790 replies to this topic

#41 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

It's not. If you make the playoffs, you're in - you can do anything. There's no telling what could happen once this team - any team - gets into the tournament.

True...once the team is in the playoffs it can be an 8th seed team and still win the cup..
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#42 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

I don't think anyone can truly evaluate this team to a fair degree, considering they haven't played with a fully healthy squad all year. And while it's extremely doubtful the goal tending is good enough to make a serious run, it's always possible someone could get hot (i.e. dwayne roloson)...doubtful but possible. Of course they have to get in first, and we might not know until the last days of the regular season whether they're in or out.

Regarding Parise...I think they have to entertain offers come March; it would be stupid not to...but then again, there's only a small chance something materializes.

#43 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

I don't think anyone can truly evaluate this team to a fair degree, considering they haven't played with a fully healthy squad all year. And while it's extremely doubtful the goal tending is good enough to make a serious run, it's always possible someone could get hot (i.e. dwayne roloson)...doubtful but possible. Of course they have to get in first, and we might not know until the last days of the regular season whether they're in or out.

Regarding Parise...I think they have to entertain offers come March; it would be stupid not to...but then again, there's only a small chance something materializes.

the trade deadline is Feb 27th, so they have a month to entertain offers and then thats it

#44 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

oh geez the NL looks weak now

what about bobby ryan...woops nvm

Edited by lazer, 25 January 2012 - 07:29 PM.

Posted Image

#45 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:41 PM

Lou would never do this because he's Lou, but I'd offer parise and tedenby for Ryan. Parise is a ufa so I think adding tedenby could get it done

#46 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

I'm not familiar with his hockey rumors but his NYJ info BLOWS!

he called Schotty being gone 3 weeks before it was official... he's a hell of a lot more reliable than most.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#47 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

he called Schotty being gone 3 weeks before it was official... he's a hell of a lot more reliable than most.

He's not reliable. He's hit-an-miss. I can't speak for his other sports-connections.
He's been wrong a number of times this past summer and last.
He had JBou going to NJ as a definite over the summer alone.
He also had a Weber for Parise happening after the contract was signed.
Sure - maybe he posts what he hears like Ecklund - but I put about as much weight in what he says as what folks say here on NJDEVS
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#48 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:17 PM

He had the Schottenheimer move long before the season ended along with the stuff from other players about Sanchez being too comfortable, to his credit. That all became main stream after the season and he mentioned it with a few weeks to go in the season.

I know he's not always right, but he's also pretty good at pointing out if it's just a rumor or if he has confirmation.

Mehta had that and was holding the story for weeks. I'm giving bob NOTHING THERE,

#49 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,730 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:34 PM

Mehta had that and was holding the story for weeks. I'm giving bob NOTHING THERE,

Sooo.. they both had the same information, but you're giving nothing to one? It seems if he had the info, he must've got it from somewhere.

I mean I'm not really a fan of the guy, but he was the first to mention that.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#50 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,582 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:56 PM

Sooo.. they both had the same information, but you're giving nothing to one? It seems if he had the info, he must've got it from somewhere.

I mean I'm not really a fan of the guy, but he was the first to mention that.

There's no consequences to someone like Bob breaking a story based on inside information since he's not a journalist and no one believes him. I don't think breaking that news would be at all difficult. Plus it seems like the Jets' organization had all sorts of leaks.

Point is, he's one of these guys who purports to have inside info but in most cases he doesn't. Didn't he also have the NHLPA winning the Kovalchuk circumvention?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#51 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

If we are in such financial distress as an organization how can we be buyers?!?

#52 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

If we are in such financial distress as an organization how can we be buyers?!?

Nobody knows WTF is going on behind closed doors

#53 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

There's no consequences to someone like Bob breaking a story based on inside information since he's not a journalist and no one believes him. I don't think breaking that news would be at all difficult. Plus it seems like the Jets' organization had all sorts of leaks.Point is, he's one of these guys who purports to have inside info but in most cases he doesn't. Didn't he also have the NHLPA winning the Kovalchuk circumvention?

Who said he was always correct ? Nobody here said he was a 10 on 10. We only said he was 10 time more reliable than most guys out there. If you watch his tweets he calls more trade and signings correct than other guys and is less off target than the others.

If you guys bring up every single prediction he had wrong he will undoubtedly look like an A-hole as anybody would when ppl only point to his failures and forget the good predictions.

He is not a 100% reliable guy, but he is more reliable than most guys out there.

McKenzie and the other TSN guys never call trade this far before it happens. They usually have the info a couple of hours or even a couple of minutes before the trade is announced.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#54 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,207 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

There's no consequences to someone like Bob breaking a story based on inside information since he's not a journalist and no one believes him. I don't think breaking that news would be at all difficult. Plus it seems like the Jets' organization had all sorts of leaks.

Point is, he's one of these guys who purports to have inside info but in most cases he doesn't. Didn't he also have the NHLPA winning the Kovalchuk circumvention?

Ain't that the truth...but he got the Asomugha to the Jets one wrong spectacularly and whined up and down over anyone who doubted him.

I think a lot of people did have the NHLPA winning the circumvention case though lol

Edited by NJDevs4978, 25 January 2012 - 10:14 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#55 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

What would be the worst situation with Parise? Him just walking at the end of the year and leaving us with nothing in return? Or would him leaving the team empty up some space and make it easier for us to sign some good defensive men? Besides signing him, trading him would be the best option right?

Btw I think the Devils as an organization should worry about something greater than Parise at the moment, and that's keeping the team in NJ. I'm hearing that with the debt and all, that after the finals the NHL will be taking over the Devils.

Seriously at this point I would almost rather the team just miss the playoffs a few years in a row so we can get some decent draft picks. It's almost annoying to have them be the 8th seed and have them get clobbered in the playoffs again.
I know that's not really an option with the finical situation but just my opinion.

Sorry got a little off topic there.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3, 25 January 2012 - 11:00 PM.

Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#56 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:00 PM

they pretty much have to pull what they did in 95 when there was talks about them moving to Nashville... Winning the cup would bring LOTS of money and if would definitely help the organization, and Parise would probably re-sign. :koolaid:

but yeah... lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#57 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,112 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:41 PM

Where's Denis Potvin?

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#58 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:54 PM

Btw I think the Devils as an organization should worry about something greater than Parise at the moment, and that's keeping the team in NJ. I'm hearing that with the debt and all, that after the finals the NHL will be taking over the Devils.

We have a new building. The league wants us in NJ. The Isles might leave the market. Not us.

Seriously at this point I would almost rather the team just miss the playoffs a few years in a row so we can get some decent draft picks. It's almost annoying to have them be the 8th seed and have them get clobbered in the playoffs again.
I know that's not really an option with the finical situation but just my opinion.

What more do we need? If Larsson pans out, we have 3 legit studs moving forward with him (and that's leaving out Elias because of his age), Zach and Kovy. Even the biggest failures/tankers only got 4 out of the draft (Chicago -- Keith, Seabrook, Kane, Towes, Pittsburgh -- Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury if you're generous). You can't afford more superstars than that, and even with 4, it's tough. Ask Chicago. Hell, Pittsburgh has struggled to get wingers for their centers. If we keep Zach or get a guy like Bobby Ryan for him, we need to add solid role players around them, especially on d, but smart free agency moves, good work with later first round picks, and good trades are a better way to do that than tanking.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#59 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:09 AM

I'm gonna be so annoyed if they don't trade Zach.. That is assuming he doesn't sign before the deadline. They could get some serious draftpicks and reinforcements for him if they trade him to a contender.

Sad thing is Lou will probably do nothing..
Posted Image

#60 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,672 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

I'm gonna be so annoyed if they don't trade Zach.. That is assuming he doesn't sign before the deadline. They could get some serious draftpicks and reinforcements for him if they trade him to a contender.

Sad thing is Lou will probably do nothing..

Draft picks would be pretty useless. Only teams that woukd trade for Zach would be upper echelon teams that get you the number 20 pick if you're lucky. If a trade has to be made, I'm demanding, among other things, your trade partner's best prospect.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users