Posted Image

#62 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:38 AM

Give us Ryan Millerrrrrrr.. for something and something.. one of the few players off those teams that we could truly treasure

Edited by Onddeck, 26 January 2012 - 01:38 AM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#63 rangers suck69

rangers suck69

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:15 AM

He reported Dwight Howard would be traded to the Nets...4 times already. I've learned never to buy anything he says
Devils Fan for life since 1992
“The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue.”- Scott Stevens

#64 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:56 AM

Btw I think the Devils as an organization should worry about something greater than Parise at the moment, and that's keeping the team in NJ. I'm hearing that with the debt and all, that after the finals the NHL will be taking over the Devils.

Seriously at this point I would almost rather the team just miss the playoffs a few years in a row so we can get some decent draft picks.

Yep, and hitting rock bottom a few years in a row would surely help our attendance, missing the playoffs would boost the revenue and we would stay in NJ for sure. :rolleyes:

I really don't know where you're coming from with this tanking suggestion. We have a franchise player signed to a life-long contract in his prime. Another one i possibly re-signing with us this summer. A surprise potential superstar in Henrique and a developing supertalent in Larsson. Plus, we have tremendous experience in one of the most underrated players in the league, who has more points than any one of the aforementioned players. Oh, and we also have cap space, which we might use if the financial situation lets us, or we might as well stay put. The point is: this is absolutely NO situation to tank. If you were saying this last year, I could understand. But this season? Winning division titles all those seasons really spoiled us. Now 8th place is a lost season... Come on.

It's almost annoying to have them be the 8th seed and have them get clobbered in the playoffs again.

Yeah, and finishing as division leaders really helped us in the playoffs post-lockout.

What I've learned from those last few years is that it doesn't matter what place you finish at as long as it' the top 8. If you're a hot team come playoff time and have the right mix of youth and experience on your roster, you have a good chance of succeeding no matter who you play. Finishing in the top 4 doesn't mean much if you're out of gas by March-April and the home ice advantage is just overrated.

What would be the worst situation with Parise? Him just walking at the end of the year and leaving us with nothing in return? Or would him leaving the team empty up some space and make it easier for us to sign some good defensive men? Besides signing him, trading him would be the best option right?

I'm not saying trading him wouldn't have its benefits, but no matter what any one of use thinks, Lou just doesn't do that when the Devs are a playoff team. If we get into some huge slump and fall out of the playoff picture before the deadline, then I can see that happening, but with the team in the top 10 it's not a possibility. Zach can still help us a) fight for the playoff spot and b) win some games in the postseason and Lou will get everything he can from his time in NJ.

#65 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:41 AM

Gotcha. Thanks for the input all.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#66 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:14 AM

Seriously at this point I would almost rather the team just miss the playoffs a few years in a row so we can get some decent draft picks. It's almost annoying to have them be the 8th seed and have them get clobbered in the playoffs again.
I know that's not really an option with the finical situation but just my opinion.

hows that working for edm....might get them the 1st overall pick 3rd year in a row and counting

Edited by justdo3043, 26 January 2012 - 10:15 AM.

"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#67 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:53 AM

A hard fought 7 game series against the rags would be good for this franchise. we absolutely need to make the Playoffs

#68 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:55 AM

Regardless, I'd love to see us grab Hal Gill from the Habs if it's possible for a pick. He's UFA, only making 2.25, but would certainly help us on D come playoff time.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#69 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,325 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:59 AM

trade urbom/palmieri/2nd for drew stafford

parise-zajac-stafford
kovalchuk-josefson-henrique
sykora-elias-zubrus
ponikarovski-carter-clarkson

that's drool worthy. of course, getting zajac healthy would be nice and I'm not convinced that's going to happen at all this year.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#70 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:10 AM

A hard fought 7 game series against anybody would be good for this franchise. we absolutely need to make the Playoffs

Fixed. They do need to get in though.

#71 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

Fixed. They do need to get in though.

I'll buy that!

#72 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:23 AM

He also tweeted that the isles were shopping streit you think he would be good for us? Idk what his cap hit is or anything just curious

ajq8o1.png

#73 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Streit was discussed here recently and I think most of us thought it would be a good fit for both him and us.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#74 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

I was just looking him up and I think if we can we should get him our biggest problem is the d and he will deffinetly be an upgrade

ajq8o1.png

#75 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:45 AM

parise-zajac-stafford
sykora-elias-zubrus

that's drool worthy. of course, getting zajac healthy would be nice and I'm not convinced that's going to happen at all this year.

No way man.

#76 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,325 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

No way man.

what don't you like? or do you think buffalo doesn't do it? with their standing, the way they're playing, possibility that stafford has fallen out of favor, and the fact that they'll need to create cap room to buy themselves a better team, i could see him as available and a good fit for the devils.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#77 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:09 PM

parise and stafford are good friends which is something but he has a couple more years at 4 million per and he's on track to score 15 goals
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#78 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

No way man.

Why not? Thats a good trade. We need an NHL level right wing and Stafford would be a good fit and losing Palmieri and Urbom is palatable in this scenario. I dont think Buffalo does it for that package though.

#79 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

parise-zajac-stafford
sykora-elias-zubrus

Im all over that.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#80 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

parise and stafford are good friends which is something but he has a couple more years at 4 million per and he's on track to score 15 goals

His career high is 30 (more than Langenbrunner has ever scored) and statistically he's fairly consistent 15-30 goals and 20-25 assists. Considering Buffalo is having a rough year in many respects (from front office to the ice), thats not worrying. The worry I have about Stafford is he's never played a full season. We wouldnt get much more for the package sundstrom suggested. Jamie is who he reminds me of on the ice, but Jamie is better at getting assists, but I also dont think Stafford has ever played with the type of guys Jamie has had around him (i.e. Elias, Parise, etc) as I dont think hes been a top line guy in a while if ever.

Edited by ghdi, 26 January 2012 - 12:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users