97 replies to this topic

#61 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

politics is getting nasty in the US of A. all the "righties" will say, he's entitled to his opinion, "lefties" will say it's disrespectful. I still hate "W" but I'd gladly go if I won it.

TT used his position as a pro athlete to bullhorn his political views. I lost all respect for a guy I liked. No mas!

Also, because of this, after what Cam Neely said, his time in Bean town will be over soon. Where, somewhere he can think about it. Maybe, ....Columbus?

people say, "Glen Beck gets it" I don't get what people see in this guy?

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#62 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

2) Why is it "unpatriotic"...........

Well, if you insist upon having someone answer you, here goes:

You DO recall how during the Bush administration, any hint of disagreement or criticism of the President was automatically jumped on by the right and decried as unpatriotic at best and treason at worst, do you not? BTW, if you say "no", you're either lying or you have a very selective memory.

(And this kind of crap is why I locked myself out of the Politics forum.)
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#63 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

You DO recall how during the Bush administration, any hint of disagreement or criticism of the President was automatically jumped on by the right and decried as unpatriotic at best and treason at worst, do you not? BTW, if you say "no", you're either lying or you have a very selective memory.

don't get worked up over this, some people are extremist's and won't budge on issues of reasoning or understanding views from "the other side"

#64 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

Well, I didn't bring up the fact that one poster alleged it was "unpatriotic" for Thomas to not go.

And yes, you are just another gullible liar who believes what you want. I want you to show me ONE example of someone being called unpatriotic for disagreeing with Bush.........it can't be done because it was a myth.

This is going way off course. All I wanted was an answer to why Thomas is a "bigot" as another alleged.

don't get worked up over this, some people are extremist's and won't budge on issues of reasoning or understanding views from "the other side"

Like Rowdy and Manta, etc
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#65 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

It should be an apolitical event, so it's a little childish in Thomas's part. Otherwise it's not something I think about all that much or that I'm losing any sleep over one way orthe other.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#66 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

Well, I didn't bring up the fact that one poster alleged it was "unpatriotic" for Thomas to not go.

And yes, you are just another gullible liar who believes what you want. I want you to show me ONE example of someone being called unpatriotic for disagreeing with Bush.........it can't be done because it was a myth.

This is going way off course. All I wanted was an answer to why Thomas is a "bigot" as another alleged.

You know Thomas has 3 children and all of their names start with K

#67 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:41 PM

Tim Thomas is a Kardashian? Has the brains of one, but still.

#68 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

Ha, I saw that. Hiiiighly doubtful that has any meaning. That dumbass from TSN shouldn't have tweeted that... one thing if a comedian said it as a joke, but some news dude from TSN?

It's not like TT made some huge statement by not going, the only effect his not being there had was making himself look bad and putting his team mates in a sh!tty spot/overshadowing their day.
Posted Image

#69 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

Damn you libs are a meth hit away from being full blown psychotic. Of course Thomas is a selfish racist bigot for not going to the white house. What other motivation could he possibly have? I guess this is the reason why I don't enter the political forums :ECW:
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#70 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

It's all good, I'm not getting worked up. Leeds wanted his answer, he got it.

You're joking, right?

You already know the answer, you're just hoping someone will come out and say it. Well, here you go: "bigot" is often the first shot taken by those who wish to defend Obama from criticism. Sometimes it's accurate, sometimes it's not, but it's an easy opener which buys time for the formation of better arguments.

Can't resist the personal attacks, can you?

It should be an apolitical event, so it's a little childish in Thomas's part. Otherwise it's not something I think about all that much or that I'm losing any sleep over one way orthe other.

Agreed.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

#71 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

This thread should be moved.

#72 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

This thread should be moved.

its winding down.....it was heated this morning

#73 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

It amazes me how people can take something so simple and blow it out of proportion. :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#74 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

It amazes me how people can take something so simple and blow it out of proportion. :rolleyes:

politics and patriotism really strikes a nerve in people

#75 ironsights

ironsights

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

Good for Thomas.

If I were given the chance to visit the white house, I think I would. I don't much care for Obama, but I'd still make the trip and meet the guy. I'd use the opportunity to ask a few questions of my own, off the record. Plus it's tradition.

But like many have said, he has every right to decline the invitation. I don't see it as disrespectful, or "not supporting the troops."(How exactly are you supporting the troops by going to the white house and giving one of the guys who sends our troops overseas a jersey ?) Is it a political statement? I think not. But regardless people will see it as one.

#76 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

Good for Thomas.

If I were given the chance to visit the white house, I think I would. I don't much care for Obama, but I'd still make the trip and meet the guy. I'd use the opportunity to ask a few questions of my own, off the record. Plus it's tradition.

But like many have said, he has every right to decline the invitation. I don't see it as disrespectful, or "not supporting the troops."(How exactly are you supporting the troops by going to the white house and giving one of the guys who sends our troops overseas a jersey ?) Is it a political statement? I think not. But regardless people will see it as one.

I am not a fan of Obama here as well and totally agree with this opinion

#77 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

Good for Thomas.

I agree 100% with this post.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#78 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

You're joking, right?

Like I figured......... all talking points, no facts.

You already know the answer, you're just hoping someone will come out and say it. Well, here you go: "bigot" is often the first shot taken by those who wish to defend Obama from criticism. Sometimes it's accurate, sometimes it's not, but it's an easy opener which buys time for the formation of better arguments.

We agree..........well I'll be.......

Can't resist the personal attacks, can you?

Hmmmmm......you didn't call out the personal attack on me, I'm shocked.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#79 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

If he simply didn't accompany the team to the White House and left it at that, I don't think it would be such a big deal. The part of it that has everyone's hackles up is that he got on his soapbox and made a political statement about it.

#80 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

If he simply didn't accompany the team to the White House and left it at that, I don't think it would be such a big deal. The part of it that has everyone's hackles up is that he got on his soapbox and made a political statement about it.

Was he asked, or did he call a press conference.

Probably didn't read his remarks off a teleprompter either.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users