well im just guessing.

#422 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

One rumor that seems to be gaining traction is the Sharks going after BOTH Carter and Nash. I dont buy that, but the Sharks have proven their willingness to do crazy sh!t.

I have no idea how they would swing that. I guess like Marleau, Couture, and Murray going the other way? Whatever the case, that would probably be the biggest non-Gretzky trade in NHL history.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#423 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

I have no clue if this person is credible. I'm guessing this guy isn't but anways..

https://twitter.com/#!/hhr_hockey

NJ & STL have picked up their interest in Pahlsson. NJ also spoke with Kings regarding Jarret Stoll...more to come

DEVILS: Could see Lou bring in a defencemen named Visnovky, Hamrlik or Zidlicky. Lubo is at the top of their List. Hamrlik interest from STL

#424 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

at this point im not even sure that we should make a trade really, we're winning now against big teams and we're eventually getting Zajac, Larsson and Tallinder back (means we'll be getting rid of our dead weight but still have it in case) and thats all without giving up anything.

www.SterioDesign.com

#425 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

Unless we get Zidlicky, I think Foster stays. I could see us rolling with 7 dmen and Kovy being double shifted on the 4th line

#426 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

I have no clue if this person is credible. I'm guessing this guy isn't but anways..

He appears to be an adherent to the E.K.L.U.N.D. System.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#427 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

at this point im not even sure that we should make a trade really, we're winning now against big teams and we're eventually getting Zajac, Larsson and Tallinder back (means we'll be getting rid of our dead weight but still have it in case) and thats all without giving up anything.

Im really not big on Tallinder. He has many wtf moments and is very weak along the boards sometimes. I also thought he would of brought a more offensive game when we signed him. I would package him and Tedenby for someone.

Edited by Zubie#8, 23 February 2012 - 04:04 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#428 jamieleewv

jamieleewv

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

Not sure how credible that guy on twitter is but visnovsky to devils would be sweet! Cannot see ducks moving anyone though given there form of late.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Edited by jamieleewv, 23 February 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#429 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

LOL and this one too:

https://twitter.com/#!/TheNHLTradeWire

#430 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

Im really not big on Tallinder. He has many wtf moments and is very weak along the boards sometimes. I also thought he would of brought a more offensive game when we signed him. I would package him and Tedenby for someone.

yeah i dont like him either but who could you get ? depending if we go for a UFA or a signed player too... not too sure i'd give up Tedenby for a rental and then we dont make it out of the first round and we lost a potential good player and the other guy doesnt resign with us

i'd rather package Palmieri + Tallinder + Corrente + 2nd/3rd for a dman... i think we could get a decent return for that... maybe a real good rental or an above average signed player or a good prospect who need a change of scenery or something

www.SterioDesign.com

#431 njdevs89

njdevs89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

yeah i dont like him either but who could you get ? depending if we go for a UFA or a signed player too... not too sure i'd give up Tedenby for a rental and then we dont make it out of the first round and we lost a potential good player and the other guy doesnt resign with us

i'd rather package Palmieri + Tallinder + Corrente + 2nd/3rd for a dman... i think we could get a decent return for that... maybe a real good rental or an above average signed player or a good prospect who need a change of scenery or something

Like a Luke Schenn? Imagine him and the a-train paired together? Hit parade I tells ya, hit parade.

#432 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

Here's the thing people (and it's been said before):

Who, exactly, do you think a package of Tallinder (currently hurt for the foreseeable future) + Palmieri (currently playing 4th line minutes) + Tedenby (literally did nothing at the NHL level this year, value has hit an all-time low) + a late 2nd/3rd round pick will get the Devils?

Other GMs aren't stupid; they aren't going to package a top-pairing D-man for our scraps

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#433 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

Twitter's going to be the bane of the universe for all future deadlines. Between the half-baked speculation getting reported on and the fan tweets that are intentionally mocking the inaccuracy of the twitter world, I'm almost glad I'm not around during the day when most of this stuff happens. Though I do wish I was able to watch TSN.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#434 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

Tallinder is more valuable to the Devils than as trade bait. When he's in the lineup, he's not flashy but he's steady and dependable. He has a few defensive zone breakdowns on occasion, but who among the Devils' defenders doesn't? More to the point, along the lines of what D118 said, exactly what defenseman would be coming back that would be a significant upgrade?

Tallinder can handle lots of minutes and makes less than $3.5 mil/year. I'd rather see the Devils keep him.

As for a package of something like Palmieri + Corrente + Tallinder + 2nd for a rental player, that's actually overpaying for most of the names out there. A team like Edmonton would likely take a return like that for Hemsky - a top-4 minute defender, another young forward, a depth defender, and a 2nd rounder (probably Washington's) for a guy they aren't likely to re-sign and who is no longer relied on to carry the offense? That's overpaying.

Also, Pahlsson? Really? If the Devils make a move to get Pahlsson it will be like Lamoriello admitting he still wishes it was 2004. Pahlsson's always been overrated and at this point in his career he's a 4th liner - making $2.65mil.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#435 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

Like a Luke Schenn? Imagine him and the a-train paired together? Hit parade I tells ya, hit parade.

if we'd be trading with Toronto i know Burke likes big guys so Palmieri could work but i think Wilson would like Tedenby a lot since their games is based on fast breakout and players skating full speed and that's Tedenby right there

i think Schenn is really overated and overpaid for what he's doing but theres 3 guys on toronto's blueline that i wouldnt mind

Gunnarson is a good PMD and can be solid but he's not too physical ( $1.3m signed for next season too) 21pts - 25 years old /
Gardiner is a good skater and good offensively but he's so small ( $875k first year of his entry-level contract) 25 pts - 21 years old
Franson is an offensive right handed shooter with a good shot who can run the powerplay ( $800k RFA this summer ) 27pts - 24 years old

obviously i doubt Burke would let one of those go and i think we need more experience but i'd still like to get one of those for the right price

www.SterioDesign.com

#436 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

Here's the thing people (and it's been said before):

Who, exactly, do you think a package of Tallinder (currently hurt for the foreseeable future) + Palmieri (currently playing 4th line minutes) + Tedenby (literally did nothing at the NHL level this year, value has hit an all-time low) + a late 2nd/3rd round pick will get the Devils?

Other GMs aren't stupid; they aren't going to package a top-pairing D-man for our scraps

Well i never said it could get us a current top pairing guy but i think we could get a really decent younger guy with good upsides who could bring as much production as Tallinder now and we'd be dumping salary.

as for Palmieri and Teddy i think it's safe to say that Tedenby can produce in the NHL cause he's not a 3rd-4th line player but im sure he could do well somewhere else where he'd be given the chance and Palmieri well... he's big ? lol some could bite

www.SterioDesign.com

#437 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

rumours about Carter to LA... hilarious that Richard, Carter and Gagner would endup all together again on a different team

www.SterioDesign.com

#438 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

I can't wait to hear how stupid this trade is going to be for Columbus.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#439 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

Jack Johnson and a first for Carter? I can live with that if you're CLB. Johnson can anchor the D.

They do need a center to play with Nash. Anyone to play with Nash.

#440 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

Jack Johnson and a first for Carter? I can live with that if you're CLB. Johnson can anchor the D.

They do need a center to play with Nash. Anyone to play with Nash.

Ewww. Jack Johnson is probably worse at d than foster is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users