Trade Rumors and minor team trades.

SS-SS

There's no consequences to someone like Bob breaking a story based on inside information since he's not a journalist and no one believes him. I don't think breaking that news would be at all difficult. Plus it seems like the Jets' organization had all sorts of leaks.Point is, he's one of these guys who purports to have inside info but in most cases he doesn't. Didn't he also have the NHLPA winning the Kovalchuk circumvention?

Who said he was always correct ? Nobody here said he was a 10 on 10. We only said he was 10 time more reliable than most guys out there. If you watch his tweets he calls more trade and signings correct than other guys and is less off target than the others.

If you guys bring up every single prediction he had wrong he will undoubtedly look like an A-hole as anybody would when ppl only point to his failures and forget the good predictions.

He is not a 100% reliable guy, but he is more reliable than most guys out there.

McKenzie and the other TSN guys never call trade this far before it happens. They usually have the info a couple of hours or even a couple of minutes before the trade is announced.

There's no consequences to someone like Bob breaking a story based on inside information since he's not a journalist and no one believes him. I don't think breaking that news would be at all difficult. Plus it seems like the Jets' organization had all sorts of leaks.

Point is, he's one of these guys who purports to have inside info but in most cases he doesn't. Didn't he also have the NHLPA winning the Kovalchuk circumvention?

Ain't that the truth...but he got the Asomugha to the Jets one wrong spectacularly and whined up and down over anyone who doubted him.

I think a lot of people did have the NHLPA winning the circumvention case though lol

Edited by NJDevs4978

What would be the worst situation with Parise? Him just walking at the end of the year and leaving us with nothing in return? Or would him leaving the team empty up some space and make it easier for us to sign some good defensive men? Besides signing him, trading him would be the best option right?

Btw I think the Devils as an organization should worry about something greater than Parise at the moment, and that's keeping the team in NJ. I'm hearing that with the debt and all, that after the finals the NHL will be taking over the Devils.

Seriously at this point I would almost rather the team just miss the playoffs a few years in a row so we can get some decent draft picks. It's almost annoying to have them be the 8th seed and have them get clobbered in the playoffs again.

I know that's not really an option with the finical situation but just my opinion.

Sorry got a little off topic there.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

Btw I think the Devils as an organization should worry about something greater than Parise at the moment, and that's keeping the team in NJ. I'm hearing that with the debt and all, that after the finals the NHL will be taking over the Devils.

We have a new building. The league wants us in NJ. The Isles might leave the market. Not us.

Seriously at this point I would almost rather the team just miss the playoffs a few years in a row so we can get some decent draft picks. It's almost annoying to have them be the 8th seed and have them get clobbered in the playoffs again.

I know that's not really an option with the finical situation but just my opinion.

What more do we need? If Larsson pans out, we have 3 legit studs moving forward with him (and that's leaving out Elias because of his age), Zach and Kovy. Even the biggest failures/tankers only got 4 out of the draft (Chicago -- Keith, Seabrook, Kane, Towes, Pittsburgh -- Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury if you're generous). You can't afford more superstars than that, and even with 4, it's tough. Ask Chicago. Hell, Pittsburgh has struggled to get wingers for their centers. If we keep Zach or get a guy like Bobby Ryan for him, we need to add solid role players around them, especially on d, but smart free agency moves, good work with later first round picks, and good trades are a better way to do that than tanking.

I'm gonna be so annoyed if they don't trade Zach.. That is assuming he doesn't sign before the deadline. They could get some serious draftpicks and reinforcements for him if they trade him to a contender.

Sad thing is Lou will probably do nothing..

Draft picks would be pretty useless. Only teams that woukd trade for Zach would be upper echelon teams that get you the number 20 pick if you're lucky. If a trade has to be made, I'm demanding, among other things, your trade partner's best prospect.

Seriously at this point I would almost rather the team just miss the playoffs a few years in a row so we can get some decent draft picks.

Yep, and hitting rock bottom a few years in a row would surely help our attendance, missing the playoffs would boost the revenue and we would stay in NJ for sure. :rolleyes:

I really don't know where you're coming from with this tanking suggestion. We have a franchise player signed to a life-long contract in his prime. Another one i possibly re-signing with us this summer. A surprise potential superstar in Henrique and a developing supertalent in Larsson. Plus, we have tremendous experience in one of the most underrated players in the league, who has more points than any one of the aforementioned players. Oh, and we also have cap space, which we might use if the financial situation lets us, or we might as well stay put. The point is: this is absolutely NO situation to tank. If you were saying this last year, I could understand. But this season? Winning division titles all those seasons really spoiled us. Now 8th place is a lost season... Come on.

It's almost annoying to have them be the 8th seed and have them get clobbered in the playoffs again.

Yeah, and finishing as division leaders really helped us in the playoffs post-lockout.

What I've learned from those last few years is that it doesn't matter what place you finish at as long as it' the top 8. If you're a hot team come playoff time and have the right mix of youth and experience on your roster, you have a good chance of succeeding no matter who you play. Finishing in the top 4 doesn't mean much if you're out of gas by March-April and the home ice advantage is just overrated.

What would be the worst situation with Parise? Him just walking at the end of the year and leaving us with nothing in return? Or would him leaving the team empty up some space and make it easier for us to sign some good defensive men? Besides signing him, trading him would be the best option right?

I'm not saying trading him wouldn't have its benefits, but no matter what any one of use thinks, Lou just doesn't do that when the Devs are a playoff team. If we get into some huge slump and fall out of the playoff picture before the deadline, then I can see that happening, but with the team in the top 10 it's not a possibility. Zach can still help us a) fight for the playoff spot and b) win some games in the postseason and Lou will get everything he can from his time in NJ.

hows that working for edm....might get them the 1st overall pick 3rd year in a row and counting

Edited by justdo3043

trade urbom/palmieri/2nd for drew stafford

parise-zajac-stafford

kovalchuk-josefson-henrique

sykora-elias-zubrus

ponikarovski-carter-clarkson

that's drool worthy. of course, getting zajac healthy would be nice and I'm not convinced that's going to happen at all this year.

No way man.