31 replies to this topic

#21 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

Speaking of this, check out this jerk featured on http://devilsarmyblog.com/ !

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#22 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

Dont you folks have Tivo or DVR set ups on you TV? Then you can go to sleep at a normal hour and catch the game the next night.

#23 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

Dont you folks have Tivo or DVR set ups on you TV? Then you can go to sleep at a normal hour and catch the game the next night.

Watching a re-run is just not the same. Plus, you have to steer clear of all things Facebook/NHL/Twitter...which is impossible, at least for me.

believe2.jpg

#24 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

Watching a re-run is just not the same. Plus, you have to steer clear of all things Facebook/NHL/Twitter...which is impossible, at least for me.

Exactly. Plus you can always nap during day time so you won't be too tired. Haha.

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#25 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

Well, at least you wont see the final score on the regular news, right? You have to actually go looking for it. Oh, I see. You use those other media to hear scores. OK. Got ya.

#26 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

Well, at least you wont see the final score on the regular news, right? You have to actually go looking for it. Oh, I see. You use those other media to hear scores. OK. Got ya.

They show brief highlights and results on the morning sports segment here.

believe2.jpg

#27 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

I work shifts so I usually try to swap with co-workers so I always have an afternoon shift the day after a game. I've missed 3 games this season so far so it's working out pretty well. My main problem is convincing my wife that I am not crazy. :D
Posted Image

#28 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

I live in Germany and watch all the games on Gamecenter. Works perfectly. Obviously with the time difference I don't watch most of them live...

When you watch the games, of course there not live do they show the score first?? Reason I ask is I was thinking of getting game center but like you most of my games wouldb be DVR or however they do it and seeing the score would ruin the game for me!
Thanks for your response

#29 hrasvalg

hrasvalg

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

When you watch the games, of course there not live do they show the score first?? Reason I ask is I was thinking of getting game center but like you most of my games wouldb be DVR or however they do it and seeing the score would ruin the game for me!
Thanks for your response

you can choose what you want, to show or not to show the score

#30 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

If you're into other American sports too, you might want to get some satellite TV with ESPN America - they show a lot of NFL games, as well as MLB and NHL (though, of course, with the number of games played in hockey and baseball every season, they try to show different teams on different nights and you'll just see the Devils once a month or so on that channel).

Other than that, it's Microwave and other generous streamers keeping us European NHL fans alive. ;)

#31 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:38 PM

i`m from Moscow
yeah - wathing games is such a big problem
i wake up in 3 or 4 at night, find free stream and watch. after the end of the game go dress and went to job.
but - it`s ok. if it doesn`t like me - don`t do that, but i do

Now that's dedication.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#32 swingminx

swingminx

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

For you guys from scandinavia, at least you that understands swedish can visit my Devils fan-page on facebook and like it.
Search for New Jersey Devils ( Sweden )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users