• Please log in to reply
790 replies to this topic

#341 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

This article provides some nice shots at all those morons on Twitter who claim to be insiders:

http://www.onthefore...-l-u-n-d-system

perfect

#342 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

Mike Green is RFA after this year and his current cap hit is 5.25 mill, ee seems to be having a bad year with the Caps and I think he could solidify the blue line. What are your thoughts on Mike Green? Would Caps be willing to part with him? And would do you guys think he would cost the Devils?

Edited by Anhkheg, 20 February 2012 - 09:14 PM.

#343 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

Mike Green is RFA after this year and his current cap hit is 5.25 mill, ee seems to be having a bad year with the Caps and I think he could solidify the blue line. What are your thoughts on Mike Green? Would Caps be willing to part with him? And would do you guys think he would cost the Devils?

Not sure he ever fits in with this Devils team's dynamics. Lou wouldn't approve.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#344 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

we would have to overpay, and the caps would want us to over over (over) pay.

i dont want no part of green. there are tons of other options.

#345 McMullen82

McMullen82

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

Green has been hurt most of the year and just came back from sports hernia surgery. I don't believe he's going anywhere for that reason and the fact that when healthy, he can be the Caps best defenseman. To me it's much more likely that the Caps will move Dennis Wideman(UFA after the season) if they continue their slide going into the trade deadline next week

#346 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

Yeah, and Wideman probably won't happen either. I was thinking the Devils should go after him during all the Ryan Suter talk that was going on earlier in the season. Unfortunately for us, he's turning out to have a monster year (Wideman), so he will probably be getting paid a lot of money, which the Devils may not have. Wideman's one of my favorite players though and there's almost no one else I'd rather see the team sign...well, other than Parise of course.

But, after all, NJ is in 4th in the east, definitely has a bright future, and has experienced lots of injuries this year. Maybe he'll be open to coming to play in New Jersey. We can always dream, right?

#347 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

Not sure he ever fits in with this Devils team's dynamics. Lou wouldn't approve.

Yes, this.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#348 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,248 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

the way this nash situation is coming out is a joke.

he HAS to be dealt now and the return is really going to be terrible.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#349 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,095 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:40 PM

the way this nash situation is coming out is a joke.

he HAS to be dealt now and the return is really going to be terrible.

Is there any news?

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#350 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:31 AM

Is there any news?

Well, if it takes any longer for him to be traded and other teams clearly remove themselves from the race for him his value will lessen. Now that Philly made a move with Kubina they are not going to be as desperate either.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#351 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,248 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:39 AM

Is there any news?

both nash and howson have talked openly about how "they're getting closer" - its been wildly reported what teams are involved and what they're offering. i've never seen something so public IN season.

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-

#352 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:01 AM

apparently bob mckenzie was on canadian tv and said lou is looking for a premier defender.

#353 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,248 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:27 AM

apparently bob mckenzie was on canadian tv and said lou is looking for a premier defender.

he mentioned the devils in relation to zidlicky and just that other teams are also interested in him

20082719943.png
-

#354 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:38 AM

I guess its sure info if its Bob Mckenzie who says that.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#355 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,500 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

both nash and howson have talked openly about how "they're getting closer" - its been wildly reported what teams are involved and what they're offering. i've never seen something so public IN season.

nash doesn't need to fetch a great return, he's on a horrible contract until the end of time. there's just not going to be that many teams who are going to go after him.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#356 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

Erik Johnson is going to be a RFA. Since we are talking RFA defensemen (Mike Green) why not bring him into the picture? I doubt the Devils would ever sign him or pursue him but I doubt they would Green either. Lol.

What about Cory Sarich? He'll be a UFA next year and had a pretty good year last year - not a "premier" defenseman but I think he'd be a nice piece.

n2eg.jpg

#357 jamieleewv

jamieleewv

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

I honestly think zidlicky will be here before the deadline. Considering wild have had scouts at our last 2 games. Hopefully they do not take palmieri though

#358 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

McKenzie said to keep an eye on the Devils. He mentioned Hemsky's name which I thought was odd, considering forward isn't an extreme need, although if Zajac is out and concern is there, adding a playmaker might make sense.

McKenzie mentioned that the feeling with the Devils is that the East is wide open this year as it's been in a few years and there's a mentality to go for it considering all the uncertainty with ownership, finances, Parise, Brodeur, etc.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#359 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,248 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

nash doesn't need to fetch a great return, he's on a horrible contract until the end of time. there's just not going to be that many teams who are going to go after him.

too many fans in columbus do not think this way. he is the face of that franchise and his ultimate departure will really be a black mark on that team. at this point, i think they best they're going to get is Jack Johnson, a young forward like Loktionov and their #1 pick. not really a great haul at all.

20082719943.png
-

#360 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

I honestly think zidlicky will be here before the deadline. Considering wild have had scouts at our last 2 games. Hopefully they do not take palmieri though

Where did you find the information about where the Scouts were?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users