166 replies to this topic

#121 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

You know, Boulton isn't that bad. He's not good either, but he can at least play hockey.

#122 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

#10/#16/#21

and/or

#22/#16/#11
Posted Image

#123 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:52 PM

...because they're not?
Like TG mentioned last night, this is the second trade this season where the Devil's added payroll.

Anyway, the Post is so weird. (N)Єverson comes up with Lou quotes that nobody else has, along with the seemingly obligatory Post style snark: http://www.nypost.co...C-rss&FEEDNAME=

Also, just in via twitter, TG and Chere are saying that Poni made it here and is likely today.

Man that article is awful! And you're absolutely correct, where does he get those quotes that nobody else has? How do people make money by fabricating BS?

#124 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:55 PM

I really like this move.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#125 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

Man that article is awful! And you're absolutely correct, where does he get those quotes that nobody else has? How do people make money by fabricating BS?

The NY Post makes all of it's money with Page Six, so... :noclue:

#126 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

Well, he wasn't able to get involved with the puck all that much in his first Devils period but I appreciate the effort on the forecheck so far. He must be tired after playing last night, but I suppose you have adrenaline to get through that for your first game on a new team.

#127 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:30 PM

First game in NJ and scores a goal. Welcome to NJ.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#128 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:30 PM

Atta boy Poni! First goal. Hopefully this gets the offense going.

#129 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

Can you guys take your newspaper argument to Off-Topic where it belongs? This is a thread about Alexei Ponikarovsky.

#130 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

Can you guys take your newspaper argument to Off-Topic where it belongs? This is a thread about Alexei Ponikarovsky.

I fixed it
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#131 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

Edit: nevermind

Edited by DevsMan84, 21 January 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#132 USAkid90

USAkid90

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:40 PM

We made a decent trade. He's not a top 6 player anymore but he fills the bottom 6 perfectly.

#133 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:26 PM

at first i was like eh, but when you think about it, Poni is a solid player. Numbers lie because he could've probably been doing WAY better the last few years if he had any decent talent to play with, but alas. New coach, new team, new fit, different play. This aint a bad deal at all, but we'll see.

cghico.jpg

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#134 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

he had a great game, one goal, couple of monster checks. i am impressed with him, some carolina fans were saying penalty man etc. but i'm guessing that's because of the style of canes, he seems to fit right in with our system. i doubt he had an idea of what to do out there but he looked like he has played more time here than some of our 4th liners.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#135 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:58 PM

He certainly had an impressive game... I think he's a good fit with Clarkson and Josefson. I like that line holding up until we get Zajac back. If he brings what he brought in that last game every night then we got a good deal.

Maybe I just like him cause he's the same exact size as me, lol.

Sucks for Tedenby, but it just wasn't happening for him this year. Some AHL time for him will do him well

#136 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:31 AM

Congratulations, Cary Elwes, on getting a goal in your first game as a Devil!
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#137 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

Terrific trade for NJ. We managed to get a player able to dominate possession against 2nd and 3rd lines. With Josefson and Clarkson they should create an underrated but excellent 3rd line who should be around 55% in the right situations. Ponikarovsky and Josefson should create a lot for Clarkson off the cycle if he just stays in front.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#138 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

Congratulations, Cary Elwes, on getting a goal in your first game as a Devil!

No one would surrender to the Dread Pirate Ponikarovsky.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#139 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

Any stat geeks, try not to get too excited. Especially since we cleared a reserve list spot.

http://www.behindthe...p 2008_s 2007_s

Even better is on ice sh% when tied...It is 0.8%, this trade is gold when this career 10% shooter evens out the stats.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 23 January 2012 - 02:05 PM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#140 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

Ponikarovsky was playing with top offensive players when he was posting those kinds of numbers with Toronto. I don't expect that kind of s% here. Still, it makes the third line into a force (55% is high, but I'd take 50% at this point).

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users