790 replies to this topic

#361 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

too many fans in columbus do not think this way. he is the face of that franchise and his ultimate departure will really be a black mark on that team. at this point, i think they best they're going to get is Jack Johnson, a young forward like Loktionov and their #1 pick. not really a great haul at all.

Jack Johnson said we wouldn't go to cbj

#362 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,568 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

too many fans in columbus do not think this way. he is the face of that franchise and his ultimate departure will really be a black mark on that team. at this point, i think they best they're going to get is Jack Johnson, a young forward like Loktionov and their #1 pick. not really a great haul at all.

Meh, they should be getting another face of the franchise in the draft. The Nash drumbeat is a media thing, IMO - Brooks made the best point of anyone, what GM would've signed Nash for a 7.8M cap hit? None of them. Lombardi nickel and dimed Kovalchuk (to the extent that it's possible to nickel and dime someone receiving an $80+ million contract), why would he sign Nash for a $2M more cap hit plus give up assets?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#363 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,720 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

Where did you find the information about where the Scouts were?

People randomly report stuff like that on Twitter and such. I think TG every once in a while mentions if there's scouts at games.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#364 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

Meh, they should be getting another face of the franchise in the draft. The Nash drumbeat is a media thing, IMO - Brooks made the best point of anyone, what GM would've signed Nash for a 7.8M cap hit? None of them. Lombardi nickel and dimed Kovalchuk (to the extent that it's possible to nickel and dime someone receiving an $80+ million contract), why would he sign Nash for a $2M more cap hit plus give up assets?

I suspect that the Kings would be sending Jack Johnson the other way, which makes the dollar figures a little better for them.

Barring that though, it makes more sense for them to make a run at Parise, or perhaps take their chances that Nash can be a plan B if Columbus can't work out a deal before the deadline.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#365 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

tampa>downie>colorado per mcKenzie, now we are rolling.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#366 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,751 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

Downie for Quincey. interesting, but yeah i guess tampa need a dman more than anything

www.SterioDesign.com

#367 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Nope Bmac says TBL flipped Quincey to DET for a 1st rd pick.

3 - Way - eh?

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
I am now hearing TB has traded Kyle Quincey to DET. Working on details but sounds like Quincey to DET for a first-round pick. Verifying.

Edited by DevilinLA, 21 February 2012 - 04:21 PM.

Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#368 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

IMO they'd be much better off with a bunch or young key role players and an extra 1st round draft pick. It's how this team, if ever, will turn around.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#369 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

Its a way for Colorado and Detroit to do a deal without doing a deal haha.

#370 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,751 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

nice move by Yzerman

www.SterioDesign.com

#371 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

I bet stamkos is prettyyyyy peeved over downie being traded. They were best friends

#372 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,751 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

I bet stamkos is prettyyyyy peeved over downie being traded. They were best friends

they just had to do better and be sellers this season

www.SterioDesign.com

#373 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

Side note, my least favorite part of trading season every year is the incorrect use of the word "per". It means "according to" in the sense of "in accordance with". Ex.: Lou, I told the media "status quo" per your instructions. It does not mean "according to" a specific person/media outlet.

Now, if anyone needs me, I have to climb down from my soap box and spray it to remove the footprints, per the instructions on my Clorox disinfecting spray.
Posted Image

#374 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,568 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

Side note, my least favorite part of trading season every year is the incorrect use of the word "per". It means "according to" in the sense of "in accordance with". Ex.: Lou, I told the media "status quo" per your instructions. It does not mean "according to" a specific person/media outlet.

Now, if anyone needs me, I have to climb down from my soap box and spray it to remove the footprints, per the instructions on my Clorox disinfecting spray.

I hate the use of per - although I didn't know that it was being used - and the use of 'as per' grates on my ears as both pretentious and wrong. But it's a Twitter world now, so simplifying anything like that is going to become more and more commonplace.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#375 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

I hate the use of per - although I didn't know that it was being used - and the use of 'as per' grates on my ears as both pretentious and wrong. But it's a Twitter world now, so simplifying anything like that is going to become more and more commonplace.

You're right, Tri, that I wasn't reacting to it being used here excessively. It was used a lot on Twitter when the 3-way trade went down and then I saw in this thread title. I have the same reaction to it that you do. Unfortunately, resistance is futile.
Posted Image

#376 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

How does McKenzie get all of this information? Does he talk to the league about it?

#377 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

How does McKenzie get all of this information? Does he talk to the league about it?

He is an established Hockey reporter, so naturally he has better sources and contacts and gets some info first. Obviously it doesn't mean he is right about something he says.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#378 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,005 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

He is an established Hockey reporter, so naturally he has better sources and contacts and gets some info first. Obviously it doesn't mean he is right about something he says.

Usually he is. McKenzie is far and away the best "insider" in the business. There really is no one close. What he says is pretty much 100% accurate. He doesn't race to be the first one to announce anything, only to end up having egg on his face. He usually is just the first one to report something 100% accurate because he is damn good at his job and extremely well trusted among the GMs. He isn't going to spit out ridiculous rumours, and he isn't a mouth-piece for GMs either.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#379 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

Usually he is. McKenzie is far and away the best "insider" in the business. There really is no one close. What he says is pretty much 100% accurate. He doesn't race to be the first one to announce anything, only to end up having egg on his face. He usually is just the first one to report something 100% accurate because he is damn good at his job and extremely well trusted among the GMs. He isn't going to spit out ridiculous rumours, and he isn't a mouth-piece for GMs either.

I agree, there's also Darren Dreger who's pretty good. He seems to get info pretty quickly on trades, signings and especially rumors.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#380 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

Vishnovski from Anaheim is mi guess!!!!

I have no sources but a hell of intuition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users