205 replies to this topic

#181 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

would you guys mind if i made a video using some of these?!!

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#182 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

It cracks me up when Kenny Albert does our games & it sounds like he's saying Dubinsky everytime he tries to pronounce Zidlicky.

#183 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

All of my content is verbal gold that I donate to the NJDevs community. You're welcome community.

"Radulov has proven in these playoffs to be a team-first guy that the Devs need! "

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#184 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

The officiating last night was excellent.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#185 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

"I really miss Sean Avery."

In that vein....

"I miss those devils teams from the early years; all this winning has gotten so stale."

Edited by AEWHistory, 04 May 2012 - 06:00 PM.

Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#186 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

"BRO-do-er is having a good few years"

#187 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,805 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

"It's a power play goal!"

Lundquist is the next Brodeur
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#188 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,103 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

"I really miss Sean Avery."

In that vein....

"I miss those devils teams from the early years; all this winning has gotten so stale."

StarDew actually said that once, that the Devils were somehow lovable losers back before '88, and that going to games was more fun then than now. To each their own I guess.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#189 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

StarDew actually said that once, that the Devils were somehow lovable losers back before '88, and that going to games was more fun then than now. To each their own I guess.

From a certain point of view, they were. They lost most of the time and we still had fun. There were groups of fans in different sections and we became fast friends. I had seats in front of the box Lou used to sit in. None of this end of the world stuff. :)
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#190 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

stardew is certainly one who is to her own thats for sure but i digress. at any rate if some of you think its bad with crap now well back then i could argue it was worse when the building was at a minimum more then half nyr phi and nyi fans. it sure was fun sitting with fans of the rangers flyers and islanders in the early days and they let you know how bad the devils were too. if you want to call that fun feel free.

every year those games against those 3 teams were like the playoffs being the playoffs was a word that you never thought youd use in the same sentence with devils. it was fun to be part of something new and from the ground up but it was also alot of time energy and taking crap. i do think alot of todays fans forget that the older fans were the ones who built the fanbase with their money time and effort without a stanley cup to bring them aboard.

#191 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

We'd be a better team if we let Parise walk and give Sestito the chance he deserves!
"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#192 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

"Maybe we can trade for Bryzgalov and finally get that franchise goalie to follow Marty".
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Posted Image

#193 gata

gata

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

"We need the other Henrique.... KING HENRIK"

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#194 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,103 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

From a certain point of view, they were. They lost most of the time and we still had fun. There were groups of fans in different sections and we became fast friends. I had seats in front of the box Lou used to sit in. None of this end of the world stuff. :)

Not to derail the thread, but in a way I know what you're saying. But as a fan, the lovable losers thing and the nostalgia of having a new team start to wear off...no one wants to watch a loser year after year after year. Eventually you want to see your team start to make progress, and in time watch them contend for a championship.

And yeah, a lot of our fanbase comes off as entitled, spoiled, demanding, whatever, but some of them have NEVER had to sit through a truly bad season until last year, and even that was salvaged somewhat by last year's second half. They haven't had to sit through seasons like we did in the early-to-mid 80s, where you KNEW that, going in, your team had no chance to make any real headway. But people can't help when they were born. If some kid is born in 1987, saw the Devils win a Cup in '95, then saw two more...and sees his team make the playoffs damned near every season, I can understand where the entitlement feelings come from. Doesn't make some of those fans any less annoying when they throw sh!tfits after every loss and act like the Devils should be in complete control of every single game they play, but if that's the tradeoff for having a team that contends and is relevant year after year, I'll take it.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 05 May 2012 - 02:03 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#195 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,942 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

We'd be better off with Harrold in the lineup over Kovalchuk...oh wait :lol:

Doesn't make some of those fans any less annoying when they throw sh!tfits after every loss and act like the Devils should be in complete control of every single game they play, but if that's the tradeoff for having a team that contends and is relevant year after year, I'll take it.

Well said.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#196 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

I can't wait until we see Gomez' number 23 in the rafters.

Posted Image

#197 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

We 're lucky to be up 2-1 in that series... Should be 3-0 for philly but all the calls just seem to go our way

www.SterioDesign.com

#198 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

"Man I haven't smelled any weed tonight at the RHCP concert"
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#199 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

be interesting to see the ice tommorow with that concert if the puck isnt bouncing around like a beachball or the ice isnt a sheet of slush. this is the latest theres been a hockey game in that building plus the big crowds warmer weather.

#200 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

be interesting to see the ice tommorow with that concert if the puck isnt bouncing around like a beachball or the ice isnt a sheet of slush. this is the latest theres been a hockey game in that building plus the big crowds warmer weather.

Game 3 was the night after the Springsteen concert. It didn't look too bad.

believe-zubrus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users