#581 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

espn radio had the rumor a week ago.

A rumor is something and saying that its done is something else. Throwing rumors around is easy, calling the trade is not easy.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#582 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

All he did was say that he was going to the Preds same thing ESPN radio did.

#583 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

Renaud P Lavoie ‏ @renhockey

Andrei Kostitsyn learned he's traded to Nashville, but is waiting for official words by #predators or #canadiens

for 2nd and 5th (2013)per TSN

Edited by eaglejelly, 27 February 2012 - 10:48 AM.

#584 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

espn radio had the rumor a week ago.

First to have a rumor is one thing, and that's great (Denis Potvin is a friggin oracle). But it's another to be the first to say the deal is done and they're filing the paperwork. (I see SS-SS beat me to it.)

I'm a relatively new follower of his on Twitter, but his street cred just skyrocketed in my book. If the Gaustad deal is true too, then this guy must have sources inside the NHL offices or something.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#585 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

He also called Nash to the Rangers done too lol.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#586 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:53 AM

IncarceratedBob also isn't saying to what team these players are allegedly being traded to, that's the only thing getting to me. He also says he broke the first trade of the day, yet said Sami Phalasson [sp?] was traded around 830 am.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#587 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

No one's pretending he's Bob McKenzie, but as far as rumor mongerers go, he seems to be better than the rest.
Posted Image

#588 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

FWIW Tomas Vokoun just had a quick conversation with Jim Johnson and then headed off the ice. Everyone else still out there. #caps

Edit: to add that came from kcarrera (Katie Carrera), a Caps beat reporter.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod, 27 February 2012 - 11:06 AM.

Posted Image

#589 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

No one's pretending he's Bob McKenzie, but as far as rumor mongerers go, he seems to be better than the rest.

Oh I agree 100%. I enjoy following him for the fact he's pretty freakin accurate compared to other quacks out there.

My issue is his personal glorification today about deals, yet wont say which team the player is going to.

It definitely is better than HockeyLiesAndCrap.com

#590 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

My issue is his personal glorification today about deals, yet wont say which team the player is going to.

Yeah, the dude definitely has a ego. Rubs it in when he's right, pretends it never happened when he's wrong. So it goes ...
Posted Image

#591 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

IncarceratedBob also isn't saying to what team these players are allegedly being traded to, that's the only thing getting to me. He also says he broke the first trade of the day, yet said Sami Phalasson [sp?] was traded around 830 am.

lol how do you follow this guy? it's obvious he's taking the most likely players to be moved, saying they're traded, and then waiting for it to happen.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#592 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

Unconfirmed rumors indicate that I've traded my lunch of a bologna sandwich, soda, fruit cup and cheddar-flavored popcorn to the guy who sits in a cube one aisle over.

It appears I may be getting a roast beef sandwich on a prezel roll in return. Future considerations may also be involved.

More information to follow as it becomes available.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#593 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

lol how do you follow this guy? it's obvious he's taking the most likely players to be moved, saying they're traded, and then waiting for it to happen.

entertainment's sake

#594 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

Just like last year, this day is more boring than watching CBJ play.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#595 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

I traded 90 minutes of sleep for 30 minutes on a treadmill plus a chest building routine.

experts are strongly disagreeing with the decision saying keeping sleep would have been the better choice.

#596 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:33 AM

Unconfirmed rumors indicate that I've traded my lunch of a bologna sandwich, soda, fruit cup and cheddar-flavored popcorn to the guy who sits in a cube one aisle over.

It appears I may be getting a roast beef sandwich on a prezel roll in return. Future considerations may also be involved.

More information to follow as it becomes available.

Conditional pick of Vanilla or Chocolate ice cream if Cromag thoroughly enjoys the roast beef for more than 2 minutes.
Put food on my family

#597 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,333 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

He gets lucky from time to time that something sticks when he makes guesses off of other media reports. The longer you hang on twitter the more often you'll see he's just another Єklund (2.3% accurate) type.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#598 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

He gets lucky from time to time that something sticks when he makes guesses off of other media reports. The longer you hang on twitter the more often you'll see he's just another Єklund (2.3% accurate) type.

Only he's better at actually fooling people than Єklund (2.3% accurate), who's just a parody at this point.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#599 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

I know its just ESPN but they have a lot of rumors up about either the Flyers going after Niemi and maybe Harding.. and that the Rangers could still be looking for some help.. kinda makes me want this deadline to hurry up

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#600 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

RUMOR:

Devils Ott Tedenby rumor

It didnt quote the rumor so I put the basics. Reading buzz on this on Twitter. Its all fans reacting outside of the initial Chere quote, but I dunno about this deal. He's 30 this year and is signed through 14/15 with a cap hit of 2.9. Hes on this team for a while if we acquire him.

Incarcerated Bob retweeted someone who said that the Blue Jackets took down Nash's banner at their arena this morning. He obviously really wants the Nash trade to happen lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users