getzlaf and bobby ryan for parise mattias and a first rounder

#22 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

Derek Roy? Jason Pomminville? Drew Stafford?
Dominic Moore? Plekanec?

Who knows...

#23 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

Stafford is a RW so he'd be a plus. Pominville is probably not in the mix of Sabres.

The only decent and needed D Man from Montreal would be Hall Gill.

Visnovksy from the Ducks perhaps. But the Ducks have been doing better as of late and they're probably in wait and see mode.

TB. Brewer, Kubina, Gilroy, Ohlund

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#24 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

While the Sabres need offense I don't see NJ doing anything "Parise big" with Buffalo. As it is right now they are out of the playoff race and we are not. Parise is going to be a UFA anyway so rolling the dice he will resign there makes no sense. NJ could do Roy and Leopold for Parise and Greene but then Zach could just resign here in the off season anyway. At least that is how I see it.

815631765.gif

#25 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

The only decent and needed D Man from Montreal would be Hall Gill.

Subban, but they're not going to trade him.

While the Sabres need offense I don't see NJ doing anything "Parise big" with Buffalo. As it is right now they are out of the playoff race and we are not. Parise is going to be a UFA anyway so rolling the dice he will resign there makes no sense. NJ could do Roy and Leopold for Parise and Greene but then Zach could just resign here in the off season anyway. At least that is how I see it.

If we trade Zach, I dont think it will be to an Eastern Conference team.

#26 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

Subban, but they're not going to trade him.

If we trade Zach, I dont think it will be to an Eastern Conference team.

Very true. Who else could we possibly offer for a top 6 forward and a D man from one of the eastern conference teams mentioned? Also I hear Subban is a cancer in the locker room. Jamie 2.0? Maybe I heard wrong. :noclue:

Edited by NJDevils1214, 25 January 2012 - 03:12 PM.

815631765.gif

#27 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

We could trade Parise to St. Louis for Barret Jackman and another player.

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#28 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:18 PM

Very true. Who else could we possibly offer for a top 6 forward and a D man from one of the eastern conference teams mentioned? Also I hear Subban is a cancer in the locker room. Jamie 2.0? Maybe I heard wrong. :noclue:

I dunno. Draft picks? Tedenby? Prospects? I have no idea. I cant imagine Lou shipping Zach off to any of those teams except Anaheim. Anaheim is believable for Zach, but I doubt he'd consider re-signing there as they're worse off than we are + Getzlaf/Ryan are locked up for years. Maybe they're looking at two deals. I could see a prospects/draft pick package for one of the two things the rumor says we want.

As for Subban, never thought of him outside of watching him play, so no idea on what he's about off the ice.

#29 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

Subban would be a nightmare for us. Dude thinks he's Bobby Orr. We don't have another D Man quick enough to transition if Subban gets caught up behind the play.

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#30 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:29 PM

getzlaf and bobby ryan for parise mattias and a first rounder

I wouldn't mind Bobby Ryan coming here that's for sure. That wouldn't be the worst trade in the world either.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#31 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:33 PM

Subban would be a nightmare for us. Dude thinks he's Bobby Orr. We don't have another D Man quick enough to transition if Subban gets caught up behind the play.

He looked pretty lame in the only game I saw this year. Pens/Habs
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#32 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,734 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:40 PM

I don't see it. In some crazy world I could see the Devils trading Parise out west and then going after one of these players as a replacement, but right now? The Devils don't have the assets.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#33 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

I don't see it. In some crazy world I could see the Devils trading Parise out west and then going after one of these players as a replacement, but right now? The Devils don't have the assets.

Oh great! And here comes Triumph to harsh our buzz with reality.

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#34 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:54 PM

Oh great! And here comes Triumph to harsh our buzz with reality.

He said the same thing when the Kovy rumors started. Hes mostly right, but no one knows until the deadline passes. Its harder to gauge this time around with all the rumors about financial hardship/Zach's FA etc.

#35 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:57 PM

Devils should not be making any significant additions that cost top prospects or picks. We're not a contender this year. Our goaltending situation is not of consistency or quality and our defense is, well, what it is.

As of today and moving forward, the sole focus should be Lou and ownership finding the course for the Parise situation. They need to find his intent on contract numbers and re-signing here. If he's intent on testing FA, he's gone. And if Lou loses another player without getting anything, I'll flip my lid.

This is a distinctly different situation than what the Devils dealt with back during the Gomez, Holik, Niedermayer, Rafalski situations.

Carrying Parise into the spring knowing your'e going to lose him by his choice, or even worse you know you may not be able to pay him regardless, just so you can battle for a 7 or 8 seed (if we're lucky) is such a bad approach and short-handed (no pun intended) way of dealing with the franchise.

Getting a million now into ownership coffers for a game or two in the 1st round, where we'd be lucky to squeak out a win against the Bruins or Rangers/Flyers, would be moot when the team is worse without Parise and no assets to fill in and re-tool the roster in his absence.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#36 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,948 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

Bobby Ryan please :boogie:

#37 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

Devils should not be making any significant additions that cost top prospects or picks. We're not a contender this year. Our goaltending situation is not of consistency or quality and our defense is, well, what it is.

As of today and moving forward, the sole focus should be Lou and ownership finding the course for the Parise situation. They need to find his intent on contract numbers and re-signing here. If he's intent on testing FA, he's gone. And if Lou loses another player without getting anything, I'll flip my lid.

This is a distinctly different situation than what the Devils dealt with back during the Gomez, Holik, Niedermayer, Rafalski situations.

Carrying Parise into the spring knowing your'e going to lose him by his choice, or even worse you know you may not be able to pay him regardless, just so you can battle for a 7 or 8 seed (if we're lucky) is such a bad approach and short-handed (no pun intended) way of dealing with the franchise.

Getting a million now into ownership coffers for a game or two in the 1st round, where we'd be lucky to squeak out a win against the Bruins or Rangers/Flyers, would be moot when the team is worse without Parise and no assets to fill in and re-tool the roster in his absence.

Undrstodd, but standing around doing nothing while the ship sinks might be the springboard for parise to leave. He does want to be with a club that will make a serious attempt at a run.

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#38 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:38 PM

Undrstodd, but standing around doing nothing while the ship sinks might be the springboard for parise to leave. He does want to be with a club that will make a serious attempt at a run.

That would be the worst thing to do. Even worse than the Kovy escapade.

I would think he wants to be with a team that is capable of making a run and has a stable situation with a clear direction and philosophy and be a sustainable contender. Trading away the limited pool of assets the Devils have (and absolutely need in the coming years) for a mid 30s defensemen or some overvalued forward who is redundant.

With the injuries piling up, it's becoming clearer and clearer what should be done. What is done in the end, is a wait and see.

Lou's been awful since the lockout and his approach is very much yesteryear to how things are done, so I expect the wrong move to be made.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#39 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

Parise for stamkos and hedman...lol

mmmm add Tampa's 2012 first round pick and i'd go for it :giggle:

www.SterioDesign.com

#40 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,734 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

Lou's been awful since the lockout and his approach is very much yesteryear to how things are done, so I expect the wrong move to be made.

It's not. If you make the playoffs, you're in - you can do anything. There's no telling what could happen once this team - any team - gets into the tournament.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users