rd.

#173 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

I wouldn't compare the Rangers to the Bruins. The Rangers are in the same pack as the rest of the teams. I think it's obvious how similar they are to recent Devils teams, who focused on minimizing mistakes and capitalizing on opportunities. They are a solid team, but very beatable.

I think the Devils need another physical defenseman who can chip in offensivelly, plus a 4th line which can contribute. I hate ference on the Bruins, but that guy would make this team better.

I liked Mills, Jansen and zalewski today. It would be great if they could play like that all the time, except add a few pts here and there.

Agreed...that was possibly Janssen's best game, if he can bring that every night I have no issue with him being in the lineup. It'd be nice to get some contributions from our 4th line, obviously not every night but once in a while...goals from those guys can change games.

#174 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:36 PM

Every game I've gone to they've lost/got blown out. I might just stay home next time. Lol.

At least I got a free snow scraper!

n2eg.jpg

#175 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

http://www.hulu.com/...-and-bobbya1984

i was trying to see if this would link up, i dont know why but its funny

his names is 1984 no referance to george orwell
Posted Image

#176 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:58 PM

Absolutely 100% agreed.
Like "third man" talked about above, Janssen played a spectacular game for Cam Janssen. He sure did surprise me tonight, and went a long way towards convincing me that he actually deserves the part time spot that he has on the roster. I'm really glad to have seen Mills play as well as he did, also. He admitted that he became tentative earlier in the season, so sending him down wasn't a mistake, but he's a decent fourth liner and he seems to have amde the best of his time in Albany and gotten his act together.

#177 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:07 AM

Absolutely 100% agreed.
Like "third man" talked about above, Janssen played a spectacular game for Cam Janssen. He sure did surprise me tonight, and went a long way towards convincing me that he actually deserves the part time spot that he has on the roster. I'm really glad to have seen Mills play as well as he did, also. He admitted that he became tentative earlier in the season, so sending him down wasn't a mistake, but he's a decent fourth liner and he seems to have amde the best of his time in Albany and gotten his act together.

as much as i and everyone try not to "agreed" post i have to third this...mills...impressed to say the least as well as zelewski...almost called him zewlinski hah and cam well i see what Debo is doing there.
Posted Image

#178 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,507 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:10 AM

Our ceiling is probably 7th or 8th spot. If we play really well we might get 6th and match up againt the SE winner. There's really no chance of us going any higher and that's unfortunate for us because we'd go up against either BOS or NYR and they both have our number.

#179 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:17 AM

Well that 3rd sucked
Posted Image Posted Image

#180 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:18 AM

i want us to finish 6th... then we'd play possibly the worst team in the top 8... either Florida or Washington who'd be 3rd just because they are on top of the worst division in the east. We can easily beat those 2 teams in playoffs

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users