790 replies to this topic

#721 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,921 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

id assume that the nucks knew they had a good depth at center especially getting phalsson and wanted to bulk up their wing position with skills and thoughness

www.SterioDesign.com

#722 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

so what do the isles get, i looked through a few pgs must have missed it.
Posted Image

#723 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

lol at the Leafs acquiring Mark Fraser...former Devils made up half of deadline day's action :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 27 February 2012 - 03:57 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#724 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,775 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

I don't understand this deal for either team really.

Vancouver either doesn't think they need a center or they think Hodgson can't cut it as a center. Meanwhile they need wingers and Kassian's a winger. Sulzer is a body whereas Gragnani might play on Vancouver's 3rd pairing.

I mean, Kassian with the Sedins in 2 years sounds pretty good to me.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#725 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

zp doesn't seem like that type of guy. He knows what signing w the rags would mean to the devils and their fans.

If they offer him the most money, do you really think he'll care? And that's not knocking Zach...he'll get a chance to play in a lot of full houses, in New York, in front of a goalie who's very much in his prime, on a team that looks like it should be relevant for a while. That might appeal to him.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#726 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

for Yannick Riendeau and Marc Cantin.
Posted Image

#727 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

If they offer him the most money, do you really think he'll care? And that's not knocking Zach...he'll get a chance to play in a lot of full houses, in New York, in front of a goalie who's very much in his prime, on a team that looks like it should be relevant for a while. That might appeal to him.

Bingo. I always find it funny when fans think a crowd favorite would never ever sign with a rival because they are a rival.

If he is indeed looking to go to a contender then I hate to say this but the rags have that over us.

#728 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,289 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

It's pretty clear its not all about the money for Zach and the rangers have gotten pass the first round twice in the past 15 years. They are "better" then they have been in the past but not really that much more then us.

#729 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

zp doesn't seem like that type of guy. He knows what signing w the rags would mean to the devils and their fans.

Zach might care more about what his dad (long-time Islander) thinks about signing with the Rangers than any of the fans :P

I don't understand why the obsession about eliminating possible Parise destinations when there's going to be like 15-20 teams with the cap room to go after him at least. ONE other possible destination besides here is one too many. If this were a pre-cap world I'd be a lot more worried about the Rangers signing him than now. Sure they probably have enough room to sign him if they were going after Nash but so do a lot of other teams, and if offers were relatively equal (which they probably will be for a player of Zach's caliber in the supposed prime of his career), no I don't think Zach would pick the Rangers over say, the Kings, Detroit, etc.

The family ties combined with current team ties probably make it less likely he does that jump than almost any other player. I wouldn't put it completely out of the realm of possiblity like some but I don't think it'll get to the point where the Rangers' offer is so much more than anyone else's that he's compelled to take it.

It's pretty clear its not all about the money for Zach and the rangers have gotten pass the first round twice in the past 15 years.

We don't know if it's all about the money yet, he hasn't gone through UFA and hired a big-time agent in Meehan who usually is about the money. And that bit about the first round isn't going to apply after this year in all likelihood. Besides, what does any record pre-lockout have to do with now? The Rangers and the Devils have had similar 'success' since the lockout, but they're trending up faster than we are.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 27 February 2012 - 04:26 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#730 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,289 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

Bingo. I always find it funny when fans think a crowd favorite would never ever sign with a rival because they are a rival.

If he is indeed looking to go to a contender then I hate to say this but the rags have that over us.

I don't think Parise avoids the Rangers because of loyalty, i think he avoids the Rangers because they don't offer him anything that we can't.

I'd disagree that the Rangers are any more of a contender then we are. They might be a better team this year but they don't really have any more proven success then us in the last decade.

Now if they won the cup this year all bets are off but that's another thing I'm not too worried about.

#731 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

We're not a contender this year.

Are we only a contender when we have absolutely perfect goaltending, defense, offense, and depth? We're not the top dog going into the final stretch/playoffs but we are defiantly a contender.

Nashville has some balls for trading away a 1st for gaustad.

#732 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

I don't think Parise avoids the Rangers because of loyalty, i think he avoids the Rangers because they don't offer him anything that we can't.

I'd disagree that the Rangers are any more of a contender then we are. They might be a better team this year but they don't really have any more proven success then us in the last decade.

Now if they won the cup this year all bets are off but that's another thing I'm not too worried about.

The last decade doesn't matter. Parise is looking at the next decade.

That being said, I would be shocked to see him sign with the Rangers. I think he has a sense of loyalty at least to some extent.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#733 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,289 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

We don't know if it's all about the money yet, he hasn't gone through UFA and hired a big-time agent in Meehan who usually is about the money. And that bit about the first round isn't going to apply after this year in all likelihood. Besides, what does any record pre-lockout have to do with now? The Rangers and the Devils have had similar 'success' since the lockout, but they're trending up faster than we are.

So I can't speculate that it isn't about the money for Zack, but you can speculate that the Rangers are likely going to get passed the second round?

My point about the Rangers post season history is that it isn't any better then ours so why would Zack toss everything he established here away just to go play for a team that "might" be better? A perennial contender? sure, the Rangers? like I said before, just not worried about it.

#734 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

If they go 'at least' to the Eastern Conference Finals and we bow out in the first round again (a realistic scenario unfortunately), that'd be enough to show they are a title contender and the appearance would be we're still running in neutral with Marty almost done and Elias not getting any younger either.

So I can't speculate that it isn't about the money for Zack, but you can speculate that the Rangers are likely going to get passed the second round?

My point about the Rangers post season history is that it isn't any better then ours so why would Zack toss everything he established here away just to go play for a team that "might" be better? A perennial contender? sure, the Rangers? like I said before, just not worried about it.

Like someone else said, it's not about history it's about the 'next' 7-10 years, and the Rangers have a lot of good, young players either improving or almost ready with Lundqvist in the prime of his career. Sather's pre-lockout follies have nothing to do with the current team.

#735 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,289 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

The last decade doesn't matter. Parise is looking at the next decade.

That being said, I would be shocked to see him sign with the Rangers. I think he has a sense of loyalty at least to some extent.

The is nothing to indicate that the Rangers are going to be competitive over the next decade any more then our team. We have some pretty big names here too and while Broduer might be a shadow of his former self, it's clear you don't need a goalie that can carry you anymore to win a cup, it's nice but not a requirement.

#736 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

For a while, a lot of our fanbase assumed Parise hated sharing the spotlight and losing minutes to a star like Kovalchuk. Now a lot of people assume the Rangers might be a likely destination.

If he doesn't like sharing spotlights/losing minutes to big-name acquisitions, then the Rangers -- the league's Type-A starfvcking franchise -- are the absolute last team he'd want to go to.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#737 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

Hope the Bs enjoy Rolston and Mottau. WTF?
Posted Image

#738 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

now that the Bs have Rolston, they will lose miserably to us on Thursday expecting to 'unload' that cannon. on the downside, poor plexi glass will suffer after having all that time off from Rolston.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#739 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,289 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

If they go 'at least' to the Eastern Conference Finals and we bow out in the first round again (a realistic scenario unfortunately), that'd be enough to show they are a title contender and the appearance would be we're still running in neutral with Marty almost done and Elias not getting any younger either.

Like someone else said, it's not about history it's about the 'next' 7-10 years, and the Rangers have a lot of good, young players either improving or almost ready with Lundqvist in the prime of his career. Sather's pre-lockout follies have nothing to do with the current team.

The rangers are getting super human goaltending from Lundvist. Sometimes that's enough to win a cup in a year but rarely can a goalie ever carry a team to several. Other then Henrik and Callahan who is really having a standout season? Del Zotto maybe? We have young talent too, you don't think playing with Zajac, Henrique and Kovy for the next 5-7 years is appealing? I think on paper it's a wash and then factor in that he seems to actually like being the captain of our team, going to the Rangers seems remote.

#740 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

For a while, a lot of our fanbase assumed Parise hated sharing the spotlight and losing minutes to a star like Kovalchuk. Now a lot of people assume the Rangers might be a likely destination.

If he doesn't like sharing spotlights/losing minutes to big-name acquisitions, then the Rangers -- the league's Type-A starfvcking franchise -- are the absolute last team he'd want to go to.

It has nothing to do with sharing spotlights or losing minutes. With the Rangers he gets to play for a good team with packed house every night whose finances are in much much better shape than the Devils' will ever be save for Mark Zuckerberg buying the team.

Really I think the thing that perhaps stops it is the Rangers, and especially Sather's, awful track record with signing ex-Devils to big contracts.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users