11 replies to this topic

#1 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

Will you do it next year? I havent decided yet but after this year I may not. I have only been to 6 games so far. I will probably wind up around 15-18 but I had a busy December which contributed to it. Other times (like tonight) I wind up not having anyone to go with me (gf will but I know she doesnt WANT to). My brother and one other buddy of mine are Devils fans but still.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#2 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:17 PM

you bought a full season and have only gone to 6 games so far?

#3 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,855 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

Let's see what the prices are next year first, if I'm getting behind the net at $22 then probably, although I don't have very many people to go with either at least I can and usually do make at least 2/3 of games.

A price hike and I don't know. The higher the price the harder it is to sell singles and pairs for face.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 24 January 2012 - 02:25 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#4 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:32 PM

Let's see what the prices are next year first, if I'm getting behind the net at $22 then probably, although I don't have very many people to go with either at least I can and usually do make at least 2/3 of games.

A price hike and I don't know. The higher the price the harder it is to sell singles and pairs for face.

you two should split it...thats what i do with a buddy....we each pay for a seat and then have a "draft" for the games we want so we both end up getting like 20 reg season games worked better around your schedule and if something comes up like this past flor game for me you ask to make a trade if possible

obviously you have to make some compromises for playoffs or whatever but if you want to go to a game your partner drafted you can use stub hub and get your own
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#5 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,092 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

I picked up tickets with a friend. We go together sometimes and split the other games. Between us I think we've only missed 5 or 6, and of those we only had to eat one game. I'll definitely do it again as long as they don't jack prices up too much.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#6 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,855 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

you two should split it...thats what i do with a buddy....we each pay for a seat and then have a "draft" for the games we want so we both end up getting like 20 reg season games worked better around your schedule and if something comes up like this past flor game for me you ask to make a trade if possible

obviously you have to make some compromises for playoffs or whatever but if you want to go to a game your partner drafted you can use stub hub and get your own

Well I'd say of the 27-28 games I go to I can find someone for maybe 10-12...the number can always increase next year. I haven't had issues selling singles yet. For some games I take advantage of sth pricing to get an extra single ticket, then sell my original pair.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#7 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

As long as the tickets stay the same price in the balconies, I will renew next year. I got 2 season tickets this year with a friend of mine, and we usually go to the games. When he can't go, I bring my 3 year old. When I can't go, he usually takes his GF or another friend. It's worked out great so far.
Posted Image

#8 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

you bought a full season and have only gone to 6 games so far?

Yea. It sucks. I have no interest in going alone and a busy December kept me from most of the games. Like I said I'll probably wind up with 15-17 games. There were a few games I was unable to sell which sucks. A lot of them I couldnt get what I paid let alone face value.

#9 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

Face? Lol. Can't even sell them for STH price.

#10 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

If the price stays pretty much the same I'll probably repeat. When we bought this season my wife and I were afraid we'd get tired of going to so many games, or that it would be a hassle to shuffle our schedules around to make time for them. But it's really been pretty easy, and a lot of fun. We've only missed about 6 games so far, and we sold all the tickets we didn't use except for one pair that we gave to someone as a gift. (We've only sold them for our STH price. We're not looking to make a profit; just want our money out of 'em.) We're happy we made the jump from the partial plans.

#11 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,855 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

Face? Lol. Can't even sell them for STH price.

That's what I mean by face...STH face. Not that goofy number actually on the ticket that nobody pays for except the Ranger games and Opening Night.

#12 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

I have the lower row in 122 and my tickets went up to $24. Not a big hike but I'm still renewing.
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users