50 replies to this topic

#21 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

Just curious why doesn't it bother you I mean we will be playing them in the playoffs so how does it not matter? I believe in like once you make the playoffs anything can happen but it would be nice if we can beat them a few times during the year to give us more confidence when it comes to the playoffs

Like DP26 said, once you make the dance, you've got a chance.

We have NEVER beaten Boston, at home, in January, including a bad 5-2 loss in January of 1995. We handled them rather well come playoff time.

Besides, this is only the 3rd time ALL SEASON we've lost 2 or more in a row. I'll get worried if we fall out of the top 8, otherwise, I just hope we don't draw Boston in the opening round.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#22 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

if you look at the past few years... its true that anything can happen... we certainly have the tools that some of the teams who made good runs had.

Tampa last year... i could see guys like Zubs or Clarkson being a "Bergenheim" or Brodeur being a "Roloson" of that run, while our top guys are playing like top guys too

Habs 2 years ago... it was all Martin's system + Halak standing on his head + Cammalleri being ULTRA opportunist... other than that they were getting outplayed and outshot like theres no tomorrow they will won Pittburgh and Washingon who had crazy firepower.

www.SterioDesign.com

#23 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

if you look at the past few years... its true that anything can happen... we certainly have the tools that some of the teams who made good runs had.

Tampa last year... i could see guys like Zubs or Clarkson being a "Bergenheim" or Brodeur being a "Roloson" of that run, while our top guys are playing like top guys too

Habs 2 years ago... it was all Martin's system + Halak standing on his head + Cammalleri being ULTRA opportunist... other than that they were getting outplayed and outshot like theres no tomorrow they will won Pittburgh and Washingon who had crazy firepower.

Don't forget Subban

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#24 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:38 PM

not just that, at the half way mark, we were below .500 vs teams that were in the top 8

not only that but most of our SO wins were against the bottom teams, those who were out.

this was a week ago and before the road trip, i think theyve done some pretty good things since then and am optimistic about the second half if not wary

cant really fault 3rd period chernobyls vs a team like boston or florida or philly even...cant fault goaltending when the top line cant score when it counts
Posted Image

#25 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

Good point Lazer. As much as we need our D to show up in the game, we need our top lines to begin producing more. Yeah, they've all got double digit goal production but a lot of times they're each getting goals in the same game.

#26 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

Don't forget Subban

hahahahahahahahahaha

mmm... are you serious?

www.SterioDesign.com

#27 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:16 PM

oh man i just read all of page 1, that was something.

i was just saying to the OP its not just top 4 teams its top 8 too

is the offense not scoring cause they have to cover D too, i dunno.
Posted Image

#28 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

Eh, if we make the playoffs that's good enough for me this season.
Despite Lou's denials we are rebuilding and experiencing the growing pains of a new team shedding it's old skin. It's incrimental. Last year we missed the playoffs, this year we make the playoffs, next year who knows?
This is exactly the way the Bruins went.

This.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#29 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

I imagine if your look at these games againt the top four the players who need to step up with offense virtually disappear. It only seems that Parise, Kovy, Henrique, Sykora, Zubs and Elias only show up against weaker teams.
They're all in double digits but they only seems to score against weaker teams.
This has got to change.

#30 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:25 AM

I imagine if your look at these games againt the top four the players who need to step up with offense virtually disappear. It only seems that Parise, Kovy, Henrique, Sykora, Zubs and Elias only show up against weaker teams.
They're all in double digits but they only seems to score against weaker teams.
This has got to change.

at this point im blaming the system a little bit for that... were absolutely not creative in the offensive zone and really predictable... we never have guys in front of the net and were barely trying to get the puck to the net... were relying on some kind of set play and not on the possibility of a rebound or something

Edited by SterioDesign, 23 January 2012 - 12:26 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#31 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

I see problems in front of our net. It seems when they play the "better" teams, they start to panic and lose their positions. You'll see 3 players chasing the puck behind the net; D-men rushing across the net to the wrong side, forwards not picking a man and total disarray (General Disarray to be exact). They have more of a fear of losing against the better teams. They wont do that against Winnepeg or Buffalo. But they will against Boston or Philly.

#32 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

I see problems in front of our net. It seems when they play the "better" teams, they start to panic and lose their positions. You'll see 3 players chasing the puck behind the net; D-men rushing across the net to the wrong side, forwards not picking a man and total disarray (General Disarray to be exact). They have more of a fear of losing against the better teams. They wont do that against Winnepeg or Buffalo. But they will against Boston or Philly.

yeah, and they leave the point man open with too much time and space to get a real good shot on net

Edited by hargsy, 23 January 2012 - 09:57 AM.

#33 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

Back in the 50's and early 60's, they had a thing called the Chinese Fire Drill. Six kids would be stopped at a light, jump out of the car and run around it twice; jump back in and drive away. That's what the Devils look like at times.

#34 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

I've been holding this back for a while but I'm just done.

You're a pathetic little nitwit. You comment 40 times on every single thread with the most extreme absurd statements ever. When the Devils are on a 3 game win streak your world is shining and bright, you love the team and you love the fans and you're absurdly ridiculously overjoyed with every tidbit of Devils news. When they lose two in a row you're a whining little obnoxious piece of turd. You cry, bitch, moan, and yap your way about how much you hate the team on every thread. SHUT. THE. FVCK. UP. Please.

If you're embarrassed to be a Devils fan because of two losses in January, get the fvck out of this place. It's not for you. We're a forum for Devils fans, not bipolar dumb fvcking sons of bitches like yourself. CHEER for the team because you're a fvcking FAN. You're allowed to be critical, of course you are, but you have this obnoxious "mood of the day" that changes your posts completely and it's so old it makes my head spin. You wonder why 90% of the people on this forum either add you to ignore or roll their eyes when they see you post? TAKE SOME FVCKING NOTES, man! A 4-1 loss to the Flyers in January doesn't mean we're going to get knocked out of the first round of the playoffs.

Zajac and Greene returning won't help us? Our #1 Center and top-2 defenseman? Honestly you really are a fvcking moron.

If you're suicidal, go get help. If this is just an attention seeking drama whore schtick that you plan on doing forever, go get suicidal.

Peace, douchebag.

I'm sorry I lost ya at peace, douchebag.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#35 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

I could really care less if you guys don't like what I add to the forums. I'm a realist and the way I act is exactly how each and everyone one of you feels when the team doesn't get out played and still loses.
I'm just not scared to say how I feel. My posts contain opinion but also not out of this world, sometimes useful, commentary. What I say is exactly what's going on during the time it's happening. I'm not just sitting back and making it up.
The team is a complete fvcking shell of it's former self and it's not a fun experience as a Devils fan.
This team used to be built on defense alone and now it's our weakest point.
All we've been hearing all year is how once this team becomes healthy they'll be something to reckon with. Well truth is, they shouldn't need to be 100% with players like Kovalchuck and Parise on the team, who IMO are underachieving.
Zajac and Greene are both young but nobody in the league is afraid of them. Zajacs numbers have now dropped each year he's played, granted this year it's because of an injury, but it's a serious injury at that and he may never be able to fully recover from it.
Greene, I'm sorry, I've seen him give up on plays before and as a fan once I see that I just have nothing positive to say about the guy. He doesn't impress me and nobody in the NHL is worried about Andy Greene coming back.
Those were the only points I was trying to make. I wasn't trying to offend anybody but if you have a problem with me that honestly really isn't my problem, or concern, for that matter.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3, 23 January 2012 - 06:28 PM.

Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#36 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

It really isn't fair to say Zajac's numbers have gone down though. He hasn't been close to 100% even once this year, and last year was a bad year for many players on the Devils. But why does it seem like no one believes that he would make a difference on the team?

I'll admit Greene sometimes gets a bit overrated, but wasn't he also playing under 100% for a big part of this year? I remember him always being a bit banged up early this season. I'm not sure I understand the "nobody's worried about..." argument either. Andy Greene will definitely help the team when he returns, even if that only means filling in a weak spot.

I do agree though, that some players are underachieving, but I am not sure if that is because of the players themselves, or the system.

#37 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:00 PM

I could really care less if you guys don't like what I add to the forums.

So this means you do care?

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 23 January 2012 - 08:02 PM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#38 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

I could really care less if you guys don't like what I add to the forums. I'm a realist and the way I act is exactly how each and everyone one of you feels when the team doesn't get out played and still loses.
I'm just not scared to say how I feel. My posts contain opinion but also not out of this world, sometimes useful, commentary. What I say is exactly what's going on during the time it's happening. I'm not just sitting back and making it up.
The team is a complete fvcking shell of it's former self and it's not a fun experience as a Devils fan.
All we've been hearing all year is how once this team becomes healthy they'll be something to reckon with. Well truth is, they shouldn't need to be 100% with players like Kovalchuck and Parise on the team, who IMO are underachieving.
Zajac and Greene are both young but nobody in the league is afraid of them. Zajacs numbers have now dropped each year he's played, granted this year it's because of an injury, but it's a serious injury at that and he may never be able to fully recover from it.
Greene, I'm sorry, I've seen him give up on plays before and as a fan once I see that I just have nothing positive to say about the guy. He doesn't impress me and nobody in the NHL is worried about Andy Greene coming back.
Those were the only points I was trying to make. I wasn't trying to offend anybody but if you have a problem with me that honestly really isn't my problem, or concern, for that matter.

Makes sense for you to put 'Respect the Devils 30 year history' in your sig, when for 10 years or so, they were much worse than they are now.

Edited by Devils Pride 26, 23 January 2012 - 08:13 PM.

#39 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

So you are insinuating that deep down, we all feel like you and completely blow a gasket after every single loss?

Please stop telling us how we feel. Because I for one don't agree with the majority of what you post. Perhaps I'm the delusional one, but according to what I see from everyone else... nah

#40 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:44 PM

So this means you do care?

Yes! :evilcry:

Makes sense for you to put 'Respect the Devils 30 year history' in your sig, when for 10 years or so, they were much worse than they are now.

What can I say..I'm spoiled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users