114 replies to this topic

#61 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:01 AM

He's our good luck charm. Came up during the second half run last year and was on the roster for this unbelievable first half run this year. :lol:

#62 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

This is the best thing for him. I just hope they don't rush him up in case of injury, force him to play 30 games in the AHL.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#63 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

Worked hard?? you're kidding? Lou passed on John Carlson, from middletown, a devils fan, who is top 4 d-man for the caps. I went to that draft. I hope I'm wrong, Tedenby will never be a Martin St. Louis or Gionta. I thought he was a poor choice imo.

Home state and fandom should have 0.000000000% impact on your selection. I absolutely hate when people bring that up.

I'm still confident that Teddy will be fine, he just needs more time to develop physically and to find his NHL game.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#64 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

Local talent on the team could possibly impact attendance in a good way.. So, while I agree it's not an important criteria, it's certainly a plus.
Posted Image

#65 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

Local talent on the team could possibly impact attendance in a good way.. So, while I agree it's not an important criteria, it's certainly a plus.

For maybe his first game? It would have zero impact long term. It's just an OOT media fluff piece. I'm not saying John Carlson wasn't worth a look, but he wasn't an obvious choice on the 2008 draft board...

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#66 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:01 PM

John Carlson is from Colonia, not Middletown
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#67 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

For maybe his first game? It would have zero impact long term. It's just an OOT media fluff piece. I'm not saying John Carlson wasn't worth a look, but he wasn't an obvious choice on the 2008 draft board...

I'm certainly not going to pretend to be a scout or expert here, but, when comparing these two, if I'm looking purely at the physical characteristics WRT each of their skillets, I'm leaning towards Carlson most of the time. 6'+ solid defender vs, what, 5'8 finesse player? In today'a NHL?

Seems like a mistake to me. Oh well, naturally hindsight is always 20/20

Edited by Devilsfan118, 23 January 2012 - 12:17 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#68 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

I'm certainly not going to pretend to be a scout or expert here, but, when comparing these two, if I'm looking purely at the physical characteristics WRT each of their skillets, I'm leaning towards Carlson most of the time. 6'+ solid defender vs, what, 5'8 finesse player? In today'a NHL?

Seems like a mistake to me. Oh well, naturally hindsight is always 20/20

The Devils also used the picks they received from Minnesota and Washington to draft Burlon, Cormier, and Urbom. Both Burlon and Urbom have NHL potential, and Cormier was part of a huge trade, so I wouldn't say it was a total mistake. Tedenby could still be ok. I don't think we'll know for sure for a couple more years.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#69 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

My favorite Tedenby moment.

#70 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

My favorite Tedenby moment.

I was just looking for that exact clip, as it's the one moment of his that really sticks out in my mind. Good find.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#71 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:00 AM

Now 0-3 (1 point)

#72 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:05 AM

http://www.jnytt.se/...-till-jonkoping

There were rumors that he would try to be loaned to SEL. I think it's safe to say if he doesn't earn a future contract next year he will go back to Sweden.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#73 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:12 AM

http://www.jnytt.se/nyhet/47623/tedenby-flyttar-till-jonkoping

There were rumors that he would try to be loaned to SEL. I think it's safe to say if he doesn't earn a future contract next year he will go back to Sweden.

LOL, nice article. It's about his dog and fiancee moving to Jönköping. And then it's just speculation about his future, which is shot down by his agent and HV71's GM.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#74 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

It wouldn't bother me if either Tedenby, Zharkov, or both play overseas next year if they don't make the team out of camp. The Devils will keep their rights and they'll keep developing.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#75 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:24 AM

My favorite The only Tedenby moment.

Fixed. And I say that as someone who is a Tedenby fan. That was a crucial goal though and a great moment.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#76 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

It wouldn't bother me if either Tedenby, Zharkov, or both play overseas next year if they don't make the team out of camp. The Devils will keep their rights and they'll keep developing.

When was the last time that worked out? Vasyunov went that route... obviously I can't say much about the horrible tragedy that happened... but he'd still be with us if he stayed in NJ. Petr Vrana went back to Europe and he's actually playing well there.... but I can't see him ever coming back.

#77 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

Tedenby is a bust. No loss there.

#78 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:59 AM

When was the last time that worked out? Vasyunov went that route... obviously I can't say much about the horrible tragedy that happened... but he'd still be with us if he stayed in NJ. Petr Vrana went back to Europe and he's actually playing well there.... but I can't see him ever coming back.

Do we still own Vrana's rights? I remember he looked promising, and then didnt he have a bad injury?

#79 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

Do we still own Vrana's rights? I remember he looked promising, and then didnt he have a bad injury?

I believe he had broken his leg and lost a lot of time due to that, so it had set him back quite a bit and I guess he just never recovered well enough to make it back to North America.

#80 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

He needs to bulk up and lift some weights. He's one of my favorite prospects and I even have his Sweden Juniors jersey.. I hope he can improve in the offseason and make it up to the big leagues again.. He's oozing with talent, he'll come around..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users