Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...ost.htm?id=6609
Rumor Nash to philly

Edited by Vic Rattlehead18, 18 February 2012 - 06:44 PM.

Devils.

#322 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

i also just saw on the NHL channel that Kubina is rumored to Philly also. wtf?!?

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#323 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

Flyers are over the cap last I heard.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#324 Jerseydevils0324

Jerseydevils0324

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:46 PM

Would anyone here want Vermette? I think he would solidify our offense completely. He is a speedy guy that brings a solid two-way game. I know he is a center, but I personally would like to have our younger centres play wing in crunch time, well Henrique at least. I would be okay with Josefson centering the 4th line.

If we got Vermette or maybe even Pahlsson from CLB, I would like the lines to look.

Parise-Zajac-Henrique, good two-way effort and hardwork
Kovy-Elias-Clarkson, Patty and Kovy have clicked and Clarkie would provide a nice balance as a net crasher for these guys.
Ponikarovsky-Vermette/Pahlsson-Zubrus, shutdown/secondary scoring line. Size, strength, speed
Sykora-Josefson-Bernier, solid fourth line, I wouldn't want Sykora to be rubbed the wrong way about it. I would still use him in key situations for his great shot off the face-off in the offensive zone. Also this could help prevent mistakes with two younger inexperienced players on line 4, and an aging Sykora.

keep in mind I haven't really followed up on Zajac's injury and who knows how sharp he will be once he is 100%

Edited by Jerseydevils0324, 19 February 2012 - 09:47 PM.

#325 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

vermette's got 3 more years @ 3.75mm. i don't love that commitment for a guy like that. furthermore, i don't think columbus is interested in dealing him

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#326 Jerseydevils0324

Jerseydevils0324

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

Oh okay... I didn't check his contract, I just saw somewhere about CLB maybe dealing Pahlsson and him, but in that case Pahlsson? He would be a rental and CLB should be looking to sell a lot, especially rental players. We do need D though can't forget that.

#327 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

Flyers are over the cap last I heard.

According to cap geek with guys on the LTIR the Flyers have just over 1 million in cap space.

What's amazing to me is the Red Wings have over 20 million in cap space!!!

#328 Jerseydevils0324

Jerseydevils0324

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

According to cap geek with guys on the LTIR the Flyers have just over 1 million in cap space.

What's amazing to me is the Red Wings have over 20 million in cap space!!!

That scares me. We must ink Zach before July 1st, because I have a feeling the wings will go all in for him. He would fit their style perfectly.

#329 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

Red Wings have some big contracts coming off the books next year:

$6.2 Lidstrom
$3.8 Stuart
$2.9 Hudler
$1.9 Bertuzzi
$1.9 Holmstrom
$1.0 Commodore

That's $17.7 million gone. Of course, they may be in the market for a #1 defenseman with Lidstrom most likely retiring. Ryan Suter should be signing with Detroit about 11 minutes after free agency starts.

Edited by Z-Man, 19 February 2012 - 10:45 PM.

#330 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:50 PM

Sign Bertuzzi.

#331 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:01 AM

re: detroit - from what i've read, it's assumed that lidstrom will play another year. not that it would stop them from signing parise and suter.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#332 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:03 AM

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=6609
Rumor Nash to philly

Finally, Philadelphia could solve their goaltending problems once and for-...

What's that? He's a forward?

Never mind then.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#333 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

I'd like it if Lou pushed for Tyutin from Columbus. He has a big body and he can put up points. Maybe something around Urbom, 2nd rounder, Clarkson, +? It would have to be overpayement.

Greene-Fayne
Tyutin-Volchenkov
Larsson-Salvador

I would also consider Wish from CBJ but he is on a massive contract. Thoughts? I would kill for that defense going into the playoffs.

Parise - Henrique - Kovalchuk
Elias - Zajac - Clarkson
Poni - Zubrus - Bernier
Sykora - Josefson - Carter

Greene-Fayne
Tyutin-Volchenkov
Larsson-Salvador

God, this lineup (even without Tyutin) seems so much better than previous years. There is size, speed, and skill on the first line. A dominating line that can also play defense (atleast Parise and Henrique :rolleyes: ). 2nd line offers more skill, scoring, and defense. The 3rd line is big that would hopefully dominate on the boards and down low. Poni and Zubrus can also contribute in the goal department when needed (great acquisition by Lou). All three pairings on D have sufficient size and we have mobile guys like AL, Tyutin, and Greene.

Edited by Mayday, 20 February 2012 - 10:40 AM.

#334 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

If you're suggesting dealing clarkson, it doesn't make much sense to put him on your second fantasy line

Edited by Devilsfan118, 20 February 2012 - 11:37 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#335 Jerseydevils0324

Jerseydevils0324

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

I doubt CLB trades Tyutin since they have him locked in for the long haul, and I don't think we should do a deal involving any of our regular forwards... don't want to disrupt any chemistry we have. But we definitely need to make a move on the back end.

I would prefer Fedor over Wishniewski, however, I think if they had to trade Wis or Feds they would more likely deal Wishniewski. Just my opinion.

Edited by Jerseydevils0324, 20 February 2012 - 12:15 PM.

#336 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

If you're suggesting dealing clarkson, it doesn't make much sense to put him on your second fantasy line

yeah i forgot to take him out.

#337 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

im not too sure why colombus would deal Nash right now anyway? there's 6 years left to his contract there's no rush... i think they should wait to see who they get and if he's ready (lets say yakupov) he's a good playmaker from what i saw at the world juniors and he could work well with Nash and he'd be a good vet to be around for the kid...

but they could also reload getting multiple pieces for Nash but why rush? there's only buying teams so half the league making offers really... they should wait for the draft at least to see who's picking where and all, they may be able to get a better return too, no need to rush at all

www.SterioDesign.com

#338 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

This article provides some nice shots at all those morons on Twitter who claim to be insiders:

http://www.onthefore...-l-u-n-d-system

im not too sure why colombus would deal Nash right now anyway? there's 6 years left to his contract there's no rush... i think they should wait to see who they get and if he's ready (lets say yakupov) he's a good playmaker from what i saw at the world juniors and he could work well with Nash and he'd be a good vet to be around for the kid...

but they could also reload getting multiple pieces for Nash but why rush? there's only buying teams so half the league making offers really... they should wait for the draft at least to see who's picking where and all, they may be able to get a better return too, no need to rush at all

If Nash has another year like this one, the cat might be out of the bag about his actual value. Plus Columbus probably lost a ton of money this year and wants to cut salary.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#339 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,374 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

This article provides some nice shots at all those morons on Twitter who claim to be insiders:

I made it as far as the DENNIS system and had to go watch part of that episode.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#340 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

This...this is glorious. :lol:

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users