790 replies to this topic

#641 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,321 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

So... 4 trades with about an hour to go.

YAY!!!!!

It's starting to pick up, looks like GM's might be giving up on their longshot dream trades and settling for the smaller stuff.

#642 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

IncarceratedBob is a troll of epic proportions. He was calling everyone out over the last 2 days who dared doubt his claim that Nash deal was done with the Rangers, cursing and making up stories about press conferences, etc. Now that nothing happened with Nash he is saying he was playing Rangers fans, and being a d!ck about it too. It baffles my mind how anyone still follows him on twitter.

My link

On actual “breaking reports” tweets, with specific information, Bob “broke” (or Tweeted before anyone else) the story little better than 2% of the time. A quick search of Twitter timelines shows that Bob simply copied the Tweets of some of his followers, nearly word for word, from a few minutes earlier.

#643 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,907 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

hahahaha o god how awful

I found it hilarious :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#644 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,918 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:10 PM

Johnny Oduya to the Blackhawks, per TSN.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#645 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:10 PM

EDIT, Too late

Edited by eaglejelly, 27 February 2012 - 02:11 PM.

#646 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

I've been following him today to see what he says about NHL trades. So far he claims Gaustad, Pahlson, Oduya and Allen have all been traded.... And yet none of them have.

Don't forget Kostitsyn. With Oduya now a Blackhawk and Pahlson in Vancouver, he's 3-for-5 on the day.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#647 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

Don't forget Kostitsyn. With Oduya now a Blackhawk and Pahlson in Vancouver, he's 3-for-5 on the day.

and Nash to NYR talks are picking up...

could you imagine he gets that one too?

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#648 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,918 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

a 2nd and a 3rd for Oduya. 'hawks got fleeced.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#649 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,107 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

Yeah, but all he said was they are being traded. Never a destination. He also said Allen and Spacek were dealt. These are ALL names that have been rumored to move for weeks. All he did was say they were moved and sit back and see if it happened.

It's the same thing he did with Nash to NYR. Everyone was rumoring it. So he said it was done, and waited to see if it would happen. When it became obvious it wouldn't, he claimed it was a 'reverse jinx'. Watch what happens if Nash DOES go to the Rags.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#650 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

I don't know why some of you even bother with these twitter idiots. I mean, I'm bored but I'm never that bored to be bothered reading that garbage.

#651 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

This is the most boring trade deadline ever
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#652 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

nj.com link nj.com story on how we might have been interested for Steve Ott :unsure: (but states giving up top prospects too steep a price)

someone in the comments proposed the thought of Tedenby for Ott...

Edited by Legion15, 27 February 2012 - 02:24 PM.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#653 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

and Nash to NYR talks are picking up...

could you imagine he gets that one too?

If this were to happen I highly doubt he would make tonight's game.

#654 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

Yeah, but all he said was they are being traded. Never a destination. He also said Allen and Spacek were dealt. These are ALL names that have been rumored to move for weeks. All he did was say they were moved and sit back and see if it happened.

It's the same thing he did with Nash to NYR. Everyone was rumoring it. So he said it was done, and waited to see if it would happen. When it became obvious it wouldn't, he claimed it was a 'reverse jinx'. Watch what happens if Nash DOES go to the Rags.

He's already saying "we really gonna go HAM #RJ 'd the #RJ 'd on them" WRT the Nash thing. Dude's definitely a troll.

I didn't see the Spacek one, but Allen was already counted in the 3-for-5. So he's 3-for-6. For someone who's nothing more than a rumor monger, those are good numbers. And, honestly, I couldn't care less that he's only saying someone's dealt with no further info. There are literally dozens of players who have been rumored to get dealt over the last couple weeks. He's named six, and three have moved. Even if he's just picking named out of a hat, he's doing so at an entertainingly high success rate.

To me, it's all part of the fun for a day like today. I can understand some being frustrated by it, but it entertains me. To each his own.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#655 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

If this were to happen I highly doubt he would make tonight's game.

o ya i agree

#656 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

Apparently a false alarm.

My link

Haha what timing by the city. I can't help but think that someone in that city office is a hockey fan and laughing at this.

Exactly. ANYONE following news today would be able to be 50%+ right by saying "player x will be traded".

#657 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,321 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

DebPlacey: There will be at least a couple trades announced after 3p, trade calls at NHL offices backed up [via Twitter]

interesting

#658 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

This is the most boring trade deadline ever

Someone says this every single year, and the same thing every July 1st. It's like people are expecting non-stop trades all day long.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#659 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

interesting

yea there usually is.. apparently its due to a long line of calls that exists to get trades in

#660 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

Someone says this every single year, and the same thing every July 1st. It's like people are expecting non-stop trades all day long.

Considering we're only two years removed from the most insane deadline day in history, its not a surprise. This year is definitely slow compared to the last few.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users