790 replies to this topic

#521 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

Nash, Richards, Gaborik is solid enough, but add solid net keeping by Lundqvist and they're almost a lock to get to the SCF

I agree in the sense that I think they will be favored, but anything more than that is silly. Theres way too much time left in the season for something to go wrong. If healthy, the Rags (w/ Nash) will be a force, especially if he gels. The Cup talk will have real weight to it, but saying they are almost a lock, nah. They're not going to storm anyone in the playoffs because of how competitive the top 8 in the east will be. Lundqvist has done nothing in his career to show he won't crack when the chips are down.

#522 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

Clarkson has more goals than Nash. nuff said

Edited by Mayday, 25 February 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#523 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

Columbus is an awful team though. Look at Elias's numbers last year, for example. Not a great year for him, but, as he's proven this year, it certainly wasn't all his fault.

I think Nash would thrive on a competitive team.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#524 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,325 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

If the Rags get Nash there's no way they're getting Parise over the summer.

this is true - which is why i'm for it. i have to think that parise ends up with one of these teams as of right now (Nash would remove NYR from equation): NJD, NYR, DET, MIN, CHI.

If the Rags get Nash we might as well hand them the cup now.

the rangers' cup hopes are all based on lundqvist. it's really that simple. if he is as good as he's been for most of the season, they will be very difficult to beat. depending on what they give up from the current roster (and recent reports of hagelin or mcdonaugh/del zotto make me smile) their skaters could actually wash out.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#525 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

Columbus is an awful team though. Look at Elias's numbers last year, for example. Not a great year for him, but, as he's proven this year, it certainly wasn't all his fault.

I think Nash would thrive on a competitive team.

yeah i was kidding haha but still

Im not a cap guru but does NY really want a guy signed a 7.8M long term? They have a lot of young defensemen who are will be getting some nice contracts.

Howson better not just take the best package before the deadline. Nash is a franchise player be smart.

#526 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

Im not a cap guru but does NY really want a guy signed a 7.8M long term? They have a lot of young defensemen who are will be getting some nice contracts.

The Rangers are slowly falling back into the trap of having an all-star team that can't win, circa late 90s and early 2000s. I have no doubt that these signings will soon take their toll, but for now they may just win a championship.

#527 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

For what its worth, sounds like a bunch of bullsh!t to me. Maybe this guy will finally be exposed:

Incarcerated Bob ‏ @incarceratedbob Reply Favorite · Open
**BREAKING NHL NEWS**Source: Rangers have acquired RICK NASH! Deal is done (Announcement after game or Sunday is the word #IBN is getting)

Edited by Amberite, 25 February 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#528 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

Clarkson also has more goals then Parise, Iginla, Giroux, Vanek, Ryan, Staal, Lecavalier, St. Luis, Alfredsson, Selanne, Heatley, Elias, Datsyuk, Franzen, Jagr etc etc..

So yeah, no, that doesn't say sh!t.
Posted Image

#529 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,325 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

Clarkson also has more goals then Parise, Iginla, Giroux, Vanek, Ryan, Staal, Lecavalier, St. Luis, Alfredsson, Selanne, Heatley, Elias, Datsyuk, Franzen, Jagr etc etc..

So yeah, no, that doesn't say sh!t.

clarkson doesn't have a cap hit of $7.8MM and isn't asked to be the offensive leader of his team.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#530 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

clarkson doesn't have a cap hit of $7.8MM and isn't asked to be the offensive leader of his team.

So by that logic, you also wouldn't want any of the players I mentioned above..? Seeing as how Clarkson has scored more then them this year..
Posted Image

#531 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

So by that logic, you also wouldn't want any of the players I mentioned above..? Seeing as how Clarkson has scored more then them this year..

I wouldn't want: Lecavalier, Iginla, Vanek, Staal, Heatley. I would not take these players on their current contracts for free.

I think a lot of the players you mention are way past their prime and may be declining such that I wouldn't want them.

Players of Nash's pedigree don't often have a happy career past age 30.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#532 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

If Incarcerated Bob is so smart, let's see him predict what's going back the other way for Nash...it seems to be more than 50-50 that they get Nash now anyway after that heist they pulled off with the Panthers to clear cap space.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 25 February 2012 - 07:02 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#533 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

If Incarcerated Bob is so smart, let's see him predict what's going back the other way for Nash...it seems to be more than 50-50 that they get Nash now anyway after that heist they pulled off with the Panthers to clear cap space.

I think its largely enough that he is assuring that the trade is done. I mean, who else is saying that ? Guy is not 100%, 90% or even 80% accurate, but he is still a lot more accurate than most of the guys out there.

Lets see if the deal is really done. He seems pretty sure about it while nobody had any info saying that the deal was done.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#534 brodeur14301991

brodeur14301991

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

Was just watching HNIC and on Hot Stove Elliotte Friedman said that the Blue Jackets have told Nash he will NOT be moved. Take it for what it's worth, but now this is just getting weird.

#535 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

Well that sucks for Nash. Clearly he's not really wanted by CBJ, but now he gets to stick it out and relive this whole situation before the draft.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#536 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

Incarcerated Bob makes educated guesses and every now and then something sticks and he tries to turn it around into him predicting it so he gets credit. I will admit I follow him on twitter because I find it funny when he gets defensive and tries to start sh!t by using his "goons". As Spector said today, the only Bob on twitter that has any real sources or info is Bob McKenzie.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#537 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

Incarcerated Bob makes educated guesses and every now and then something sticks and he tries to turn it around into him predicting it so he gets credit. I will admit I follow him on twitter because I find it funny when he gets defensive and tries to start sh!t by using his "goons". As Spector said today, the only Bob on twitter that has any real sources or info is Bob McKenzie.

He's also incredibly unprofessional. If he did have any actual sources I really don't know how much longer they'd give him information with the way he acts.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#538 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

He's also incredibly unprofessional. If he did have any actual sources I really don't know how much longer they'd give him information with the way he acts.

God you should have seen him with the Asomugha thing, bullying everyone on Twitter for a day that it was a done deal to the Jets and then when it didn't happen he ran away like a scared wuss.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#539 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

Interesting.....

Daren Millard ‏ @darenmillard Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Told the njd may not just be working on trades for players. #sntrade is working on interesting news higher on the food chain. C u mon.

#540 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

I'll kiss the sky if it's a resolution to the ownership situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users